Darts

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Darts

Post by Robbie »

Been watching the Grand slam of darts this week and the standard is unreal. Fallon Sherrock is currently in the quater finals and giving Peter Wright a game, although I think he will just have too much.
She however is a proper quality player and should be in more televised darts. The fellas take her seriously now and rightly so. She's not out of her depth at all.
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Re: Darts

Post by r99c »

With sports involving any kind of physicality, the difference in male and female competition is obvious.

I have literally never understood why sports such as darts & snooker would have a difference, so all this talk of men taking her seriously etc just baffles me. It'll be more down to the fact that of literally everyone playing darts, 80%+ (guess) will be male, and so naturally the majority of the upper echelons of the game will also be men - but zero reason why a good woman wouldn't be able to compete.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

It’s seriously telling now she’s been playing against better quality opposition her game his improved no end. Very talented and improving all the time. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if she made a long run in the worlds, getting to the quarters. If the draw opens up, anything is possible
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

r99c wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:16 pm With sports involving any kind of physicality, the difference in male and female competition is obvious.

I have literally never understood why sports such as darts & snooker would have a difference, so all this talk of men taking her seriously etc just baffles me. It'll be more down to the fact that of literally everyone playing darts, 80%+ (guess) will be male, and so naturally the majority of the upper echelons of the game will also be men - but zero reason why a good woman wouldn't be able to compete.
It's never happened like this before in darts. The odd female appearance in the past was looked at as cannon fodder. Just look at Fallon's opponents, they don't feel easy. They get beaten. They need to be on the top of their game. I feel that its refreshingly interesting that men do take her seriously
and I'm not sure what is baffling about that considering the past and the recent glass ceiling affect.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Has anyone been watching the World's?
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 924 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Started watching it yesterday - not a huge arrows fan but some good matches. I’d be surprised if mast if the audience actually watched any darts - it seemed to be all about drinking by and chanting. Good to hear the ‘T***ham get battered’ song ….
jastons

Post by jastons »

Yeah I heard that song as well. When Van Barneveld was walking on, someone held up a 'I love Declan Rice' sign.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Great match between Price and Kim Huybrechts.

I don't like some of the antics of Price, but I thought the crowd were a little out of order last night.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:35 am Great match between Price and Kim Huybrechts.

I don't like some of the antics of Price, but I thought the crowd were a little out of order last night.
Yeah they were and it'll likely get worse the further into the tournament we go

Plenty of people saying he only won the title as there weren't any crowds.

Looks as likely as anyone to win it at the moment though Clayton is going to take some beating
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Crowd as annoying as ever
Laura Woods as fit as ever

Shame MVG had to withdraw as now Price or Peter Wright will win qnd both are utter helmets
jastons

Post by jastons »

Dave Chisnall has tested positive as well now. I used to like Peter Wright but I've gone off him now. Really hoping Gary Anderson can roll back the years and beat Price.
Polaroid
Has liked: 612 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

Callan Ridz has been sensational so far. 3 games in and not a single set dropped.
Great to watch with his pace too.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

About time.....

jastons

Post by jastons »

Are they going to remove half of the crowd?
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Gone are the days when people were there to actually watch the darts. The move to the Ally Pally, the premier leagues creation has made darts a differed entity. It’s now about how much you can stick down your throat or up your hooter, while dressed as a banana.

It’s hard to see past Price, but Clayton is in top form
jastons

Post by jastons »

What a game! The best I have ever seen Smith play. He beats Price on that form.

A really good day.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Some fantastic darts the last 2 days. The Smith v Clayton match yesterday was sensational.
Rydz looks very dangerous. I'm wanting Ryan Searle to beat Peter Wright later.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

I spent years wanting to go to the darts but never did it. I couldn't do it now. I think it would piss me off immensely with all the helmets there.
I'm getting old. :smiler:
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Robbie wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:04 pm I spent years wanting to go to the darts but never did it. I couldn't do it now. I think it would piss me off immensely with all the helmets there.
I'm getting old. :smiler:
That Kolo/Yaya chant has come back, that alone would piss me off enough to not go
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

JerseyHammer wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:54 pm That Kolo/Yaya chant has come back, that alone would piss me off enough to not go
Its total cringe.
I am a hypocrite in that in years gone by I would have been there doing the same thing probably after a load of beer, but nowadays I would give up a free to watch and enjoy from my sofa.