✍ Alex Král

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators :  chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Re: ✍ Alex Král

Post by Puff Daddy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:13 pm

Outstanding signing

El brooko79
Has liked: 116 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by El brooko79 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:19 pm

BobbyMooreLower wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:11 pm

Kral is only there just in case we get a midfield injury crisis & to be frank I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the starting 11 vs leeds. They will not stop running and we need players comfortable in possession to be playing
It's a tough balance as leeds have always struggled physically against us. We let them have the ball.

If we play the same team as last night we need to keep the ball and beat them at their own game.

Fully understand the worry of a hesitant Kral getting caught in a Leeds press.

funky chicken
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by funky chicken » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:40 pm

I know Moyes likes to give new players time to settle in. But even I am surprised we haven’t seen a few more minutes from Kral. Of all his signings as West Ham manager Kral must of had the least amount of minutes in the League. I am sure even Hugill had more! :shock:

Even yesterday when we went 2-0 up and not long remaining you would’ve thought that was the perfect time to bring him on. But still nothing. It’s really strange as when he’s played I don’t think he’s done particularly bad.

RaddyKovac
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by RaddyKovac » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:13 pm

It is a strange signing - we seem to have forgotten the "try" part of "try before you buy"!

Perhaps he's crap in training?

hammerman11
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by hammerman11 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:22 pm

Can only be poor training keeping him out. Even yarmo gets 5 mins !

If we don't want him then we need another CM/DM

Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 191 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:53 pm

hammerman11 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:22 pm
Can only be poor training keeping him out. Even yarmo gets 5 mins !

If we don't want him then we need another CM/DM
You realise they play different positions right?

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 am

OF COURSE BUT IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT POSITION YOU PLAY YOU NEED TO TRAIN WELL.

seems we paid 4m for the loan. bit of a waste so far !

yakandyeti
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by yakandyeti » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:14 am

I thought I'd seen glimpses of a decent player and he was well rated before the Euros, but better to pay £4m and get rid than to pay £14m and be stuck with him for the next 4 years.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:19 am

That is true . be nice to see him get the odd 10 mins in a match. surely the norwich game he could of come on ? after we went 2 up could he have come on instead of yarmo ?

does seem strange we never see him play but we must trust moyes judgement.

k-r-c
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by k-r-c » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:22 am

hammerman11 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:19 am
That is true . be nice to see him get the odd 10 mins in a match. surely the norwich game he could of come on ? after we went 2 up could he have come on instead of yarmo ?

does seem strange we never see him play but we must trust moyes judgement.
As has been mentioned you would presume theres a buy clause if playing a certain numbers of games.

If we are unsure on him then we are not going to give him 5/10 minutes here and there to commit us to buying him. We are playing this right else what will happen is we giv him 5/10 mins here and there he gets very close then to making enough appearances and we then never play him again which may backfire if we end up with a few midfielders injured later in the season.

yakandyeti
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by yakandyeti » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:24 am

It's a really badly drafted clause if 5 mins at the end counts the same as a start.

Aztec Hammer
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:42 am

Doesn’t have the technical ability to play for one of the better Premier League sides.

Though I wouldn’t be surprised if we let his loan deal run out, he returns to Moscow and we sign him for chump change not long after rather than take up the option on him, which we obviously won’t at that price.

His stock had fallen before he signed for us, and has probably fallen even more since. I doubt he’s worth much now. Certainly not the cost of the option.

I thought it was fairly obvious he wasn’t that good before we signed him, and nothing has changed that with this loan move really. He can run and chase causes though, so maybe just that is enough for him to fit a specific backup role for a Moyes squad, for a few years, if he is willing to face the reality that he isn’t the player that the football community might have thought he was, this time last year.

If not, I assume it’s back to Russia and then ultimately somewhere like Turkey for Kral.

fjthegrey
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by fjthegrey » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:54 am

The Russki league is clearly a much lower standard than we realised.

kitthehammer
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by kitthehammer » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:18 am

I'll be the first to admit i wasn't impressed by kral in the euro's but we must have seen something in him to get him on loan and add him to the squad.
But if he isn't even going to get a game against Norwich when soucek and noble are out, then what is the point in having him?
It must be pretty soul destroying for an international player to not get a game against weak opposition with the competition for his place being injured or sick.
If we are never going to play him then send him back, and its a it rich of us to complain whilst our players are brought back from loans because they are not getting a game.
Can we not at least see him play a few games to actually see what he is like?
I don't think anyone on this site can truly know how good he is because we've hardly seen him play 90 mins.

Aztec Hammer
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:21 am

Seen him play, and get dropped for the performances, by his national team as well.

We can’t see him play for West Ham so long as there is someone better available who plays the same position.

Lanzini is better and so played against Norwich instead of Kral. It’s that simple really.

Gsbgsb
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by Gsbgsb » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:29 am

Two questions.

Is Kral better than Lanzini on current form or better than Fornals as a number 10/second striker where he played on Wednesday.

Against Norwich when replacing Soucek do you want the more creative option in CM or the more destructive?

For me he is not as good as Lanzini on current form (I believe Lanzini is one of the form players in the league at the moment) and, given the opposition, you want all the creativity on the pitch.

As for a substitute appearance we were running midfield what positive value would a 5-10 minute appearance have been? Coming in cold had he made an error the negative value would have been huge.

Sunday is a far closer decision as to whether you include him and push Lanzini into the Fornals role or stick with a winning team.

stu1
Has liked: 76 likes
Total likes: 111 likes

Post by stu1 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:48 am

It’s clear Moyes doesn’t really fancy him, I’ll be shocked if we fork out £13m or whatever it is for him in the summer.

He looks busy but rather limited on the ball, I think our current level of performance is above Karl’s level, whereas three years ago he would have played fairly regularly.

Nothing against the bloke but we can do better. I would however give the poor sod a game against Kidderminster. If he doesn’t play in that game Moyes might as well just send him back.

Liam
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Liam » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 am

I must admit i was surprised not to see him against Norwich, maybe Moyes just chose that game to be a touch more attacking. Wouldn't be surprised if Kral comes in to attempt to make the midfield a bit more solid.

YorksHammer
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by YorksHammer » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:37 am

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Rice - Kral - Soucek midfield three at some point this season. I think Kral would be ideal as a deeper central midfielder behind those two against teams where a lot of passing comes from central midfield.

kitthehammer
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by kitthehammer » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 am

i don't quite know why people are comparing kral to lanzini?
completely different roles.
kral is more like soucek, a defensive midfielder who wins the ball and breaks down attacks. That's not Lanzini's game is it.
You need different types of players for different games/teams.
ok we went more attacking v norwich because we could afford to against a side that doesn't score goals. So fornals, lanzini and vlasic played.
That's not going to be the same scenario for many other teams is it?
if that match was against another team with a tougher midfield and better attack i doubt we could afford so many attacking players.
but if kral is simply not going to get a game even if we need a defensive midfielder and soucek and noble aren't available, then there isn't really much point in keeping him.
But it seems to me we are never going to see what he is like in a west ham shirt.
He looked ok, if nothing special so far, but that's as a defensive midfielder, not an attacking midfielder.