FIFA 22

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

FIFA 22

Post by The Terminator »

Anyone else playing it?

I tell myself every year I won't buy it again, who am I kidding, I feel like a kid at Christmas when it comes out (and I'm 36 years old!).

For me it's all about Ultimate Team, I love building squads and earning rewards etc. but the competition is insane, I'm Div 6 right now and reckon maybe Div 5 will be my limit, every match is hard work and proper 'sweaty' as they say!
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: FIFA 22

Post by S-H »

It always irritates me how they mess with the basics, defending for example, is a nightmare on every new release, and by the time you master it, another new one is out.
bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

I've been considering it for the first time in about 15 years seeing as PES has become a bit of a sh!tshow this year. But I have been playing the 10 hour trial via Gamepass, and I just can't enjoy it consistently enough. I do think the game modes are great, and it is very flashy and the game looks good.

The football just seems too fast for me, too reliant on special skills (especially online where the opposition will do the same skill move 15 times in a row to beat your entire team and score). It just doesn't feel like football to me. Still better than eFootball though, and I recognise it does actually seem like an improvement over last years 'effort' from my minimal experience.

I'll probably get my footballing video game buzz from Football Manager this year :(
S-H

Post by S-H »

Congratulations, EA Sports, you've managed to make yet another FIFA game worse than the previous years' effort.

What a pile of steaming excrement, this latest version is.

:clap: :thdn:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

S-H wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:19 am What a pile of steaming excrement, this latest version is.
I do wonder how you'd have coped with Match Day (or even the far superior Match Day II) on the ZX Spectrum 40 years ago if this is your view...
S-H

Post by S-H »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:26 am I do wonder how you'd have coped with Match Day (or even the far superior Match Day II) on the ZX Spectrum 40 years ago if this is your view...
I really enjoyed FIFA 21 - thought it flowed well, 22 doesn't at all, feels disjointed and clumsy, the goalkeepers are especially poor, hopefully some updates will help improve it.

Of course visually it is a stunning game, but in my opinion it doesn't play well at all, which makes it worse than its predecessor, and that is a shame, especially when you consider the price of next gen gaming.

All these modern FIFA titles are poor though, in comparison, to the early naughties PES titles.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

I've been playing FUT on a gaming laptop through Steam and I am really impressed with the graphics and smoothness. I've played several hours and have a record of 11-4-3.

Having walked away from FIFA on the Playstation due to the obvious scripting I was sceptical but I didn't really experience anything untoward. Then, a couple of nights ago, most (and I mean most) passes I made didn't have the right weight on it or went straight to the opposition. I didn't change anything with my controller and was really annoyed by it. It was so obvious, the other player sent me a message apologising for his win!

I hope it was a one-off coding issue as I was enjoying it up until then. Guess I'll see when I log back in to see if it repeats.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

S-H wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:19 amOf course visually it is a stunning game, but in my opinion it doesn't play well at all, which makes it worse than its predecessor, and that is a shame, especially when you consider the price of next gen gaming.
I dunno S-H. Not being an aficionado I can't really tell the minor differences between versions, but for someone brought up in the eight-bit era I find the sheer quality of it all rather overwhelming.

It's a ****ing fantastic title truth be told, what with all the available game modes, depth of database and real players/teams.
S-H wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:19 amAll these modern FIFA titles are poor though, in comparison, to the early naughties PES titles.
Really?

I mean, I can happily lose a couple of hours playing Kevin Toms' original football manager on a Spectrum but you simply can't compare that with modern software.
S-H

Post by S-H »

You are of course right in that, the game as a whole is quite brilliant, perhaps I could have worded my post better as my focus was solely on game play - career mode to be precise.

That is the only game mode I'm interested in, I don't enjoy playing online (too much stress)

At present the gameplay is a let-down, I do hope they can fix that.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Bought it for the first time since FIFA 19, which was my first instalment since FIFA 15, so I am no seasoned pro but was a massive FIFA fan since 98 (aside from the few years PES trumped it).

