✍ Nikola Vlasic

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

codger
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Re: ✍ Nikola Vlasic

Post by codger »

So was it him or was it us?
Piss up in a brewery comes to mind.
https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... ker-nikola
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I can't help but feel sorry for him.whether he was good enough, we don't really know. Unfortunately for him and for us, he didn't make sufficient impact in the minutes he was on the pitch. but it is the harsh reality of being a squad player, - these simply have to make their pitch minutes tell. Whether it be a defence splitting pass, an assist, or a goal, he had to do more , even if he was played out of position
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

PF. wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:21 am Our big-ticket signings are comical. What percent are deemed a success?
You can go back to the late 80s, seems to have always been that way...

Robson and the re-signing of McAvennie...

Boogers
Dumitrescu
Radiciou (sp??)
Dale Gordon

Both British and foreign imports.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

all clubs mess up

lets hope he does well in Italy and either comes back here and does well or we sell him on for a decent fee!

he offered little when he did get on and obviously not enough in training to convince moyes and co that he deserved a place . he wont be missed !
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:51 am I can't help but feel sorry for him.whether he was good enough, we don't really know. Unfortunately for him and for us, he didn't make sufficient impact in the minutes he was on the pitch.
Agree completely, and after he’d already flopped at Everton before it was a bit of a daft signing to bring him back over to England again.

Can’t see him coming back at the end of his loan spell either.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Italian Hammer wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:38 pm Bit hard to impress your employer when you are given a few minutes here and there in a position you are not suited for.
Come on now, he's not been injured and out of training between those games. Clearly didn't show enough of the required quality/ies that Moyes wants for him to subsequently use him in games.

A shame, as I think he's got talent and was showing it before moving to us, but I think he was just slightly off the pace in terms of quality for us and the manager. A move now on loan, if he ignites in Italy maybe we try again (I don't know if the 'option to buy' thing just means that we can say 'no'?)
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Good luck to him at Torino. He always looked like he had the ability, but for one reason or another it's just not worked out for him with us.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

PF. wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:21 am Our big-ticket signings are comical. What percent are deemed a success?
It’s extraordinary how few ‘big ticket’ signings have actually worked for us. When you think about the best signings of the past 25 years plucky scouting, an eye for a deal, and offering people a second chance seems to have been the best approach when it comes to securing fit for purpose players.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:57 am all clubs mess up

lets hope he does well in Italy and either comes back here and does well or we sell him on for a decent fee!

he offered little when he did get on and obviously not enough in training to convince moyes and co that he deserved a place . he wont be missed !
Option of 15m isn't really decent. So he either does well and we get a modicum amount back assuming Torino have funds, or he does badly and is valued at even less with confidence in tatters. Less likely option is he performs well but Torino won't or cannot fulfil the buy option and he returns. But will he desire to test himself in the Premier League for a third time at that point?
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1484 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Wrong thread
Take It to the Limit
Has liked: 1201 likes
Total likes: 411 likes

Post by Take It to the Limit »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:51 am I can't help but feel sorry for him.whether he was good enough, we don't really know. Unfortunately for him and for us, he didn't make sufficient impact in the minutes he was on the pitch. but it is the harsh reality of being a squad player, - these simply have to make their pitch minutes tell. Whether it be a defence splitting pass, an assist, or a goal, he had to do more , even if he was played out of position
Yep. I still feel he could be a good squad player for us. I’d like to see these ‘fringe’ players given a chance in the Carabao and see how far we go. It’s really hard to just be given a few minutes here or there and expect to make an impact. Some can, but some have to grow. I don’t think the unlucky injury he caused towards the end of the season helped either.

I think some fans have some quite unrealistic expectations with regards a squad, which is why I generally give the Transfer thread a wide berth as it’s so frustrating.
We don’t have the financial clout or the status to have 20+ regular ‘top of their game’ internationals who are happy to sit most of the season on the bench. So some transfers are going to be a gamble.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

https://www.whufc.com/news/nikola-vlasi ... rino-loan

West Ham United can confirm that Nikola Vlašić has joined Torino on loan.

The 24-year-old heads to the Italian Serie A side on an initial season-long loan deal, with the option to make the move permanent next summer.

Last edited by funky chicken on Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

funky chicken wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:04 pm https://www.whufc.com/news/nikola-vlasi ... rino-loan

West Ham United can confirm that Nikola Vlašić has joined Torino on loan.

The 24-year-old heads to the Italian Serie A side on an initial season-long loan deal, with the option to make the move permanent next summer.
Good. Waste of a squad place if the manager doesn’t trust him to do a job.

He may well have not got the chances he wanted, but every time I saw him he was just average.

Best of luck to him though.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Given the potential number of games this year, Moyes must really think he's pretty awful.

Honestly, I think we did see enough of him. I think that he did little in the games he was involved in leads people (myself included for a time) to think that we haven't seen enough of him. He wasn't egregiously bad either, just unremarkable.

He played a total of 1636 minutes in all competitions last season, equivalent to 18 games, starting all of our Europa group games bar one.
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

Never really ballsed up in any game and always put in a shift. Conversely, he never managed to impose himself on any match that I remember or make a telling difference in any game where he managed to get minutes.

Ultimately I think another season here would have resulted in the same outcome - best for both sides that we cut our losses.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Roby wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:55 am You can go back to the late 80s, seems to have always been that way...

Robson and the re-signing of McAvennie...

Boogers
Dumitrescu
Radiciou (sp??)
Dale Gordon

Both British and foreign imports.
Some of the others are debatable, but there's absolutely no way Boogers was a "big ticket" signing.

Big brown envelope maybe.
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Another big money signing binned off. Was he really that awful that he couldn't come in for the European games?

So much for the idea of he'll work out fine when he's "acclimatised" to English football again.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

smuts wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:20 pm Another big money signing binned off. Was he really that awful that he couldn't come in for the European games?

So much for the idea of he'll work out fine when he's "acclimatised" to English football again.
Using him to play against lesser opposition in Europe then used sparingly domestically is not making the most of our resources I'd argue. If we manage to get a replacement who is to be utilised much more extensively in the league as well then we did a good job out of a bad situation I'd say.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
⁠And never breathe a word about your loss:

Rudyard Kipling..

never a truer word was spoker...

:lol:
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

Good luck Nikola you were neve given a fair crack at it..

Hope you prove those who doubted you wrong.