West Ham Utd 3-2 Liverpool (06/11/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: match thread

Post by WCpete »

Here's Jota's elbow on Oggy, if anyone feels the need to prove it happened to doubters. Keep in mind that Jota watched Oggy and not the ball, and made his jump after Angelo cleared the ball.

Another thing I noticed watching the clip of the incident, Henderson sort of spitefully chucks the ball at Oggy accusing him of ****ing. He gives an "oh ****, sorry" when he sees his face, but this nevertheless shows the man's character.

OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Portland Hammer wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:45 pm A lot of talk about Klopp, L'pool, pundits etc. Who cares? Why do people get so bothered by what MOTD say, or some random ex-footballer?
I think the point is that certain players and clubs aren't properly represented concerning 'controversial' incidents.

Coufal knee'd in the balls (Nemanja) Soucek stamped on (Rondon) ,Oggy yesterday. Not a murmur in the media never mind the forensic analysis when one of 'the elite' clubs/players get 'tackled' . Didn't Van Dyke 'clothesline' Antonio too, not shown on replay
If it's almost a matter of national importance when Henderson gets fouled I think it should be the same for everyone else and I for one would just like a little balance in reporting these matters.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

WCpete wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:19 pm
He nailed Oggy with point of his elbow, I've had that before, and you may as well have been hit with a hammer, it's a blunt object, it's assault.

What with the forearm smash on Fornals against Villa, last week, and now this Jota elbow on Oggy, one thing is becoming quite clear, there's an awful lot of cowards playing in the Premier League, and they continue to go unpunished.
Last edited by S-H on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Dawson will leave something on Jota next time we play these tarts.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

S-H wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:26 pm.
You're full of it tonight aren't you?
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

WCpete wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:19 pm Here's Jota's elbow on Oggy, if anyone feels the need to prove it happened to doubters. Keep in mind that Jota watched Oggy and not the ball, and made his jump after Angelo cleared the ball.

Another thing I noticed watching the clip of the incident, Henderson sort of spitefully chucks the ball at Oggy accusing him of ****ing. He gives an "oh ****, sorry" when he sees his face, but this nevertheless shows the man's character.

The problem here is that Liverpool cheat. We may dislike Spurs, Millwall etc. but (and it is beyond doubt) Liverpool cheat. From their Manager, players, supporters they all cheat.
Look at Klopp's comments (where with no sense of irony or humility outright states Referee bias for us and fouls we committed) and the OV (where they overtly suggest that one of their players should have chopped Fornals down rather than concede). I'm sure that they are the most despised team in the League. Klopp plays to his home audience (notice all the praise in the OV) that in turn manipulates the view of their supporters. Personally I despise them, even more than Spurs. Cheats.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:27 pm Sergio Ramos showed the best way of dealing with Salah!
Did he f*** him up the arse?
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

WCpete wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:19 pm
Another thing I noticed watching the clip of the incident, Henderson sort of spitefully chucks the ball at Oggy accusing him of ****ing. He gives an "oh ****, sorry" when he sees his face, but this nevertheless shows the man's character
Said it earlier on this thread...Fabinho committed a foul just past the edge of our box to prevent a breakaway and Henderson went over patted him on the back and congratulated him like he'd cleared one off the line. I thought you utter prick.

Henderson made himself look a proper mug there with Oggy. Perhaps he ought to start calling Salah names etc for the way he constantly cheats...
Last edited by smuts on Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xabbu
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Xabbu »

simonpaulthomas wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:23 pm Dawson will leave something on Jota next time we play these tarts.
And no doubt get sent off
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Touch-wise Antonio had an off day. If he hadn’t it could have been very embarrassing for Van Dyke because physically he was second best.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

I reckon that Jota's assault on Oggi (and let's be honest that's what is was), was his/Liverpool's way of getting him back for what they considered a foul on Becker. Also explains why Henderson gives him a pat and then has a digs Oggi out for play acting.

I don't usually condone revenge, but in this instance, I hope one of ours cleverly leaves something on Jota when we next meet.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

WCpete wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:19 pm Another thing I noticed watching the clip of the incident, Henderson sort of spitefully chucks the ball at Oggy accusing him of ****ing. He gives an "oh ****, sorry" when he sees his face, but this nevertheless shows the man's character.
His character is probably more summed up by the charitable fund he set up for the nhs during covid. I know in football it’s easy to think every opposing player is a ****, but Henderson clearly is not.

He obviously made a mistake and thought Ogbonna was ****ing it (hardly an unusual event on a football pitch these days), as soon as he realised his error he looks pretty set on apologising despite being told to go away.
stu1

Post by stu1 »

Morocco Mole wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:47 pm Touch-wise Antonio had an off day. If he hadn’t it could have been very embarrassing for Van Dyke because physically he was second best.
Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion to be honest. Physically I’ve not seen a CB manage Antonio as well as VVD did with relative ease.

If you said, VVD was lucky Antonio’s touch was off so it gave him a chance to cover Trent being wildly out of position then fair enough.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Won both corners and done him on another couple of occasions but fell over his own feet. Wasn’t at his best but still impacted the game massively. VVD won’t have a tougher opponent all season.
stu1

Post by stu1 »

Morocco Mole wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:21 pm Won both corners and done him on another couple of occasions but fell over his own feet. Wasn’t at his best but still impacted the game massively. VVD won’t have a tougher opponent all season.
Yep won two corners where he couldn’t get past VVD one on one, that is clutching at straws if that’s considered a loss for VVD.

No doubt Antonio impacted the game and he kept VVD honest which better than most strikers, but not once did he manage to skin VVD so let’s not be revisionary.

Antonio also certainly didn’t bully him physically, name one example of that happening? No other defender in the league gets back and forces Antonio to have to make do with a corner for our third. If anything that exchange showed VVD physically dominating Antonio, as he was through initially.

The claret and blue specs seem to be at play as I’m a massive Antonio fan, (just look at his thread where more than once I’ve passionately argued about how he’s a top striker now) but there’s no chance in the direct one on ones he got the better of VVD Sunday, same goes for Bowen.
Last edited by stu1 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

stu1 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:12 pm His character is probably more summed up by the charitable fund he set up for the nhs during covid. I know in football it’s easy to think every opposing player is a ****, but Henderson clearly is not.

He obviously made a mistake and thought Ogbonna was ****ing it (hardly an unusual event on a football pitch these days), as soon as he realised his error he looks pretty set on apologising despite being told to go away.
Contextually I'm talking about the on the pitch 'he plays for the enemy character of the man', not the off the pitch character of the man. Good on him for giving back. On the pitch he's a *choose your own expletive*.
QLDHammer
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by QLDHammer »

stu1 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:12 pm
****ing it is common practice especially when Liverpool are involved. Imagine watching Liverpool vs Villa! :nonpl:
StokeIrons
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by StokeIrons »

If it wasn't for VD, Liverpool would've been thinking "We're a gonner here"
stu1

Post by stu1 »

WCpete wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:42 pm Contextually I'm talking about the on the pitch 'he plays for the enemy character of the man', not the off the pitch character of the man. Good on him for giving back. On the pitch he's a *choose your own expletive*.
Fair enough.

I'd still say that a (insert on expletive) doesn't bother to recognise their error and just turns around without apologising, but his initial reaction was out of order that's certainly true.