✍ Nikola Vlasic

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

yakandyeti
Has liked: 425 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Re: ✍ Nikola Vlasic

Post by yakandyeti »

It’s interesting to me that Kral and Vlassic the two deadline day buys are the two that haven’t pushed on. Is it not having preseason to bed in or is it that they were panic buys? Maybe both.
rhysvol1995
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by rhysvol1995 »

Let's give him a full pre-season and judge him this time next year.

I can't see us recouping anywhere close to what we paid for him as it stands anyway. Plus, with the amount of players leaving/OOC this summer we could do with keeping him around, even if it is as a squad player.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Maybe we can send him back to Russia in exchange for some gas?
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

rhysvol1995 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:32 am Let's give him a full pre-season and judge him this time next year.

I can't see us recouping anywhere close to what we paid for him as it stands anyway.
The choice is shift him this summer for a bit of money. Even if it’s below what we paid for him. Or sell him next summer for far less money after he features in less games than he already has. Which he will do if we especially bring in another attacking midfielder.

It’s kind of a similar situation to when we sold Haller. We managed to sell Haller for around £20m. Less than what we allegedly paid for him. But if we had kept him for another season on the bench, do you think we would’ve received bids as high as £20m, with his contract running down?
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

He’s going to be a player next season, I’m convinced. You don’t get 35 caps for Croatia if you’re useless.

He has been played in various positions this season and just needs a proper pre-season to see how he fits in.

I don’t see us selling him. I could actually see Benrahma being sold ahead of him..
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

S-H wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:12 am Maybe we can send him back to Russia in exchange for some gas?
Considering how he's faired so far for the money, all we'd get in return is laughing gas.
codger
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by codger »

Believer wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:11 pm He’s going to be a player next season, I’m convinced. You don’t get 35 caps for Croatia if you’re useless.

He has been played in various positions this season and just needs a proper pre-season to see how he fits in.

I don’t see us selling him. I could actually see Benrahma being sold ahead of him..
This, without a doubt.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Believer wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:11 pm He’s going to be a player next season, I’m convinced. You don’t get 35 caps for Croatia if you’re useless.

I'm not the biggest Benrahma fan, but I think that would be ridiculous. Benrahma is better.
codger

Post by codger »

Opinions eh, it's what makes this forum the great success that it is. COUI. :grin:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

S-H wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:12 am Maybe we can send him back to Russia in exchange for some gas?
VlasProm!
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

You don't get all those caps for nothing, but something is not right given how little he has featured. As with Haller, sometimes a decent player doesn't fit with the manager's plan.

And I hope you are right with regards Vlasic next season, but selling Benrahma who has contributed significantly to our successes this season over a bloke who has been playing cards with Kral on the bench for the main part would be plain crazy.

We are hardly going to miss Vlasic if we move him on
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Billy Hunt wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:47 pm You don't get all those caps for nothing, but something is not right given how little he has featured. As with Haller, sometimes a decent player doesn't fit with the manager's plan.

And I hope you are right with regards Vlasic next season, but selling Benrahma who has contributed significantly to our successes this season over a bloke who has been playing cards with Kral on the bench for the main part would be plain crazy.

We are hardly going to miss Vlasic if we move him on
He is still a young player. He's only 24 and has been very good in other leagues. Some people go on about Everton, but he was a kid at the time and came in behind three other number 10s, including Rooney and Sigurddsen, who was their record signing.

He is a top athlete and will get better as time goes on.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:52 pm He is still a young player. He's only 24 and has been very good in other leagues. Some people go on about Everton, but he was a kid at the time and came in behind three other number 10s, including Rooney and Sigurddsen, who was their record signing.

He is a top athlete and will get better as time goes on.
Everton is irrelevant, he was just a kid. Last season isn't irrelevant though.

For whatever reason, Moyes did not trust him to do a job throughout the entire season. It was supposedly he needed to acclimatise pre Christmas... but then what ? He still barely featured even when we had injuries and games coming thick and fast. That implies he is not trusted doesn't it ?

Sure he has age on his side, and he must be talented - we haven't seen it yet - but that was a huge chunk of ££ to spend on a squad filler. Maybe Lanzini's resurgence pushed him a bit further down the pecking order.

It would be great if he fulfilled his potential and came good for us, but it is looking unlikely and we really would not miss him. Maybe he just needs filing along with Haller, Anderson etc - good players that did not work out at West Ham
Ribbot
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ribbot »

It really isn't OK to be spending 30 million pounds on a player who isn't good enough to make the first team.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Doubt it was 3pm probably 20m plus add ons
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:15 pm I'm not the biggest Benrahma fan, but I think that would be ridiculous. Benrahma is better.
My thought process is that Benrahma has proven himself to PL level, so if someone bids what we paid or more, it wouldn’t be a disaster if we sold him.

However, we’ve allegedly paid £33m for Vlasic and nobody is going anywhere near that so we would take a hit. We ain’t doing that.

I’m not suggesting we do sell Benny, I’m just saying that there’s more chance of us selling him than Vlasic as Brentford or someone will give us at least our money back..
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:51 pm Doubt it was 3pm probably 20m plus add ons
Still a dogshit return for 20m plus for this season. He's probably repaid back £2m so far and that's being generous.
codger

Post by codger »

All found in KUMB stats. All about NV.

https://www.kumb.com/squad.php?id=Nikola%20Vlasic
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

He just isn't a winger.

His only decent performances for us have been centrally, he needs a run there.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 pm He just isn't a winger.

His only decent performances for us have been centrally, he needs a run there.
You would think if the team start playing further up the pitch and become more dominant in possession then Vlasic wouyld become more useful?