January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2569 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by Burnley Hammer »

S-H wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:38 am No idea if this geezer is credible or not..
steveyrockstar has assured me that these guys are the real deal when it comes to being ITK
Hamsta
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by Hamsta »

Chairman - Talks about intentions
Fans - "FFS shut up!

Chairman - Stays Quiet
Fans - "FFS say something"

:crylol:

:hamm:
Benaloon
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Benaloon »

Not really sure what people were expecting with regards to Kretinsky throwing around cash. He did that article just after the sale went through basically confirming that part of the reason he invested was because he likes the way we spend 10p on players and then Moyes make them work. We were never going to be throwing newcastle money around.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1408 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

paulhs1 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:40 am Broja is on a one year loan deal with Southampton.
For him to be sold to us, Chelsea would have to void that contract then agree a price with us.

I'm not sure thats even possible.
Unless they can recall him, right?

I still don't think he's the one for us.

The whole 'players out of contract in the summer' thing is very interesting this season, not least because there are a lot of high profile players we've been linked with in the past that are looking towards the end of their contracts. Lingard, obviously, but also Kessie and Romagnoli from AC Milan, Tarkowski from Burnley, Belotti at Torino, Zakaria at Gladbach, Kamara at Marseille, Origi at Liverpool, Stark at Hertha...if we are attractive come the tail end of the season, through European qualification or otherwise, a lot of these will be on the table for us and relatively cheap.

There's names there that would absolutely meet our needs. Maybe we can't prise them away right now, but someone like Romagnoli would improve us enormously at centre back, over and above Ogbonna. Zakaria or Kamara would be ambitious central midfield targets with age on their side and, in my opinion, a step up on Soucek. Belotti would lead the line for us extremely well.

The only issue, of course, is that if these players are available for 'only' a signing fee, we won't be the only team interested, and possibly won't be the most attractive option either.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1830 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

You're right, it's completely unreasonable for supporters to expect us to sign the players the squad clearly, desperately needs and when we do sign them for them to turn out to be not sh*t!

What an unrealistic, demanding lot we are :lol:
Bubbles the monkey
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Bubbles the monkey »

Benaloon wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:55 am Not really sure what people were expecting with regards to Kretinsky throwing around cash. He did that article just after the sale went through basically confirming that part of the reason he invested was because he likes the way we spend 10p on players and then Moyes make them work. We were never going to be throwing newcastle money around.
From one tight arse to the next, must be a prerequisite to be a West Ham owner.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1830 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Hamsta wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:53 am Chairman - Talks about intentions
Fans - "FFS shut up!

Chairman - Stays Quiet

I may be wrong but I've not seen one poster asking for Sullivan to tell us about transfers :eh:
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 970 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Hamsta wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:53 am Chairman - Talks about intentions
Fans - "FFS shut up!

Chairman - Stays Quiet

I don’t want the ****ers to be in the press 24/7 like they was, but there would usually be something around the Within the press that something is close or working on something. There is nothing from any credible ITK, don’t care how well moyes tries to stop leaks that isn’t a good sign.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:58 am I don’t want the ****ers to be in the press 24/7 like they was, but there would usually be something around the Within the press that something is close or working on something. There is nothing from any credible ITK, don’t care how well moyes tries to stop leaks that isn’t a good sign.
I think there are some elements of truth in some of the links.

But there is so much noise and made up nonsense that the truth disappears like a fart in the wind.
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

"work from home" reminds me a bit of the school holidays!
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3177 likes
Total likes: 2316 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:58 am I don’t want the ****ers to be in the press 24/7 like they was, but there would usually be something around the Within the press that something is close or working on something. There is nothing from any credible ITK, don’t care how well moyes tries to stop leaks that isn’t a good sign.
Exactly. Last summer we had a pretty good idea of what was happening with signing a CB, from Zouma to Milenkovic and back again, even if the rumours often take a few days to come through and/or appear contradictory at times.

Moyes may run a tight ship, but there are too many other participants involved in an actual transfer that's happening for rumours not to leak out 90% of the time.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

El brooko79 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:01 am I think there are some elements of truth in some of the links.

But there is so much noise and made up nonsense that the truth disappears like a fart in the wind.

BBC Sport links us and Palace with Dieng at £8m quid
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Taking into account that players like Tarkowski, Lingard and others are available relatively cheap in the summer, I saw this window as an opportunity to fill the void that's coming fairly soon and by doing so kicking us on for the reminder of the season.

Centre back
left back
Forward
Central midfielder

All of these positions need addressing. Even spending some of this summers budget now makes sense.

Kretinsky should loan money to the club even if on a short term basis if it pushes us on and helps to address the positions that we need players for.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Sloop John B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:51 am JUST GET IT DONE
SULLY JUST PAY THE MONEY FFS
WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR

Finally sign player who goes on to have an average Debut

WASTE OF MONEY
NOT PREM QUALITY
SEE NEWMAN IS DOING A GOOD JOB THEN
FFS DITHERING DAVE

absolutely nailed on.
NO POINT SIGNING SOMEONE FOR THE SAKE OF IT
PLAYERS MOYES WANTS AREN'T AVAILABLE THIS WINDOW
RATHER WAIT UNTIL SUMMER FOR THE RIGHT PLAYER

Antonio gets crocked first game after window and Dawson boots the ball into his own net

NO AMBITION
CAN'T BELIEVE WE HAVE NO STRIKER IN THE SQUAD
SEE RICE IS OFF THEN
FFS WE ARE NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Oh dear.

I'm out of here..
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2569 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:04 am BBC Sport links us and Palace with Dieng at £8m quid
He's apparently potentially available on a loan to buy too. I like the look of him.

I have to say I'm not particularly convinced with either Brereton or Broja if thats what its now come to. I think I'd rather go for a loan and then go for our proper targets in the summer (assuming of course that we did have other targets that just weren't available this window). We could still go for Broja then if he continues to do well.

If I really had to choose between them.... it's a tough one. I'm not sure. I think I'd be dithering just as much as Moyes if I was in that situation. Maybe Brereton?
Last edited by Burnley Hammer on Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

S-H wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:08 am Oh dear.

I'm out of here..
Good honest debate doesn't hurt anyone S-H.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

S-H wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:08 am Oh dear.

I'm out of here..
You could always just changed your name to S-H2 but you’d just sound like a ***** train line so that might not work.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 1301 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:11 am I have to say I'm not particularly convinced with either Brereton or Broja if thats what its now come to. I think I'd rather go for a loan and then go for our proper targets (assuming of course that we did have other targets that just weren't available this window). We could still go for Broja then if he continues to do well.

If I really had to choose between them.... it's a tough one. I'm not sure. I think I'd be dithering just as much as Moyes if I was in that situation. Maybe Brereton?
I'd be amazed that our new and improved scouting network had narrowed our search down to a guy making a good impression at Southampton vs a guy who is in good form in the Championship.

Extensive searching has taken place there.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1673 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

At this point i'll be shocked if we signed anyone. Can't see it at all.