The Physical Health Thread

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Re: The Physical Health Thread

Post by WHU Independent »

It was a nice day here today, so I thought I'd so a bit of gardening. Easy stuff first - picking up dead plants, get rid of some weeds, get rid of the leaves etc. I did an hour and I had to come in and have a lie down for an hour. it put my schedule right off, and meant i trained late and eat late. Now I'm up and wide awake. Must start gardening earlier tomorrow!
Polaroid
Has liked: 613 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Polaroid »

Tenbury wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:42 pm Tomorrow they begin....
Get it sorted whatever's needed Tenners.
It'll be worth it.
The Winter is all but done.
Just hang in there for a while mate, the sunshine is coming.
Then we can moan about the heat :wink:
Tenbury
Has liked: 722 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Maybe.

[ I'm with you on the 'sun' thing, there's 4 or five places I know that on the right spring day, it's guaranteed to catch the back of my neck.... love it!!]
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Tenbury wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:42 pm Tomorrow they begin to have an in depth delve into my heart probs.
Best of luck with this Tenners.
Tenbury
Has liked: 722 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Thanks everyone, last time I saw this many wires they were hanging out of a Wem Amp.
hammer etc
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by hammer etc »

Hope all goes well Tenbury. Unfortunately it's all part of being at the $h!t end of life
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Stick with it Tenners what ever they recommend get it done mate.

They won't work on a better :heart: than yours.
mushy
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 845 likes

Post by mushy »

Well said ageing and good luck Tenners.
Hang in there old boy.
Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Cottee »

Anyone use ice therapy? Been seeing more and more about it recently and how a dunk first thing each morning is supposed to have great benefits physically and mentally. Tempted to buy one of those inflatable pods you can get for about £80.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Cottee wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:04 pm Anyone use ice therapy? Been seeing more and more about it recently and how a dunk first thing each morning is supposed to have great benefits physically and mentally. Tempted to buy one of those inflatable pods you can get for about £80.
I've heard that an ice pack at the back of the neck has similar beneficial effects to a full ice bath.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

My wife has now got norovirus, which means now that everyone in the family has had it.

Arnold Layne
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

Cottee wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:04 pm Anyone use ice therapy? Been seeing more and more about it recently and how a dunk first thing each morning is supposed to have great benefits physically and mentally. Tempted to buy one of those inflatable pods you can get for about £80.
I put my shower on it’s coldest for a final cold rinse, livens you right up.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

EvilC wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:25 am My wife has now got norovirus, which means now that everyone in the family has had it.
I was the last in my house and about a a fifth of the kids school seems to be off at the moment. I spent most of Saturday morning between 2am and 10am spraying top and bottom in an absolute world of mess and then slept until Monday morning. Missing the train journey to the villa game was probably the only positive if I'm honest.

I'm definitely on the mend, albeit with a few stomach cramps here and there. Looking forward to doing some meaningful exercise this weekend.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

PF. wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:04 pm I was the last in my house and about a a fifth of the kids school seems to be off at the moment. I spent most of Saturday morning between 2am and 10am spraying top and bottom in an absolute world of mess and then slept until Monday morning. Missing the train journey to the villa game was probably the only positive if I'm honest.

I'm definitely on the mend, albeit with a few stomach cramps here and there. Looking forward to doing some meaningful exercise this weekend.
The kids haven't been too bad (12 hours of puking, then some reduced appetite) but this has completely screwed me and my wife.

Friday was mainly violent puking and aggressive ****ting, which very quickly got down to bile. Saturday - mostly headaches, muscle pain and being unable to face the thought of paracetamol in case I puked it up. Sunday was sort of similar. Monday - ate a bit, had a brain fog (similar to the COVID one) - supposedly can happen due to gut bacteria being messed up. Went to work yesterday, was largely exhausted - managed to eat a full meal, which wiped me out for the afternoon.

I'm still recovering, this is my sixth day without coffee.

In summary, don't get this, it's really nasty.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Couple of weekends ago I went in to my 1 year old's bedroom to get him up, his bed was full of sick.

Little trooper had chundered across his entire bed, and then soothed himself back to sleep and slept in it for what must have been more than half the night. What a champ.

Anyway, 24 hours later me and my wife were up all night. We have 2 upstairs toilets, one of which was designated for spew, one for anal evacuation. Mercifully I was OK by morning but she carried on till that evening. She is 3 months pregnant so understandable really.

Sounds similar to what you guys had. Not any lasting damage but deeply unpleasant at the time. Never known retching like it.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

fjthegrey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:54 pmWe have 2 upstairs toilets, one of which was designated for spew, one for anal evacuation.
This wasn't practical for me - I have the two upstairs toilets but needed a bucket as it was two exits, no waiting.

I had something similar during the late 90's/early noughties. My flatmate had eaten a Thai curry, and later puked so hard that it came out of his tear duct, causing the chili to burn his eye. Then had had a violent **** followed immediately by projectile puke, which he just managed to get into the bog but did result in what he now calls a "shitty splashback".
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Ah yeah, we did discuss the two ended evacuation. Logic in the moment won out when we designated the toilet with the bath next to it as the shithouse. Therefore when one felt they were due for the double, the bath was right next to them as a potential receptacle.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Covid finally got me on Friday night..
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

Samba wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 pm Covid finally got me on Friday night..
How are you feeling now?
Jonah
Has liked: 635 likes
Total likes: 537 likes

Post by Jonah »

fjthegrey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:54 pm Therefore when one felt they were due for the double, the bath was right next to them as a potential receptacle.
We come back with a bug from Amsterdam a couple of weeks back and it's times like above I wish we'd put a bath in when we re-modeled the bathroom - rather than trying to go all lah-de-dah with walk in double shower. Mrs J had to do the old squit sprint challenge between toilet and shower or sink a number of times. I would have just sat in there and dealt with the consequences. Luckily I was just toilet bound downstairs for a night or so.

Anyway.....good luck Tenners. :)