Manchester City 2-1 West Ham Utd (28/11/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Lars Jacobsen
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Re: ⚽ Manchester City vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Lars Jacobsen »

roblo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:58 am
Time to panic about the weather? Was it last season the game was called off because of wind and rain? Remember being on the train and having to turn around.
Interestingly, turning around on the train doesn't actually alter the direction of the train itself, so I'm guessing you still ended up in Manchester?
pdbis
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by pdbis »

Perkins played for the U23's last night.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

A real test for us this one. City don't quite have God on their side but despite likely shorn of KDB, Stones and Foden they can still call upon Jesus. Fortunately for us Declan Rice is as close to the second coming of Billy Bonds as makes no difference so we won't be easy beats.

For me, the real key tomorrow is how Fornals and Bowen play, they'll need to cover huge ground, giving us a second bank of four without the ball but be willing to spring forward to act as providers for Antonio and Benrahma, with Cresswell and Johnson - who I think will start ahead of Coufal - following close behind them.

I fancy us to win, but would take a draw, either way, let's give them a game , no parking the bus, it simply doesn't work against this lot.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1645 likes

Post by last.caress »

Manchester City 2-4 West Ham United
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

the pink palermo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:13 pm A real test for us this one. City don't quite have God on their side but despite likely shorn of KDB, Stones and Foden they can still call upon Jesus. Fortunately for us Declan Rice is as close to the second coming of Billy Bonds as makes no difference so we won't be easy beats.

For me, the real key tomorrow is how Fornals and Bowen play, they'll need to cover huge ground, giving us a second bank of four without the ball but be willing to spring forward to act as providers for Antonio and Benrahma, with Cresswell and Johnson - who I think will start ahead of Coufal - following close behind them.

I fancy us to win, but would take a draw, either way, let's give them a game , no parking the bus, it simply doesn't work against this lot.
It is a scandal they are thinking of calling Jesus into action on a Sunday. Hopefully there is divine retribution for this!
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

lets hope antonio roughs them up a bit and the 3 behind can nick a goal or two.

no idea how moyes will go but I would go

fabianski
coufal zouma diop cresswell
rice soucek fornals
bowen antonio benrahma

subs areola johnson dawson masuaka fredericks vlassic lanzini noble kral

1-1 bowen

need to be up for this one and get the tackles in . get in their faces and hit them on the break in behind cancelo .

COYI
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

Questioning my sanity getting tickets to this. Lower tier at least so should be good.

Just hope Rice scores first as I got a fiver on it :grin:
Shabu
Has liked: 4166 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:21 pm It is a scandal they are thinking of calling Jesus into action on a Sunday. Hopefully there is divine retribution for this!
As a good Jewish boy Jesus would rather not play between sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.

Christian Daily hated playing on Sundays though :grin:
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

Let's hope so 1-0 to the Cockney boys !
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

This is odd. As I am quite confident, while aware that a 5-0 loss would not be a massive shock.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Ludeksgloves wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:51 pm This is odd. As I am quite confident, while aware that a 5-0 loss would not be a massive shock.
Oh yes it would, cos that ain't gonna happen
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

Take a draw now. Respect the point !
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Shabu wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:45 pm As a good Jewish boy Jesus would rather not play between sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.

Christian Daily hated playing on Sundays though :grin:
His big weakness is he is scared of crosses.

:lol: :lol:
WestSam
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by WestSam »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:35 pm His big weakness is he is scared of crosses.

:lol: :lol:
Nailed on.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Can I just say that I know exactly how this match will go................
GreenIron
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by GreenIron »

last.caress wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:20 pm Manchester City 2-4 West Ham United
I’ll take that.

Come on you rip roaring, goal scoring Irons.

:crest:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

last.caress wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:20 pm Manchester City 2-4 West Ham United
I'll have some of whatever Elsie's smoking.

You can get 350/1 on that scoreline.
Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by Sticky »

Surely it's only a matter of time before Bowen starts smashing them in.

Antonio to rough up these slags - and I'll throw a huge dream out there and say West Ham to win 1-3 - we completely dominate - Fornals and Bowen x 2. Late Man City consolation so that Cresswell can do that thing where he thumps the ground with both fists.
IronRhino
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by IronRhino »

hammer1975 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:42 pm I suspect that Moyes will start the same eleven as Wolves but I’d personally make some changes.

I prefer Dawson ahead of Diop mainly - but I’d probably go with Diop for this one. Few reasons, I think it’s a game where needing to read crosses is less likely and we’ll be defending almost constantly (so no need to suddenly switch on after watching us attack for five minutes which Diop sometimes struggles with). Dawson is much more consistent and reliable but Diop’s good games feel the potential to be the better (and worse games, much worse). He has a worldie performance in him from time to time.

Secondly I’d start Lanzini. He doesn’t lose the ball and given the defence will need a break at times, simply to get out, feels important. Benrahma to come on for last 25 to help win the game. ;)

Finally, Coufal back in. Johnson’s distribution isn’t quite at the level of Vlad yet for me. Could hurt us in this one.

Not expecting anything from the game overall - reality is that we need Man City to be not quite at their best (even if we’re absolutely on it). Would be very happy with a combative draw.

One thing is for certain, they’ll take out our counter attacks before we cross the halfway line five or six times without consequence yet Declan will get booked for his first step out of line.
I agree with Dawson ahead of Diop. I would start Benny though because more than anyone he has the skill to unsettle them and its important we start strongly. If I started Lanzini it would be over Fornals who I think has been slightly off his game of late.

I honestly cant see us getting anything out of this game though, but would be delighted to be proved wrong
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

IronRhino wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:06 pm I agree with Dawson ahead of Diop. I would start Benny though because more than anyone he has the skill to unsettle them and its important we start strongly. If I started Lanzini it would be over Fornals who I think has been slightly off his game of late.

I honestly cant see us getting anything out of this game though, but would be delighted to be proved wrong
Would be worth trying Vlasic at 10 and Fornals wide left. Pablo can support Cresswell and Vlasic is more apt to release the ball quicker than Benny.