Manchester City 2-1 West Ham Utd (28/11/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Re: ⚽ Manchester City vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by jastons »

The 'top 4' equivalent of a relegation 6 pointer
andersonm2
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by andersonm2 »

0 - 1 Fornals to score and do the rocking baby cradle celebration thing :scarfer:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I think we'll lose. I hope we don't but I have a feeling we're going to look a little jaded again as we did against Wolves. I also have a feeling that December is going to be a tough month for us.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

last.caress wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:20 pm Manchester City 2-4 West Ham United

If we beat Manchester City by four goals to two tomorrow I think we'll stand a very good chance of winning the Premier League .
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

West Ham, this season, who knows. It could be anything and that is what is great about it.
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

I know that we’re pretty good now but we’re ****ed here lads imo
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 103 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

I feel so confident about this one I'm not even gonna watch it.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

They're still better than us and I think we'll lose but, it won't be the four or five-nil drubbing they used to regularly hand us.If they're not at the races for any reason and we play as well as we can, we might get a result. In any event, it will be a tight game.

Obviously we've improved but also, they've lost a really key player every season or so and struggled to replace them. It doesn't matter how much money you've got, the likes of Toure, Kompany, David Silva and Aguero don't grow on trees and their replacements are nowhere near the players that they were in their prime.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

I fear that today, we're going to be dry-bummed in the face..so to speak...
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Samba wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:12 am I fear that today, we're going to be dry-bummed in the face..so to speak...

As metaphors go that one was a little hard to swallow .
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

We are likely to lose today. I fully expect us to. But, is it 100% a forgone conclusion? No. And will some of Man City’s players, let alone fans be just as worried as we will be of them? Absolutely. It’s not every week they have to face a Michail Antonio, Jarrod Bowen, Pablo Fornals, Tomas Soucek, oh and a world class defensive midfielder in Declan Rice.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

funky chicken wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:28 am We are likely to lose today. I fully expect us to. But, is it 100% a forgone conclusion? No. And will some of Man City’s players, let alone fans be just as worried as we will be of them? Absolutely. It’s not every week they have to face a Michail Antonio, Jarrod Bowen, Pablo Fornals, Tomas Soucek, oh and a world class defensive midfielder in Declan Rice.
They're not infallible, Crystal Palace beat them, Southampton took a point. The likelihood is a home win, but we have a chance.
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Feel like we need to shake it up a bit, both to combat fatigue and also surprise an astute tactician in Guardiola.

————————— GK ————————
Johnson Dawson Zouma Cresswell
Coufal Rice Soucek Masuaku
————— Bowen Antonio ——————

Coufal, Masuaku and Cresswell are all very good at getting high percentage balls into the box but all 4 wide players can defend and track back. That bank of strong defensive players across midfield will release Bowen and Antonio a bit to break fast together and not need to peel wide and track back as often.

Leaves us with Benrahma, Fornals, Vlasic, Lanzini and Yarmolenko available to change it up if we need to.

I’d usually be the last advocate additional defenders on the pitch but Coufal and Cresswell’s combined 13 assists last season speaks for itself, plus Masuaku showed again on Thursday how dangerous he can be if you give him a simple clear remit of get high and wide and deliver into the right areas for the strikers, of which we will have two in this system.
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by Shabu »

Samba wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:12 am I fear that today, we're going to be dry-bummed in the face..so to speak...
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

They're good but Tottenham, Southampton and Palace (and Leicester in the community shield) have all stopped them from scoring this season. Those are good teams, not great teams.

They are also likely to be without Torres, Grealish, KdB and Foden. That means you probably won't see them be able to empty the bench of £200m+ worth of talent if we've maintained a foothold in the game into the 2nd half,

We should have beaten them away from home last season without Oggy and without Fab. We should have beaten them at home last season (I assume I was actually picking mushrooms in a forest in Sweden during the game).

We're MASSIVE.

Safe travels to the boys and girls going to the game today. I know the weather has calmed down but it's still Manchester.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Clucking Bell wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:14 am They're still better than us and I think we'll lose but, it won't be the four or five-nil drubbing they used to regularly hand us.If they're not at the races for any reason and we play as well as we can, we might get a result. In any event, it will be a tight game.

Obviously we've improved but also, they've lost a really key player every season or so and struggled to replace them. It doesn't matter how much money you've got, the likes of Toure, Kompany, David Silva and Aguero don't grow on trees and their replacements are nowhere near the players that they were in their prime.
Fernandinho, Dias, Foden and, agreed on the striker having missed out on Kane, have all been perfect replacements.

Please don’t forget we won the Premier League last season and made the Champions League final too.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Dry-bummed? That's a new one
Turtlecharityracer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Turtlecharityracer »

Think this is a big game.
If they dominate us it may have repercussions for the next few games.
Hope Moyes doesn't sit back and try to contain as Man City will dominate and could end up being a real bad day.
This is a game where we need to be positive, physical and look to our set piece strength.
Have a feeling this could be a 4 - 0 loss though.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I wonder if grealish is fit or is he still trying to sort out his preferred model!

Need to be positive and fully committed .
Hopefully moyes will surprise mega bucks City

Take a draw now please !

Good luck to our away support. Loud and proud . Show the emptihad what an atmosphere is like

COYI
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Let's face it, they're nothing special as far as Champions go, they are no where near the Man Utd sides of the 90's and early 00's, and never will be.

I think we will contain them well, and beat them with relative ease, especially if the ref clamps down on their blatant cheat tactics, plus our away fans will out sing 40k sky blue seats for 90mins too, it'll feel just like a home game for us, I'm that confident of a result I'd put my mortgage on it.

We are of course massive, and they are.. well..just boring.

Come on you eye-rons!!

Bring the 3 points back down to best city in England, maybe the world.

1-4 to the Cockney Boys!!

:crest: