The Physical Health Thread

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Re: The Physical Health Thread

Post by chalks »

Just done exactly that :newthumb:
Jennings
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by Jennings »

Had my gastroscope this arvo. Was an absolute breeze with just the throat spray anaesthetic. No need for gas & air or a general.

Got my results there & then - all clear. Happy days.

The old doubter in me had convinced myself that six years of GERD symptoms on top of thirty five years of hard partying & drinking & smoking were calling me to book.

Thank you NHS, I’ll never say a bad word about you again. Even if the only remotely efficient part of the process was undertaken by an outsourced private company who’s receptionist wears thick black rimmed glasses & a bra that’s way too small.

It’s what we pay our taxes for, right?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Attending Cardio Rehab exercise sessions. f*** me do I feel it even days later! I also need these videos to tell me what to do at home cos I'm very undisciplined and need to be motivated by other people. This is level one. Level 7 is probably 470kg Olympic squats or something.

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I was a brave little soldier this morning - had to get one of my toenails removed - the one next to the big toe .

Two lots of injections delivering 4 doses of anaesthetic into the toe and surrounding area wasn't quite enough so she had to administer one more dose before getting down to the nitty gritty - she took out a tray of instruments reminiscent of the final scenes in ' Braveheart ' and I jokingly said ' You could get part time work with the local Cartel ' - 5 minutes later the nail was off - was bigger than I thought it would be .

I had visions of me limping off back to the car but the whole process bar the injections was pain free , marvellous .
thamesideiron
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 197 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

Just wanted to put a shout out to,who i'm sure most of you know,Deborah James,who's been battling Bowel Cancer for over 4 years now,
has done unbelievable things in helping others thru some bad times,as bad as it gets really.
Stuff that I'm sure a lot of you guys and girls have been thru.

What a beautiful amazing soul she is.
thamesideiron

Post by thamesideiron »

thamesideiron wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:42 pm Just wanted to put a shout out to,who i'm sure most of you know,Deborah James,who's been battling Bowel Cancer for over 4 years now,
has done unbelievable things in helping others thru some bad times,as bad as it gets really.

Edit...

Dame Deborah James................... :smiler:
thamesideiron

Post by thamesideiron »

thamesideiron wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:00 am Edit...

Dame Deborah James................... :smiler:
Deborahs, sorry Dame Deborahs just giving page for Cancer Research,and various supporting groups and campaigns,is going along at
nearly a mill a day at moment...Incredible.

Never fails to amaze me the generosity of people in this country,especially when a lot of us might be struggling for a spare bob or two
at the moment.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

fjthegrey wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:14 pm Had some measurements taken yesterday.

According to the hospital my resting heart rate is 47bpm.

I'm pretty fit but was surprised at this number, they took it twice and was the same both times.

What else could this mean other than I've got a strong heart?
Bit of a late reply but I've just been looking at my Garmin data for the last 6 months and it seems as though my resting heart-rate is frequently around this figure. Lowest it's been is 44 and the very highest its been is 56. To take away any worry, I had a look at this article here and told myself I had the heart rate of an 18 year old athlete. Positive thoughts.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Jennings wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:39 pm Had my gastroscope this arvo. Was an absolute breeze with just the throat spray anaesthetic. No need for gas & air or a general.

Got my results there & then - all clear. Happy days.

The old doubter in me had convinced myself that six years of GERD symptoms on top of thirty five years of hard partying & drinking & smoking were calling me to book.

Thank you NHS, I’ll never say a bad word about you again. Even if the only remotely efficient part of the process was undertaken by an outsourced private company who’s receptionist wears thick black rimmed glasses & a bra that’s way too small.

It’s what we pay our taxes for, right?
Missed this.
Great news Jennings
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Lugholes: When Bowen put that chance straight at the Hungarian goalkeeper the other day, I clapped both hands to the side of my head in frustration. Immediately, I knew I'd done something because of a feeling of pressure and ringing in my ears, which hasn't gone away yet.
The weirdest thing is that if I whistle, I get the tune with different notes in my left ear, giving a somewhat atonal harmony effect. This is apparently called Diplacusis. Tinnitus sounds too common, every bugger's got that, so I'll stick with this more exotic term.
Start teaching again tomorrow after months off, but unless I have difficulty hearing students, I'll just see if it sorts itself out.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

vietnammer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:17 am Lugholes: When Bowen put that chance straight at the Hungarian goalkeeper the other day, I clapped both hands to the side of my head in frustration. Immediately, I knew I'd done something because of a feeling of pressure and ringing in my ears, which hasn't gone away yet.
The weirdest thing is that if I whistle, I get the tune with different notes in my left ear, giving a somewhat atonal harmony effect. This is apparently called Diplacusis. Tinnitus sounds too common, every bugger's got that, so I'll stick with this more exotic term.
Start teaching again tomorrow after months off, but unless I have difficulty hearing students, I'll just see if it sorts itself out.

Best of luck , Viet . :newthumb:

................................................................................

Bought some Twinings Green Tea with Ginger - had my first cup just now - not bad at all .

Suppose to be good for you .
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

vietnammer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:44 pm Attending Cardio Rehab exercise sessions. **** me do I feel it even days later! I also need these videos to tell me what to do at home cos I'm very undisciplined and need to be motivated by other people. This is level one. Level 7 is probably 470kg Olympic squats or something.
They weren't doing Cardiac Rehab clinics after I had my heart attack but a cardiac nurse rang me every couple of weeks. They were happy that the only exercise I did was walking. I walk a lot, averaging 3 - 4 miles a day, and they said that for someone my age (59 then) this was ample exercise but that I should do about 20 minutes of the walking each day at a fast pace - a pace where it's not easy to hold a conversation. That's what I do - no other exercises.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Anyone else feeling unusually tired lately?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

S-H wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 pm Anyone else feeling unusually tired lately?
Not during the day... but I do seem to be sleeping a lot heavier and am struggling to wake up in the morning. In recent years, I have tended to naturally wake up really early in the summer due to the early daylight. Doesn't seem to be happening this year though.
southbrishammer
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

S-H wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 pm Anyone else feeling unusually tired lately?
For the last two days, yes. My daughter had a bug that kept here off school earlier this week, so I may have that or it could be the weather, but I feel wiped out.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

It's been a couple of days for me too, was wondering if it was a hayfever thing?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

S-H wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:28 pm It's been a couple of days for me too, was wondering if it was a hayfever thing?
Could be an anti-histamine thing... depending on what you take.
Jonah
Has liked: 635 likes
Total likes: 537 likes

Post by Jonah »

thamesideiron

Post by thamesideiron »

thamesideiron wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:42 pm Just wanted to put a shout out to,who i'm sure most of you know,Deborah James,who's been battling Bowel Cancer for over 4 years now,

The beautiful Deborah left us today,she was just 40.

The word Inpirational is used to much these days imo,but Deborah was truly Inpirational...

R.I.P Debs.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

So guess what jinxed **** now has melanoma skin cancer? :rofl: