West Ham Utd 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur (24/10/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1159 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur: match thread

Post by HammerPDC »

Anyone notice the commentary on the intro for our game on MOTD2 last night?

“It’s a game that’s always mattered more to West Ham than it has to Tottenham”, what kind of patronising b*llocks is that, it’s a pretty average look

Tottenham aren’t even in my top 2 disliked rivals
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 801 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

EvilC wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 pm Disappointing OV, they were fairly reasonable. There wasn’t even any complaining about the penalty that they should have had.
Well other than those 2 freaks who have converted their garage into a studio and then interview fans from Ireland and South Africa.

Something is little bit weird about those two, along the lines of them still being breastfed.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:23 pm I wouldn't want to swap many of their players for ours. Apart from Son and Kane, and even then, you can't have Kane ahead of Antonio on current form. A couple of years ago and we'd be taking at least 8 of theirs for our starting XI.
The only one of Sunday's starters I'd take is Moura - works his nuts off and has some ability, a bit in the Bowen mould. Son and Kane can FRO, the cheating cocks.
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by likemydreams »

Heysel76 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:12 pm http://jimmyg2.blogspot.com/2021/10/pri ... ondon.html
Pretty unbiased spud view
Thanks for posting , i needed something to help me sleep and reading that as nearly sent me off 😴
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2648 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Post by EvilC »

RichieRiv wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:17 pm Well other than those 2 freaks who have converted their garage into a studio and then interview fans from Ireland and South Africa.

Something is little bit weird about those two, along the lines of them still being breastfed.
:crylol:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Heysel76 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:12 pm http://jimmyg2.blogspot.com/2021/10/pri ... ondon.html
Pretty unbiased spud view
Stopped reading as soon as I read

We were by no means the 2nd best team.

We had more chances than them and never looked like losing. So I would say that they were the 2nd best team you ****ing knob
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:45 am Stopped reading as soon as I read

We had more chances than them and never looked like losing. So I would say that they were the 2nd best team you ****ing knob
Depends on his context, but I'm assuming he's being clever with his wording and actually thinks they were the better side. They weren't 2nd best, but neither were we. None of us were great, but we certainly produced more chances, looked the more dangerous side when attacking, defended better and scored the goal. So in a tight and pretty poor game, we were certainly better in the parts that mattered. Having possession and not having a shot in the whole 2nd half is woeful. Not even a row Z shot. Nothing.
woodford
Has liked: 416 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

I don't understand them. If that was us, we'd be looking at our own teams commitment and some would be questioning everything around the club based on one defeat

They seem to be the polar opposite. They truly are deluded enough to think they have a divine right to be great, and that any defeat is just a bump in the road on the way to greatness. Without anything tangible to back it up.

Ironic then that this should henceforth be named after the man in charge of their great rivals..... Arteta Syndrome.

Thing is, they know they do it but they just can't stop themselves. As the years roll on, i think Spurs have been just about as big a bunch of ***** as its possible to be, yet every year they they manage to surpass it.

I always remind one of my spurs mates of this line when Gareth Bale came back ..."See that? That's the Premier League title right there that is, over by Christmas"
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

woodford wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:06 am I don't understand them. If that was us, we'd be looking at our own teams commitment and some would be questioning everything around the club based on one defeat

They seem to be the polar opposite. They truly are deluded enough to think they have a divine right to be great, and that any defeat is just a bump in the road on the way to greatness. Without anything tangible to back it up.

Ironic then that this should henceforth be named after the man in charge of their great rivals..... Arteta Syndrome.

Thing is, they know they do it but they just can't stop themselves. As the years roll on, i think Spurs have been just about as big a bunch of ***** as its possible to be, yet every year they they manage to surpass it.

I always remind one of my spurs mates of this line when Gareth Bale came back ..."See that? That's the Premier League title right there that is, over by Christmas"
Well put. It's a syndrome that also affects Liverpool fans too.

