CCR4: West Ham Utd 0-0 (5-3 pens) Manchester City (27/10/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd vs Manchester City: match thread

Post by arlhe »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:05 pm I also recall watching us lose one at the Boleyn to Sheffield United when they were in League 1 (?). We had Ravel Morrison and Diego Poyet in the team that day. League Cup I assume.
Not sure how people can forget the Everton shoot out, with Adrian's glove flinging. It was the last season at UP, after all!
Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1161 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Re OV, read 45 pages of blue moon forum last night, and I can agree this just about reflects the general vibes:
With that much talent we should have won.
We controlled the match but couldn’t score.
Our big name Charlie’s just aren’t delivering.
Well done West Ham, hope you go on to win it.

I was pleased to read so many well done Hammers statements. Not many fan forums have that humility, then again they don’t loose much.

Well done manager, coaches, squad and club. Proud of everyone.
👍
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Got to say I was quite surprised at how ungracious some of the City fans were.
They've definitely changed. Getting to be like the arrogant, self entitled Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool types. Sad to see as I've always had a soft spot for City.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Super Scotty Minto on last night's match:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b0tfzn
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Vic_Watson wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:43 pm Super Scotty Minto on last night's match:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b0tfzn

Talked some sense there Scott. Nice to listen to. Singled out Johnson for great praise.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

sendô wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:35 pm The best part of that OV was how they bemoaned us playing tight, defensive football against their "reserve" team that included Walker, Stones, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling and Mahrez - all players that would either walk into our first team or strongly compete for a starting place.

That Blue Moon site should really make their posters all confirm when they started supporting Man City, and vet people using questionaires about their history.
There are some great posters on Bluemoon. Good blokes I’ve shared many pints with through to professionals who’ve advised me from legal stuff through to life advice.

Expectation has been sky high since Sheikh Mansour got involved and the bad loser mentality thusly crept in. I’m nowhere near the Blue I was. Whilst I prefer being good, it’s an added bonus in many ways
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1143 likes

Post by Diogenes »

btajim - mcfc wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:56 pm There are some great posters on Bluemoon. Good blokes I’ve shared many pints with through to professionals who’ve advised me from legal stuff through to life advice.

Expectation has been sky high since Sheikh Mansour got involved and the bad loser mentality thusly crept in. I’m nowhere near the Blue I was. Whilst I prefer being good, it’s an added bonus in many ways
Must be very, very difficult. I hope that we remain honest to our core beliefs if continual success should materialise. I doubt that it would ,and I would miss that the most.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

I get it. We've only been half good for a season or so, and yet I'm suddenly expecting us to get a result every weekend. If we lose to Villa on Sunday, I'll be disappointed...
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by mushy »

Garry wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:39 pm No chance we are winning this we will make changes and so will they but there changes are so superior our 1st team would have trouble beating them
Doomed!
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

sendô wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:51 pm I get it. We've only been half good for a season or so, and yet I'm suddenly expecting us to get a result every weekend. If we lose to Villa on Sunday, I'll be disappointed...
The black cloud hanging over us which is Antonio's dodgy hamstring seems to have unrealistically evaporated....