✍ Nikola Vlasic

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: ✍ Nikola Vlasic

Post by Colours never run »

iamakka wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:55 pm Vlasic this season has reminded me more then anything of the start of Fornal's time at the club.
It was nothing of the sort. He was always good, he's just got better and better.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Just get rid ASAP
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

hammerman11 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:51 pm Just get rid ASAP
you or him ? asking for a friend ?
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:28 pm His sister Blanka is 7 inches taller than him.
Should have signed her.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Lanzini was given plenty of time if you consider how he had a poor few seasons. And when he did get back into form, it was patchy at best for me. And more importantly, he was given the opportunity to play a variety of positions. Some which suited him better than others. Vlasic has not been given a fair crack at all. Moyes' fault or is there more to it and he isn't up to scratch in training either?
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

I still don't think we've given him much of a chance. He rarely played substantial minutes in games back to back and even more rarely in his natural position in a team of primarily first XI players.

Moyes' man management of him is really rather baffling.

However if we don't plan on ever giving him a run of games in his natural position in a settled team then we might as well cut our losses.
iLoveLasagne

Post by iLoveLasagne »

It seems Moyes was determined to mould him to play on the left just as he did with Fornals. Questionable decision if that is the case.
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Perhaps he wasnt a Moyes signing!! Razzle Dazzle :thdn:
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

War Pony wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:09 pm Perhaps he wasnt a Moyes signing!! Razzle Dazzle :thdn:
Moyes:
“I am delighted to welcome Nikola to West Ham United,” the manager said. “I have been watching him improve over recent seasons – he has got a good goals and assists record during that time. He is also a Croatia international with experience and still being only 23, I feel there is more to come from him.

“I was really impressed with how determined Nikola was to become a West Ham player. It’s that hunger and ambition that fits with what we are trying to build here at the Club.”
Ribbot
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ribbot »

Maybe he has created a stink?

I don't really understand us signing him.
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

He'll be our top scorer this season :coolas:
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

War Pony wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:09 pm Perhaps he wasnt a Moyes signing!! Razzle Dazzle :thdn:
There's no way Vlasic was a Sullivan signing when you consider all Moyes comments and the Everton connection. Vlasic's pedigree and attitude all seem to point to him being a Moyes type of player, which just makes his treatment of him all the more baffling.
iLoveLasagne

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Perhaps Moyes is still prepared to give him time. Maybe the interest from Torino et al is due to him not playing and support from his Croatian coach to leave so they sense an opportunity to prise him away. BUT the fact he featured so infrequently does ring alarm bells and suggests he isn't favoured.
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

For all we know it's the player who wants out because of lack of playing time, not the manager. World cup and all that
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

norse wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:45 pm For all we know it's the player who wants out because of lack of playing time, not the manager. World cup and all that
Can't blame him. He's been shoddily treated.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The upfront fee AC Milan were talking was allegedly £17m (€20m) with another £8.5m (€10m) in add-ons.

Torino now allegedly concerned about his €3m a year wages here according to Italian media. That's £50k a week.

Those numbers are much less grand that the kind of stuff being reported over here. Perplexing.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

norse wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:45 pm For all we know it's the player who wants out because of lack of playing time, not the manager. World cup and all that
print off a lingard mask and he'll find himself nailed to the XI.
GetUrWangOut
Has liked: 76 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by GetUrWangOut »

I would be sad to see Vlasic go. I think there’s more to come from him but he needs to be given a proper chance in his proper position before we can really judge him. From what I’ve seen there have been glimpses.

I don’t think I’ve said a bad word about Moyes since him rejoining but this will go down as a) a very poor use of funds (if sold for the proposed figures) and b) poor management of a player who needs to integrate into the the English league. Both of which I believe the ultimate blame lies with Moyes.

He is allowed a mistake or two though. Still love ya Moyesey
Kermit
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 321 likes

Post by Kermit »

I can never understand it when clubs pay substantial sums for players, presumably because the manager rates them, and then play those players in unfamiliar roles to the one they have made their name in. You watch a player several times, he plays well and you take a punt. Then you play him in a different role and seem to be surprised you're not watching the player you bought.

Isn''t it a bit like one of us buying a Mercedes 240 and dropping a 1200 c c Ford engine into it ?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I'm not so sure the role he was asked to play just a bit more to the left was so alien to what he's allegedly better at. He still should have showed some signs of real quality and yet after 30 odd appearances 1 way or another he simply failed to make his mark. You could see him looking like a rabbit in headlights a lot of the time and no slight positional change was going to drastically improve that. In the Prem, twice now, he simply isn't all that good. We are doing the right thing shipping him iut on loan to Perm move by looks of it.