Harrison Ashby

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2013 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Re: Harrison Ashby.

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

He'll go from a bench warmer in London to a bench warmer in Newcastle.....but paid more money to do so.

Win win for us.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Zman39
Has liked: 103 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Zman39 »

I always thought Ashby looked good when I saw him. Regardless of what happens with him at Newcastle, feel this will be an often referenced mess up by the club in the future.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2752 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

Zman39 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:40 pm I always thought Ashby looked good when I saw him. Regardless of what happens with him at Newcastle, feel this will be an often referenced mess up by the club in the future.
I very much doubt it but fair play to the lad if he does...
billtho
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 230 likes

Post by billtho »

simon hammer wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:54 pm All the best Harrison :thup:
Totally agree..what's with all this bitching about a young lad who has gone to another club from west ham.Looks like another one will be gone tonight with brum paying 400 grand for longello.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Well, at least we are now selling players and not extending their contracts indefinitely like Cresswell, Fabianski, Lanzini and flogging them to death
DublinDave
Has liked: 2752 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

billtho wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:49 pm Totally agree..what's with all this bitching about a young lad who has gone to another club from west ham.Looks like another one will be gone tonight with brum paying 400 grand for longello.
We had to let Longelo go or give him a squad place next year, he's 22.
Like all who leave I wish them the best with their careers in football & hope they smash it at their new clubs.
We don't get too many wrong though...
woodywoody
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by woodywoody »

Apparently Howe has said he is a 1st team player and not a youth and will be back up to Trippier. So apart from more money a manager that believes in him and can you blame him on that note. Some of our so called kids are 20 plus and after playing ok in European games etc and still dont get further chances then not many youngsters will come through.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 156 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

I think we will look back on this as poor business. Coufal nearly done and Johnson still not cementing a place. Kehrer scares me. A shame we couldn't get the lad more games and show some faith in him. Definitely had the pace and thinking for a WB.
CarltonColesLeftFoot
Has liked: 177 likes
Total likes: 318 likes

Post by CarltonColesLeftFoot »

Chrissieboy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:06 am I think we will look back on this as poor business.
You may well be right, but this has been literally said about every young player that we have sold in the last 20 years.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

maybe ashby will do well but diagana ngakia quina tend to prove the club right. lets hope so.
Heysel76
Has liked: 216 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Hammer1972 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:57 pm Spent a lot of time up there have you?
Just my personal opinion, that's all!
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

norse wrote:League position is my guess; everything that happens in around the club is the manager's fault apparently
ironsonthebrain wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:14 pm Well HE is supposed to be responsible for the squad, tactics, results, man management etc.......
...but not contracts and salaries, though - that's Sullivan and the Duchess...
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 545 likes

Post by sutts07 »

woodywoody wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:03 pm Apparently Howe has said he is a 1st team player and not a youth and will be back up to Trippier.
Along with Krafth (who has 42 caps for Sweden) and Manquillo from Atletico Madrid who is in the Spanish U21s.
They are ALL back up to Trippier.

Not really too different to being behind Coufal, Kehrer and Johnson in the pecking order at West Ham.

Considering how poor we have been at times in the right back area this season, he'd have played if the coaching staff felt he was up to it.
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 525 likes

Post by Denzil »

-DL- wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:43 pm

Of course he wasn't, that boat sailed when he turned down a new contract.
Absolutely - it wasn't a Moyes dig. Just observing that there's no point him being here any more.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5672 likes
Total likes: 3089 likes

Post by MB »

Chrissieboy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:06 am I think we will look back on this as poor business. Coufal nearly done and Johnson still not cementing a place. Kehrer scares me. A shame we couldn't get the lad more games and show some faith in him. Definitely had the pace and thinking for a WB.
If he wouldn't sign a new deal then I struggle to see it is bad business as he'd have walked in the summer so giving him minutes just makes him a better player for whoever he then joins.

Maybe there have been failings earlier in his time with us. I don't know enough to comment, but the big spell missed due to his injury won't have helped.
Liam
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Liam »

sutts07 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:55 am Along with Krafth (who has 42 caps for Sweden) and Manquillo from Atletico Madrid who is in the Spanish U21s.
They are ALL back up to Trippier.

Not really too different to being behind Coufal, Kehrer and Johnson in the pecking order at West Ham.

Considering how poor we have been at times in the right back area this season, he'd have played if the coaching staff felt he was up to it.
I believe he's only played 355mins of senior mens football. there is an awful lot of fuss about someone who hasn't managed to break through in one of our weakest positions....
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1982 likes
Total likes: 4728 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Chrissieboy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:06 am I think we will look back on this as poor business. Coufal nearly done and Johnson still not cementing a place. Kehrer scares me. A shame we couldn't get the lad more games and show some faith in him. Definitely had the pace and thinking for a WB.
He refused a new deal.

Not much we could do unfortunately.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5672 likes
Total likes: 3089 likes

Post by MB »

Liam wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:59 pm I believe he's only played 355mins of senior mens football. there is an awful lot of fuss about someone who hasn't managed to break through in one of our weakest positions....
It is a bit like the Downes "discussion" I was having yesterday; it comes down to whether you trust the manager's judgement or not as he hasn't played enough against good enough opposition to form a view IMO

I also think the fact it is high flying Newcastle signing him influences views on how good he is. Not sure they'd be the same fuss if he went for £3m to Palace.
Benaloon
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 413 likes

Post by Benaloon »

MB wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:54 pm If he wouldn't sign a new deal then I struggle to see it is bad business as he'd have walked in the summer so giving him minutes just makes him a better player for whoever he then joins.
This is why I didn't get all the calls for him to play this season - he'd already told us he was off and wasn't signing, why would we help him out?