If your kid has taken a 'CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT' Signs

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators :  chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Arnold Layne
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Re: If your kid has taken a 'CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT' Signs

Post by Arnold Layne » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:21 am

O.P. is,on this occasion,100% correct.

Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:44 am

I asked Mrs Jargon to hold up a sign at a Beyonce concert.

"Oi Knowles. Can my husband have your knickers. Pardon?"

She's a good sport.

ironilunga
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by ironilunga » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:10 am

I blame David Moyes for this thread. There are literally no players in the squad to target so like an overpopulated community of rats with an insufficient food source they begin to eat each other. 😁

I8CHAVS
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by I8CHAVS » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:01 pm

Someone tell me i am wrong here, they are EVERYWHERE now, absolute joke, little kid that got the west ham one last night fair play was buzzing and didnt even ponce for it

Morocco Mole
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Morocco Mole » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:26 pm

I blame Antonio. Image

mushy
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by mushy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:56 am

Cockneyboy311 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:23 pm

If I was a player I'd head to the disabled supporters section if I was going to give any of my kit away.
Its a lovely day thought but why would Jack Wilshere need your shirt?

mushy
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by mushy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:59 am

Benaloon wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:53 pm
Ooh you're hard.

I find the sign thing needy too, but it's still not as embarrassing as that post. What am I reading.
This really made me laugh.

Johnzo

Post by Johnzo » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:53 am

I8CHAVS wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:01 pm
Someone tell me i am wrong here, they are EVERYWHERE now, absolute joke, little kid that got the west ham one last night fair play was buzzing and didnt even ponce for it
Really seems to have gone up a notch post pandemic. Obviously comparing to pre pandemic not behind closed doors!

Think it's here to stay with social media, and the players & clubs pretty much promoting it too.

Call me a miserable b*stard but if I were a player I'd deliberately avoid those with signs, it is glorified begging.
Last edited by Johnzo on Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:56 am

Missed this thread first time around :lol:

I get the point and it's difficult to argue it, but to counter seeing some of the lil faces light up and reaction to getting a shirt is lovely, I have no idea though if they are the ones holding up the boards or not?

Cottee
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by Cottee » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:06 am

I8CHAVS wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:01 pm
You're joking right? Her dad's been on the beg on Twitter for a few weeks now, they've already had a signed England shirt from him recently but that wasn't enough apparently and he kept on about getting another shirt. And yes, they took a sign on Wednesday.

Kids running onto the pitch is slowly becoming the new thing as well.

fjthegrey
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 122 likes

Post by fjthegrey » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:19 am

I might need a bigger sign back in row 64. c**** always ignore me.

YorksHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by YorksHammer » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:45 am

Don't really mind the signs, it's the mugging on Twitter that I can't stand - the dad of the girl that got the shirt that everyone thinks is lovely has a bunch of tweets of him and his lass spending four hours or more outside the training ground giving it the tears that Rice didn't notice them, directly Tweeting at him blah blah blah.

Like, there's the luck of getting a shirt at random when it's lobbed into the crowd. There's holding up a sign or writing a nice letter to the club (like, I'm pretty sure if you wrote a letter to the Rice c/o West Ham you'd get something back, unless the people in charge really are the dicks we all believe them to be). And then there's just making a nuisance of yourself. Restraining orders are a better thing to give that girl and her dad than a shirt.

I8CHAVS
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by I8CHAVS » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:52 pm

Cottee wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:06 am
You're joking right? Her dad's been on the beg on Twitter for a few weeks now, they've already had a signed England shirt from him recently but that wasn't enough apparently and he kept on about getting another shirt. And yes, they took a sign on Wednesday.

Kids running onto the pitch is slowly becoming the new thing as well.
****ing hell, i didnt know that, livid.

As you can imagine due to my previous convictions searching kids getting shirts off **** is a bit of a risky google

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:01 pm

YorksHammer wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:45 am
Don't really mind the signs, it's the mugging on Twitter that I can't stand - the dad of the girl that got the shirt that everyone thinks is lovely has a bunch of tweets of him and his lass spending four hours or more outside the training ground giving it the tears that Rice didn't notice them, directly Tweeting at him blah blah blah.

Like, there's the luck of getting a shirt at random when it's lobbed into the crowd. There's holding up a sign or writing a nice letter to the club (like, I'm pretty sure if you wrote a letter to the Rice c/o West Ham you'd get something back, unless the people in charge really are the dicks we all believe them to be). And then there's just making a nuisance of yourself. Restraining orders are a better thing to give that girl and her dad than a shirt.
Seriously considering tweeting the bloke asking which one he is going to auction for Isla's fund.

YorksHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by YorksHammer » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:55 pm

Cockneyboy311 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:01 pm
Seriously considering tweeting the bloke asking which one he is going to auction for Isla's fund.
Genuinely, when I was looking for the bloke on Twitter - I don't have an account, it's a rancid hellpit that should be burnt to the ground - I found someone saying they'd spent a busy few weeks framing signed Rice shirts for sale, had one left but more coming, and dropping their email/mobile number underneath for sale.

First off, where are they getting multiple signed Rice shirts from, because I'm pretty sure they aren't coming from the man himself. Secondly, what sort of disgusting grifter makes money out of someone else's fame at the expense of fans of (presumably) their own football club?

Cottee
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by Cottee » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:59 pm

YorksHammer wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:55 pm
Genuinely, when I was looking for the bloke on Twitter - I don't have an account, it's a rancid hellpit that should be burnt to the ground - I found someone saying they'd spent a busy few weeks framing signed Rice shirts for sale, had one left but more coming, and dropping their email/mobile number underneath for sale.

First off, where are they getting multiple signed Rice shirts from, because I'm pretty sure they aren't coming from the man himself. Secondly, what sort of disgusting grifter makes money out of someone else's fame at the expense of fans of (presumably) their own football club?
You'd be surprised how many players do private signings for a few extra quid, even if they're earning **** loads.