This is an issue caused by out of date bookmarks and/or your browser/s cache.
In order to fix the problem:
1. Please ensure you log in via https and NOT http. Use this link: https://www.kumb.com/forum/
2. If that doesn't work, clear your browser's cache and delete any cookies relating to KUMB.com.
3. Restart your browser, logging in via https NOT http: https://www.kumb.com/forum/
4. Ensure you update all KUMB bookmarks to point to https, NOT http.
5. This should fix the problem. If you have followed these instructions and it hasn't, please let us know by replying to this thread.
We are aware of a new issue that has emerged for some members relating to logins and being signed out of your account unexpectedly. Please note we are currently investigating this.
I know it's a pain, but we've made changes to the way cookies are set as we continue to try to resolve this issue.
So can you please, once again, clear your browser's cache and restart (as we need to ensure your browser has the correct cookie set). As always, please let me know how it goes.
Yesterdays changes appear to have helped some users but certainly not all, so the hunt continues for a full fix.
With this in mind, I've enlisted the assistance of some phpbb (forum software) experts to help find a solution.
IF you're able to log in, please respond to this question:
Our dev team have made further back end changes and removed ads on log in/register pages, which we suspect may have been causing problems. To check whether this amendment/update is working for you, I'm afraid you will need to clear your browser's cache/s (and cookies) once again and restart it.
Once again, my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
We have created a test forum in order to determine whether the issue are server or forum related, which we're currently putting through its paces.
I'm pleased to learn the latest revision has resolved the issue for many of our members, but we're still looking at providing a full solution as there is still an issue there.
Following further tweaks, I believe the issue has now been resolved. If anyone is still experiencing issues, please ensure you clear you browser's cache and cookies before posting a report.