I also like how so many of them think we are terrible and useless. We're 4th at the moment, gone 3 from 3 in the Europa League and came 6th and above them last year. What must they think of teams who are actually a bit useless?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2698 likes

Post by sendô »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:45 am Stopped reading as soon as I read

I stopped reading after the opening paragraph:

In the 9 games since the start of the Season we have lost to Chelsea, Arsenal, Crystal Palace and now West Ham. We only need to lose the Watford to complete an ignominious set. It's now 10 games in all competitions without a clean sheet.

This muppet seems to have forgotten that a) Brentford are in London, and b) Watford aren't. The bloke's probably from the USA anyway.
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 524 likes

Post by Denzil »

HammerPDC wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:35 pm Anyone notice the commentary on the intro for our game on MOTD2 last night?

“It’s a game that’s always mattered more to West Ham than it has to Tottenham”, what kind of patronising b*llocks is that, it’s a pretty average look

Tottenham aren’t even in my top 2 disliked rivals
I think it's pretty spot on. Ask most who their game they most want to win in the league every season is and they'd say Spurs. Ask Spurs and they'd say Arsenal, followed by Chelsea.
Igor_E7
Has liked: 1571 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by Igor_E7 »

Denzil wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:23 am Ask most who their game they most want to win in the league every season is and they'd say Spurs. Ask Spurs and they'd say Arsenal, followed by Chelsea.
Chelsea and Arsenal for me :zippy:
Remo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Remo »

Denzil wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:23 amAsk most who their game they most want to win in the league every season is and they'd say Spurs. Ask Spurs and they'd say Arsenal, followed by Chelsea.
I'd say Man Utd and Chelsea, personally.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 140 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

"Season after season teams get taunted with memes and pics of Big Sam when they are struggling. I'd ****ing take him right now. He would at least slap the attitude out of half these c****. And just as he was walking out the door he would probably tell Levy he's a bald uncle festa looking **** as well. All in all that's a win!"
- Neil '***' H

My favourite comment so far!
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

My View of Spurs atm

Kane - 50% of the player he has been, sleeping on the corner for our goal
Skipp, Gil, Dier , Winks, Hljberg, Romero , all wouldnt get into our team

Moura would fit nicely into the way we play
Regulon is a great player and wiould get in our squad competing with our full backs

Son is world class would have him any day , he was surrounded by greater quality and effort than he is now

Lloris has obviously won the world cup so must be a good keeper even though his errors are increasing with age

Jury out on Royal, not really an improvement on Aurier who they had.

All in all not a lot to fear from Spurs compared to from when we drew 3-3
honkytonk
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by honkytonk »

I dislike pretty much every other team for one reason or another.

Only ones I have a soft spot for are Dagenham and Redbridge, Lazio and E Frankfurt.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 100 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

The problem for Spurs is they reached the pinnacle under Pochettino which is hard to sustain for a club of their size. Man United are proper pony at the minute but have the stature to be able to pull in someone decent and throw money at it until it works.

I think Tottenham got lucky with Kane (who is now thankfully half the player he was) and Son (Son to an extent as they must have done their due diligence on him), but you cannot see realistically how they would improve on both of these were they to lose either unless they spent a considerable sum of money.

Take both of those out the side and they are bang average.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3171 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I like Benny, and he’s defended well and worked hard lately, but he’s been poor at a lot of things.

Wasteful would be the best word. He has got into dangerous areas or good pockets of space and been poor with pass, cross and shot. His decision making has been erratic too.

On the flip side, I keep writing in my notes during games that he’s nearly good, so I do hope things just click into gear because he’s finding the right spaces and his movement is still there. Unfortunately, the sloppiness is too important to be shielded long term by the good habits.

Fortunately for him, there’s not really anyone knocking at the door to take his place.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2698 likes

Post by sendô »

Denzil wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:23 am I think it's pretty spot on. Ask most who their game they most want to win in the league every season is and they'd say Spurs. Ask Spurs and they'd say Arsenal, followed by Chelsea.
Always Liverpool.

I absolutely detest everything about that club.