January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by paulhs1 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Persil Tickets
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Persil Tickets »

Loan system to be reviewed. In my opinion it should be limited to two but at least a start if it gets passed. Infuriates me how many players Chelsea have out on loan.

https://talksport.com/football/1024708/
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 205 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Any news on that fit bird's brother signing?

Regarding Hull selling Bowen, I think they were around midtable so didn't forsee any chance to go up or down. So they sold Bowen to us and their form declined alarmingly from then onwards.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

I don't know Turtle from Adam. I have, however, not really been on the site for a couple of weeks, and the amount of vitriol against the bloke is quite disturbing, and is becoming tantamount to on-line bullying. It's easy to miss just how it's escalated when you read it on a daily basis, but when you're not on here for a couple of weeks, and you come back and see it's a free-for-all on a poster, it's actually quite disturbing. Whether he is a troll, whether he is a Spurs Fan (of which no credible evidence has been produced), there's still a person behind that persona.

I have no vested interest in whomever Turtle is, and occasionally, I've even found myself nodding at some of his opinions, even if I don't agree with them all.

But, like everybody else on this forum, whether we agree with opinions or not, the constant accusations of trolling, being a Spurs Fan and other b*llocks being thrown at him, doesn't reflect too good on those doing it in my humble opinion, because if he is a hoax, which personally, I very much doubt because it would be a massively elaborate one if it is, I give him his dues for keeping it up for so long.

It's all looking a bit wanky, and nobody is covering themselves in glory.
weymouth hammer
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by weymouth hammer »

Whats happened to Rob Newman? is he still on garedening leave< he wants to get those splinters out of his ar$e.
HammerJammer
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by HammerJammer »

-DL- wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:46 pm I don't know Turtle from Adam. I have, however, not really been on the site for a couple of weeks, and the amount of vitriol against the bloke is quite disturbing, and is becoming tantamount to on-line bullying. It's easy to miss just how it's escalated when you read it on a daily basis, but when you're not on here for a couple of weeks, and you come back and see it's a free-for-all on a poster, it's actually quite disturbing. Whether he is a troll, whether he is a Spurs Fan (of which no credible evidence has been produced), there's still a person behind that persona.

I have no vested interest in whomever Turtle is, and occasionally, I've even found myself nodding at some of his opinions, even if I don't agree with them all.

But, like everybody else on this forum, whether we agree with opinions or not, the constant accusations of trolling, being a Spurs Fan and other b*llocks being thrown at him, doesn't reflect too good on those doing it in my humble opinion, because if he is a hoax, which personally, I very much doubt because it would be a massively elaborate one if it is, I give him his dues for keeping it up for so long.

It's all looking a bit wanky, and nobody is covering themselves in glory.
You are writing about a tosser who has been repeatedly banned from Hammers Chat (and previously from Hammersmad) for personally abusing contributors and their family members.
It is well established that she is a Spud on a wind up.
One of the most obvious rules of a supporter site is that contributors should be supporters.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The plot thickens.

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:57 pm The plot thickens.
Spurs, surely?

They are currently playing Davies (a LB) in a back three.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

S-H wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:40 pm Weren't Hull in a relegation battle when we signed Bowen?

Should they have not kept him to see if they could stay up?

Sometimes money does talk, especially to football league clubs, who struggle to stay afloat.
Didn't they get relegated after their form fell off a cliff once they sold Bowen?

A good example of why selling your best player mid-season when you are in a relegation scrap (or even think you aren't) or chasing promotion doesn't make sense.

If Hull had financial issues then that changes the situation, as far as I'm aware Blackburn do not. The benefits of being promoted to the prem compared to being relegated from the Championship are also widely different, no offer we make will compare to the riches of promotion.
hammers92 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:38 pm The way I read it, was that he's out of contract this summer. Might have got that wrong though.
Other have since covered this, but Blackburn have an option to extend a further year so no need to cash in now.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

HammerJammer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:54 pm You are writing about a tosser who has been repeatedly banned from Hammers Chat (and previously from Hammersmad) for personally abusing contributors and their family members.
It is well established that she is a Spud on a wind up.
One of the most obvious rules of a supporter site is that contributors should be supporters.
Yet there's been none of that here. Meanwhile, it's free rein to call the poster a tosser and make accusations without a shred of evidence. In fact, I'm sure if anything untoward was going on here, the mods would have dealt with it pretty sharpish - but from what I've seen, all the abuse is going one direction, and it's not from the poster in question.

The thing that's surprised me, is that it's been allowed to continue.

I've got no vested interest in the poster at all, but as a user of the site for a number of years, and as an ex-moderator, I find what's being directed towards this poster quite uncomfortable, despite what my own feelings on his content may be.

One of the main rules of THIS supporters site is that posters are treated with respect no matter what their opinions are, and thus far, it's not happening towards this poster in question.

I realise I may be a lone voice in this, but bullying is not acceptable, no matter who it is, nor what their opinions are.
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Chavs »

Yeah, but, the geezer clearly is a whelk innit.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Turtle is trolling mate and it's not subtle, it's blatant, like glaringly obvious.
He/she hasn't been rude though, i'll give them that :thup:
The Straw
Has liked: 595 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by The Straw »

At what cost though? I reckon some posters will lost interest in the forum element of this website on the back of it. I know I have been wondering if it's worth trawling through all the blatant trolling and negativity.
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 269 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

-DL- wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:06 pm As I'm no longer a mod, I am in the fortunate position that I am now able to use the foe button. Sadly, it renders it completely useless when other quote other posters that spout utter b*llocks, so I still end up seeing it.

See it as thus. If you stop throwing bread to the pigeons, they soon **** off and go elsewhere.
Who were you referring to when you made this statement? Anyway, this is all off topic.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

S-H wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:59 pm Spurs, surely?

They are currently playing Davies (a LB) in a back three.
We're known to be in the market for a CB too though, so it's probably just as likely to be us or Spurs
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

You all have foe buttons if you find them that much of a problem. If you really think someone is a troll, I have no idea why you would show visceral reactions. And reports.

DL is right, and it would be a help if people could rein it in. Mainly cos I am on this thread the most so would then have to clean up, and I'm lazy.
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

There's an easy solution to the Turtle problem. The "add foe" function. It's brilliant. Except when other posters keep referring to the nonsense he/she keeps posting.

Edit: Wilko was faster than me.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Up the Junction wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:57 pm The plot thickens.
Chelsea maybe? They have 2 centre halves out of contract in the summer.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Back on topic, please. (Edit - beaten by Wilko!)