January 2022 Transfer Window

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Re: January 2022 Transfer Window

Post by ashbanki »

Ooh someone is not happy with Moyes popularity and wants us to believe that Moyes thinks there is not one CB out there that is better than a weary Dawson and hapless Diop and in two years of looking there is not one striker better than a knackered Antonio!
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Lovejoy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:38 pm So that’s a Right Back or Attacking midfielder then.
Attacking midfielders are not required but right back? If a decent one becomes available I'd think of upgrading. Successful teams don't settle and continually upgrade players.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

steveyrockstar wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:23 pm Sorry to be controversial guys, but...

...am I not the only one who thinks Schick's sister is a bit too much on the skinny side?
Nope, I’m with you.

Absolutely nothing like Antonio.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Lingard could fit that description

I find it hard to beleive they can't find Moyes a player better than Yarmenlenko, seriously that's taking the mick!
kentishiron
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by kentishiron »

We definitely do need an attacking midfielder when our current attacking midfield options off the bench are Masuaku and Yarmolenko…

Right back on the other hand is probably the only position we don’t need anyone.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Turtlecharityracer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:40 pm Attacking midfielders are not required but right back? If a decent one becomes available I'd think of upgrading. Successful teams don't settle and continually upgrade players.
Yeah don’t get me wrong Coufal has worried me this season and I’m not completely sold on Johnson but I definitely wouldn’t look at spending decent wedge on a Right Back. Personally think we should move Fredricks on and get a Left back. Stupid having 3 Right backs and 1 left back.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

kentishiron wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:48 pm We definitely do need an attacking midfielder when our current attacking midfield options off the bench are Masuaku and Yarmolenko…

Right back on the other hand is probably the only position we don’t need anyone.
Agreed. Don’t think we need a keeper either - we have the best GK double in the league, IMO.
kentishiron

Post by kentishiron »

HammerAl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:51 pm Agreed. Don’t think we need a keeper either - we have the best GK double in the league, IMO.
Agree with that also.
Lovejoy

Post by Lovejoy »

But singing Vlasic was seen as Lingards replacement
. I get another option stops Yarmolenko coming on but then so does a CF cos we keep moving Bowen up top every time Yarmolenko comes on. A new forward stops that, a new wingers should be in front of an AM imo.
kentishiron

Post by kentishiron »

Lovejoy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:55 pm But singing Vlasic was seen as Lingards replacement
. I get another option stops Yarmolenko coming on but then so does a CF cos we keep moving Bowen up top every time Yarmolenko comes on. A new forward stops that, a new wingers should be in front of an AM imo.
Surely you would class wingers as attacking mids no? Benrahma, Fornals, and Vlasic are all attacking mids who play on the wings.

Whatever you wanna call it, an attacking mid/winger along with a centre back and forward are absolutely necessary
WestcliffHammer
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by WestcliffHammer »

I detect all is not well going by that Claref & Hugh piece sounds like Moyes has put the block on when dross no doubt served up by Sullivans mates.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

@alex_crook
· 12m
#NUFC offer for Lingard revealed by @samuelluckhurst is intriguing. He'd rather go back to #WHUFC but #MUFC cannot contemplate strengthening a top 4 rival. Surely better to go out and play rather than sit rotting? West Ham and Spurs interest will still be there in the summer.
Not sure why they would want to help Newcastle and their backers stay up either.

If they emulate Man City and Chelsea they'll soon go past Man Utd and stay there.
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

El brooko79 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:31 pm She went around telling everyone they were her idea.
Lying *****
So that’s where C&H got the idea.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

WestcliffHammer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:04 pm I detect all is not well going by that Claref & Hugh piece sounds like Moyes has put the block on when dross no doubt served up by Sullivans mates.
That’s how I interpreted it, they probably won’t stump up the money for who moyes really wants this month, and have offered worse alternatives which moyes won’t take so they’re trying to put pressure on him through their mouthpiece. Plus the “big money player” quote chucked in to keep fans on side
Lovejoy

Post by Lovejoy »

kentishiron wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:58 pm Surely you would class wingers as attacking mids no? Benrahma, Fornals, and Vlasic are all attacking mids who play on the wings.

Whatever you wanna call it, an attacking mid/winger along with a centre back and forward are absolutely necessary
Personally no, a winger like Bowen I mean. Vlasic obviously is uncomfortable out wide, him, Benrahma, Fornals and probably Lanzini all prefer playing central of the front man. If we signed Lingard he is another who fits in that bracket (granted he is probably better than the lot we have). Another forward maybe allows Antonio to play wide when needed.

I wouldn’t mind Burnley going down so we could try and get McNeil in the summer.
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

The Benrahma haters have gone quiet!
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:24 pm Not sure why they would want to help Newcastle and their backers stay up either.

If they emulate Man City and Chelsea they'll soon go past Man Utd and stay there.
They could certainly benefit from delaying it at least a year perhaps longer as these things tend to work out. But then since when have Mancs had any vision beyond 6 months or so, short-termism should be their shirt sponsor.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

If money is tight then just get two players in . CF and CB
Surely we have some money to spend ?
I won't list them here but there are players out there that we could take now .
Failure to invest sees us fade away just like our dreams
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3203 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

HammerAl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:38 pm Not in a position we need? I can only really think of GK and RB where we’re pretty well stocked.
Carvalho at Fulham - winger/AM - would fit the brief for me. Also one of the few players in the Championship promotion race where there are good reasons the club involved might see a reason to sell (contract expiring and Fulham not exactly struggling to score goals at the moment).
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Lovejoy wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:33 pm Personally no, a winger like Bowen I mean. Vlasic obviously is uncomfortable out wide, him, Benrahma, Fornals and probably Lanzini all prefer playing central of the front man. If we signed Lingard he is another who fits in that bracket (granted he is probably better than the lot we have). Another forward maybe allows Antonio to play wide when needed.

I wouldn’t mind Burnley going down so we could try and get McNeil in the summer.
Benrahma prefers playing wide. He’s an inverted winger like Bowen.