Solved: 'Invalid' notice/privacy note/login issues

Experiencing technical problems with either KUMB.com or your PC in general? Get help here.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Re: Solved: 'Invalid' notice/privacy note/login issues

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

For information I've noticed the following behaviour, which may or may not be helpful in tracking down the answer.

If I have ticked the 'stay logged in' box at login, I have no trouble getting into the site at any time. If I close my browser (Firefox), reopen it and click my KUMB bookmark I get straight in, every time. I have never had an error message accessing KUMB while the 'stay logged in' box is active.

If, after logging out for whatever reason, I attempt to login either in the same session or a subsequent one, I have the same 'Invalid form submission' problem as reported. Waiting ten minutes and retrying usually works.

This is just my experience, it may help. I hope it does.
Chip Korea

Post by Chip Korea »

test
SullySpecial
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

It seems to happen much more often (for me) when the site is busy.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

I'd say I have approx a 40% success rate of logging in.

It seems to be particularly bad when attempting to log in from my phone.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

I've had trouble posting a couple of times within the last couple of days, but have remained logged in
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

Haven't been able to get in for a good while. Tried on my android phone with chrome and Samsung browser.
(Admit I haven't deleted cookies or cleared browser cache as didn't want to lose certain settings) Neither worked. Had the phone a couple of weeks, I don't believe i've ever tried accessing kumb before using the Samsung browser but it didn't work.
Installed DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser from Play Store and it has worked.

28th June, I tried to log in again today but got the usual Form invalid message. I tried 'burning' down my tracks (which is a feature in duckduckgo), deletes cookies, etc) and tried to login but that didn't work.
I uninstalled DuckDuckGo(play store) and installed again, tried to login and it has worked.
Logged out, logged in fine, several times. Something to note is that I didn't log out last night but it automatically logged me out (after that I couldn't login).
Maybe, whatever it is that kicks us out is not clearing up after itself properly or is unable to. Seems to be client side, doesn't it?

Midway through my kumb session, I deliberately deleted all my cookies. I then revisited the site. The site showed that I wasn't logged in (but I hadn't logged out, I just deleted cookies, etc).
So from that I gather that it is something like a client side cookie that tells kumb whether or not we are logged in.
I then tried to log in but couldn't, tried again and again. (This surprised me). I deleted the cache and data from DuckDuckGo browser but it still didn't work.
This makes me think that there is a cookie that kumb looks for on login that isn't there and it freaks out.
Another thought is that if this is a self expiring cookie then it would happen very regularly to people, depending on how often this cookie expires or gets deleted.

This time I managed to login using an incognito tab in Chrome.

Subsequently (i.e. since logging in again with Chrome), I can also login using DuckDuckGo.

Presumably the back end (webserver) knows that we are logged in regardless of the front end that is presented to us. Is it trying to match some value up and failing because of the inconsistency?

It seems to be easy to recreate. Once you are logged in, delete your cookies and then re-enter the site. You can't get in.
Last edited by duncanio on Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 11 times in total.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Been a real issue since Sunday on PC and Android. None of the provided advice seems to work.

:furrow:
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Back in after a couple of days.
If this wasn't such a comfortable place to be, I wouldn't be bothered. Good luck with fixing the gremlins. :newthumb:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I've found opening a new browser (Firefox) logging in on that, then logging out, then return to your usual browser to log in, works.

For me anyway, might just be a coincidence, or luck.

Worth a try.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

S-H wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:31 am I've found opening a new browser (Firefox) logging in on that, then logging out, then return to your usual browser to log in, works.

For me anyway, might just be a coincidence, or luck.

Worth a try.
Unfortunately that didn't work for me (Chrome in place of Edge).
Just got in today having tried a number of times this morning without success (as UtJ is keeping a note).
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

I was out most of yesterday morning on my chrome browser. Was trying to login probably from about 9.30-10am, and then didn't try again until the afternoon when it worked.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Site is almost read only. Just managed to get on, first time today. I hope the techies find the tribbles soon.

Tried on phone first thing, a few times on PC. Just got on at lunch on iPhone via Brave.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

stu1 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:37 pm I'd say I have approx a 40% success rate of logging in.

It seems to be particularly bad when attempting to log in from my phone.
I get thrown out of the site on my phone soooo often! Usually after trying to post. So frustrating.

Laptop is better, but had lots of issues logging in of late. Ok today so far (obviously)
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1223 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

I'm convinced it's related to trying to use the forum outside of my home WiFi area. I have almost zero problem whilst indoors on any device. As soon as I view KUMB on my phone outside of my WiFi area, using my mobile data, that's when problems seem to arise. I have to remember to exit KUMB and then close my browser on my phone altogether before leaving the house with it. Yesterday I went to the in-laws' house, opened my phone and found to my dismay that I'd left KUMB open. Lo and behold, found myself locked out of the site (to some degree) for the next three hours.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Lost contact for the past couple of days, surprised to find I could get on now.

It’s often intermittent then total shut down. I wouldn’t mind, but SH seems to be omnipresent.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Tried to post at 5.10 this evening, but got invalid notice, but been logged in constantly.
Tried to save the failed post as a draft, but it didn't save
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

When mine locks out out, I leave it until the next day and it usually seems to be fine again. Also if I use a different computer/phone, that sometimes works. Could be IP issue. I am running a few tests with a VPN to verify.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Hamburger wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:09 am. Could be IP issue. I am running a few tests with a VPN to verify.
Done extensive tests with (two) VPNs. I cannot see any pattern.
Pete647580
Has liked: 1203 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Just managed to log in for the first time in 3 or 4 days.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Doc H Ball wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:42 pm Lost contact for the past couple of days, surprised to find I could get on now.

It’s often intermittent then total shut down. I wouldn’t mind, but SH seems to be omnipresent.