✍ Nikola Vlasic

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Straw
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 1409 likes

Re: ✍ Nikola Vlasic

Post by The Straw »

Sometimes a subtle change of postiton can change everything. But it's a bit of a stretch to say that Vlasic is better than Benrahma (for us). I'm not Benrahma's biggest fan and see him as something of a flat track bully, like the best player on the playground. Certainly useful but only to a point. Don't remember him troubling the big guns like Bowen regularly does.

Vlasic may well be a better 'footballer'. Like Haller is a better 'footballer' than Antonio, whatever that means. But I hated watching West Ham play with Haller in the team.

Vlasic needs to play in his most useful position, but when he does he needs to show us that he can fit in. I don't dislike the lad. Would be great if he properly arrived next year. Good luck, son.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we all want him to succeed but moyes clearly doesnt fancy him so wouldnt be surprised if he is off and we take a hit on the price. 15m back to fund new players. benrahma is inconsistent but has shown he can produce. with the numbers likely to be leaving he would be on my hold on to list unless we were offered good money and had a replacement lined up ! we dont want the money to end up in sully`s deep pockets !
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

hammerman11 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:59 am we all want him to succeed but moyes clearly doesnt fancy him so wouldnt be surprised if he is off and we take a hit on the price. 15m back to fund new players. benrahma is inconsistent but has shown he can produce. with the numbers likely to be leaving he would be on my hold on to list unless we were offered good money and had a replacement lined up ! we dont want the money to end up in sully`s deep pockets !
We shouldn't need to sell to fund new players.
iamakka
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by iamakka »

Vlasic this season has reminded me more then anything of the start of Fornal's time at the club. Struggling a bit to learn new positions, showing in flashes what he could be capable of, but not quite managing to fully mesh into the team. If he kicks on next season integrating himself better into our style of play the way Pablo did he could go on to be a really important part of the squad.

If we do sign a more traditional centre forward this summer :crylol: , then Vlasic could well become vital playing in the no.10 role behind him - the few glimpses we've had of him there this season have looked promising.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1186 likes
Total likes: 928 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

iamakka wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:55 pm Vlasic this season has reminded me more then anything of the start of Fornal's time at the club. Struggling a bit to learn new positions, showing in flashes what he could be capable of, but not quite managing to fully mesh into the team. If he kicks on next season integrating himself better into our style of play the way Pablo did he could go on to be a really important part of the squad.

If we do sign a more traditional centre forward this summer :crylol: , then Vlasic could well become vital playing in the no.10 role behind him - the few glimpses we've had of him there this season have looked promising.
Need to tell that to all the clowns in the transfer thread who want to sell him :eh:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Metal Hammer wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:58 pm Need to tell that to all the clowns in the transfer thread who want to sell him :eh:
wait, there's more than ONE clown in the transfer thread ??

:shocker:

say it ain't so, Joe.........

:winker:
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:36 am We shouldn't need to sell to fund new players.
Correct.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

We shouldn't but sully is still lingering like a bad smell !
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1034 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

iamakka wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:55 pm Vlasic this season has reminded me more then anything of the start of Fornal's time at the club.
Loads of players take 6-12 months to settle in at a new club/league/country. Fornals is a great example. He was ok in his first season with us, but really kicked on in seasons 2&3. Benrahma managed one goal in his first season and then a significant improvement on that return in season 2. Bowen was hardly a major success with only 1 goal in that first half-season.
Further afield, Evra and Vidic were not great in their first half-season in the Premier League.

It’s certainly not time to write off Vlasic just yet, and our squad isn’t big enough to just cut our losses and clear him out. He’s decent enough to have in the squad as things currently stand.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

iamakka wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:55 pm Vlasic this season has reminded me more then anything of the start of Fornal's time at the club. Struggling a bit to learn new positions, showing in flashes what he could be capable of, but not quite managing to fully mesh into the team. If he kicks on next season integrating himself better into our style of play the way Pablo did he could go on to be a really important part of the squad.

Disagree. I always saw the quality in Fornals and thought he produced even in his first season over here with us. He just got better and better. With Vlasic, I've seen very little quality and apart from doing well against a piss poor Leeds side he's not generally not looked good. And he's has plenty of time on the pitch to do so with 18 starts (13 sub appearances) with just 1 goal and 2 assists in all competitions to his name.
Ribbot
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ribbot »

Unfortunately Vlasic shows none of the qualities that Pablo did in his first year with us.

Pablo's heart and relentless drive to help the team was a major factor in him being loved by the fan base as soon as he arrived. Every minute he is on the pitch his competitive energy burns with an intensity that us fans thrive off. I clearly remember his work rate when he arrived was a marvel. It still is.

Vlasic has none of this energy. His minutes on the pitch have been underwhelming at the least. The only thing he has is a small section of the fan base saying he should be given time to adjust. Yet he seems to show no interest at all and obviously is disappointing DM in training as well.

Furthermore he doesn't need to adjust to a league he is already experienced in. This guy came here for the money, he knew what would happen because he is an experienced epl benchwarmer and knew what he was letting himself in for.

I still think there's something fishy going on though because DM doesn't admit failure easily and unless Vlasic has downed tools completely and given up I believe DM would still be persevering with him.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

For such a big money signing, I too believe Moyes aint happy with his out put so far. He's very (rightly) reluctant to play him because he realises he produces little. He doesn't impose himself on games, he goes missing and for such a big money signing, it's just not good enough. As likeable a person that he is.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Doesn't even make the bench today.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Goodbye.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:11 pm Goodbye.
.... to a poor buy
Colours never run

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:02 pm Doesn't even make the bench today.
Probably protecting him from getting any kind of injury for a possible sale pending.
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

Another panic buy ALA Hugill, but this time around Moyes has to pick up the pieces. A strange signing for sure, one that maybe Moyes thought he could convert, square pegs n all that, but this backfired and this is on Moyes this time,,,, for sure.
PortCityIron
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by PortCityIron »

Looking rather portly in the latest club video. Has to be one of the worst buys of Moyes‘s tenure and unless it has something to do with him coming from Russia, I just don’t get it.

https://youtu.be/f_uCiQ-5N2g
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I expect him to be gone before deadline day. Whether a loan, or a permanent. It just simply hasn’t worked out.

He seems like a nice bloke though. So I wish him all the best if and when he does get his move.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

His sister Blanka is 7 inches taller than him.

We should have known really.