Defending I find tough, I seem okay in the most part until they slow dribble near my box, I seem to run out of the way and give them a free shot too often. I have not mastered the two man press either with RB button, I seem to just press the AI player but lose all control of the player I am controlling.

Have enjoyed FUT but it's a game that infuriates me like no other. Genuine rage. I am in div 6 and the champions cup but div 6 is tough. I think I've lost 4 and won 1, maybe 2.

What formation are people playing?

I go 4-2-3-1 (CM, CM, CAM, LM, RM)

Pope

Robertson, Rudiger, Gomez, AWB/TAA

Ndidi, Havertz

Foden

Grealish - Jesus - Bailly / Mahrez

I feel like I need some more pace in the side up top though so bought Bailly to replace Mahrez but it's not enough. I also seem to get countered all the time, I generally have around 60% possession but lose a lot. Any tips to stop me smashing my PS5 up would be appreciated.

I am tempted to sell my side and build a La Liga or Bundesliga side as I struggle against them a lot, plus they seem to be cheaper and I can pick up some rarer cards. I find building a prem side boring, although I am not sure how to incorporate other leagues players without hurting my chemistry
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

I've skipped it this year. Played way too much Fifa 21 with lock down etc and half the time I wasn't enjoying it, mostly due to the dodgy lag compensation which massively helps the person with the worse connection. My Internet was playing up for a few weeks and I had my best record in Fifa during that time! As soon as it was fixed then back to half the games feeling like you are playing in a muddy field while your opponent is skating around on ice.

EA are fully aware of this but don't want to upset their core punters (kids...)
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

S-H wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm At present the gameplay is a let-down, I do hope they can fix that.
If I had a quibble, it's that the game doesn't implement the offside law correctly.
DasNutNock2
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by DasNutNock2 »

Up the Junction wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:21 pm If I had a quibble, it's that the game doesn't implement the offside law correctly.
Just like in real life!
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Bought the game a week ago.

Ive breezed through to Div 2 on FUT but coming up against the truly sweaty teams and teams that have clearly been assembled for a princely sum whilst I still have Ryan Fredericks at right back and some bloke from Brentford in holding mid alongside Ainsley Maitland Niles.

This game gets like this, everyone reaches their peak and it gets boring after that. Refusing to ply money into Fifa Points this time around.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Received this game for Christmas and gave it a spin for the first time this afternoon. Seems I have a lot to learn! First Fifa game I've played since '16.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Got to Elite division and the new season started and I got demoted 2 divisions.

Can’t get out of Div 2, same old story. Plenty of average players who rely heavily on tactics and AI defending. Sit deep, 8 men back all game, pump long to a couple of quicks on “stay forward”.

I’m having 70% possession and a higher XG but still losing. Until fifa does away with the tactics and player instructions the game is nothing to do with fifa and just for geeks who watch YouTube videos on “tactic hacks”.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

I find I can pass the ball around for fun, most of the time, and then the opposition run straight through me and score a couple of worldies.
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Been playing career mode. Made myself a 19 year old forward, I'd banged in 68 goals in 29 appearances then randomly got dropped. Now I have a message from Moyes that I'm not progressing and that he will sell me asap. Wtf? Headbanger
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

We’ve got Antonio mate.
Kakophonix
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Kakophonix »

I am reconsidering to buy FIFA 2022... I was playng the last FIFA in nineties...since then I prefered Total Club Manager and Football Manager...I prefered to watch matches and call bad names the players I manage only instead of playing them miserably myself :-)

Now with online possibilities I am reconsidering FIFA again...but I have seen all those button combinations
https://www.ign.com/wikis/fifa-22/Controls
does anyone play FIFA with dualshock controller?

Does it makes sense to start now? Is it even possible to enjoy FIFA online, when you play it for the first time? :grin: :chin: