The Physical Health Thread

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Re: The Physical Health Thread

Post by Samba »

EvilC wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:18 am How are you feeling now?
Felt a tiny bit better today but just tested & got my first ever two lines (not on a shirt)..
Still don't want to eat anything at all. Missed all the bloody football on all weekend..
F*cking Barclays Bank (not a euphemism this time) last Wednesday, making me queue up for an hour with a horde of coughers queuing behind me. No wonder I caught it. Only needed a new debit card, so as I was passing...
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

I've had a tight chest for a couple of months now, pretty sure it's linked to either asthma or some other drugs I've been on (statins). I really should make a doctors appointment to have a look though.
Samba

Post by Samba »

fjthegrey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:54 pm Ah yeah, we did discuss the two ended evacuation. Logic in the moment won out when we designated the toilet with the bath next to it as the shithouse. Therefore when one felt they were due for the double, the bath was right next to them as a potential receptacle.
Sister's bathroom is like that & I found out unexpectedly 3 years ago the huge benefit it can occasionally provide.
Not when there's a laden clotheshorse in there at the time though..
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Samba wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:16 pm Felt a tiny bit better today but just tested & got my first ever two lines (not on a shirt)..
Still don't want to eat anything at all. Missed all the bloody football on all weekend..
F*cking Barclays Bank (not a euphemism this time) last Wednesday, making me queue up for an hour with a horde of coughers queuing behind me. No wonder I caught it. Only needed a new debit card, so as I was passing...
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Samba!
Samba

Post by Samba »

Joyeux Marteau wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:36 pm Best wishes for a speedy recovery Samba!
Thanks, JM & EvilC for asking.
Samba

Post by Samba »

Arch Dandy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:18 pm I've had a tight chest for a couple of months now, pretty sure it's linked to either asthma or some other drugs I've been on (statins). I really should make a doctors appointment to have a look though.
Yep, be on the safe side. :newthumb:
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Ah well , after going off in a huff sometime last year here I am back amongst the fold -

It's not great news though I won't know for sure just how bad things are for a few weeks -

Yesterday the hospital phoned to tell me that the recent biopsy they did on my prostate found cancer cells - the first one was sort of ok - on a scale of 1-5 it was a 1 - the second one which could be touching the shell of the prostate is graded 2 - had it been within the prostate I'm guessing it wouldn't have been so bad - so the next move is a full body scan and another on the prostate .

I kept it from Jen until today - didn't want to spoil her evening , she'd been to her Sculpture Class and was happy - the dear little thing is very upset - not told Dan yet but Becky asked today if the hospital had been in touch so Jen told her , she too is very upset . If it's contained it can be treated with radiotherapy or surgery - if not then it's incurable .

I wasn't going to bother you guys with my problems but DaveWHU1964 phoned me this morning out of the blue , Jen answered in tears so I had to tell him - he told me I should let you know .

I can't seem to shift the anxiety - I've tried deep breathing and it does work for about 30 seconds , can't sleep etc etc - was up from 1 am till 4.30 am this morning feeling sick with worry . I phoned my GP today but she was unwilling to give me Diazapam so it's back to the breathing .

Hope Life is being reasonably good to you all .
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

That’s shitty news, sorry to hear that TOMOS.

Good luck for the next scan and I hope your sleep improves.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Sorry to hear that TOMOS
I know how bad the crippling anxiety can be, as i am deep in it at the moment myself due to Parosmia/ Phantosmia

When i had my big nervous breakdown in 2021 i was lucky to get prescribed lots of Diazapem so i have stacks of the stuff lying about (possibly out of date though)
The Old Man of Storr

Thank you , Chaps - very kind of you . :newthumb:

Crouchend - I'll PM you if things get worse though in fairness my GP did tell me to get back to her if panic attacks occur and re-occur .
Jennings
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by Jennings »

Sorry to hear what you're going through ToMoS.

I have absolutely no advice but I hope you manage to keep your chin up.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Aw Pete, that is shitty news.

All the best mate. :newthumb:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1682 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Sorry to hear that TOMOS. Stay strong, stay positive and don't give up - DL is a prime example of positivity and remission. All the best mate to you and yours.
hammer etc
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by hammer etc »

Sorry to hear your news TOMOS. I have posted on here a few times as I was diagnosed with prostate cancer back in February 2020. I am now on my fifth of twenty days of radiation treatment. The last time I had biopsies taken they found eight out thirty something taken. I don't know what you mean by touching the shell. You are right that if it is contained within the prostate (called T2) then that is good news. There are many treatments and hopefully one that will work for you. Take care .
Samba

Post by Samba »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:23 pm I wasn't going to bother you guys with my problems but DaveWHU1964 phoned me this morning out of the blue , Jen answered in tears so I had to tell him - he told me I should let you know .
And right he was too, TOMoS. You're way too important to so many of us on here, not to have let us know.

I can't seem to shift the anxiety - I've tried deep breathing and it does work for about 30 seconds , can't sleep etc etc - was up from 1 am till 4.30 am this morning feeling sick with worry
We'd all be feeling the same, I'm sure. It's such new news for you all though - please give yourself a chance to try to process it, even just a little bit.
Polaroid
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 223 likes

Post by Polaroid »

So sorry to read this TOMOS. I hope you can feel less anxious over the next few days and that the scans are as 'good' as they can be.
Sending love to you and your family.
The Old Man of Storr

Thanks , lads , appreciate your kindness and thank you , Hammer etc , wishing you a complete and full recovery .
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Peter,
You've so much strength around you, you can tap into. We hang together, or we hang separately (I must stop watching these old Randolph Scott movies on Ch4). Seriously, mate, when the shock's over, the work starts.. just ask DL..
Sorry we reacquaint on such terms, stay strong, pms etc, best wishes, as always.
The Old Man of Storr

Tenbury wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:41 am Peter,
You've so much strength around you, you can tap into. We hang together, or we hang separately (I must stop watching these old Randolph Scott movies on Ch4). Seriously, mate, when the shock's over, the work starts.. just ask DL..
Sorry we reacquaint on such terms, stay strong, pms etc, best wishes, as always.

Thank you , my old friend - I'm wishing you all the very best with your current health problems too , it's been too long , apologies for that .

I slept from 11 pm till 1.30 am - then from 2.20 am till around 5 am so better than the night before - the anxiety is constant , never had it this bad before .

Part of my Doctor's advice yesterday ' Take off your shoes and allow your feet to touch the ground ' ......

It opened my eyes being at that Urology Department - most of the men there were younger than myself I'd say , felt genuinely sorry for one young lad , I hope his results were good .

DL / Nick has been through the wringer and out again , no one was happier than me when I read his news recently , a remarkable young man , an inspiration to many .
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Good to see you back, (albeit in not the greatest of circumstances) Sir, and you know where I am if you need a rant, moan, or to just get stuff off if your chest.