Arsenal 2-0 West Ham Utd (15/12/21)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Re: ⚽ Arsenal vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by 61dicksey »

More inexplicable refereeing this time by Mariner , studs up challenge by Arsenal player literally a few minutes after not retreating 20 yard from a free kick no yellow card for either, Geldhart similar challenge 2. inutes later and the Leeds player gets a yellow so ****ing biased.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

61dicksey wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:44 pm More inexplicable refereeing this time by Mariner , studs up challenge by Arsenal player literally a few minutes after not retreating 20 yard from a free kick no yellow card for either, Geldhart similar challenge 2. inutes later and the Leeds player gets a yellow so ****ing biased.
It was a dreadful tackle. No consistency at all.
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Robbie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:48 pm It was a dreadful tackle. No consistency at all.
Utterly diabolical refereeing. How are Leeds and other clubs not flagging this up? I would be suing the FA at this point for gross misconduct
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

Not sure if if it was to be fair, then again, this weekend I'm not wearing the Claret n Blue specks. If this result proves anything it's that we are not massive (Don't like the song anyway) and we are a very, very long way from being anywhere near a top four regular. I don't mind, being a 40 year plus attender, I'm not used to it anyway.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

We were Massive...

Just only for a little while.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

We have had a dip in form but we are 5th and need to snap out of our slump quickly starting on weds and look forward with a good transfer window we can still do great things

Keep the faith

COYI
TeessideIron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by TeessideIron »

The archetypal ‘long time lurker – new poster’. I read the boards along with coffee and bacon as a necessary start to any day. Love the banter, love the passion, and especially love the clear and unabridged love of our team. Only had the mods approval of my registration this morning, so apologies for reviving this thread 😉
I never, in a million years, imagined it would be Arteta of all people who would inspire my first post. I had in mind it might be getting misty eyed over Nobe’s retirement, or a heart pounding chest thumping acknowledgement of Declan signing a new contract in the aftermath of winning the Europa.
Instead…it was the antics of a man who until last night, I’d imagined was one of football’s more sedate and respectable doyens. A man who, if I ever DID think of, was usually along the lines of ‘does that hair EVER move, or is it stencilled on?’.
But no. All joking aside, his behaviour last night went way beyond the excitement and will to win we expect in a manager. And the ‘wasn’t it a hoot?’ response from pundits and daily’s alike, encapsulates all that’s wrong with this game we love so much.
After getting increasingly irate at him charging along the side-line WAY out of his technical area, waving and screaming manically – as though trying to tell a fan in the stand opposite that their hair was on fire – and at times less than a yard from one of our players who MUST have been distracted to some degree, what followed was cheating of the highest magnitude.
Physically hauling a player ONTO the field of play, to waste time, under the nose of the fourth official, who did sweet FA (and oh for the days when the FA WAS sweet), was not simply cheating, it threw the very concept of sportsmanship under the wheels of the Premier League’s ‘luxury bus where all who pander to the mighty pound sign, are welcome.’
And it made me think long and hard about the sport I grew up watching as a kid – and how it lost its soul. I look at it through rose tinted frames, I know this. Coming from the Northeast, I was 10 before I saw my first game – a 2-1 FA Cup loss to Middlesbrough. But I was able to go home, stare at the team photo on my bedroom wall – knowing that I didn’t have to change it each season, because the team stayed the same. My shirt stayed the same. My Teesside accented rendition of ‘Bubbles’ stayed the same.
But what hasn’t stayed the same – is my growing anger at what is being done to the very core of the sport.
No – I am NOT going to make this an ode to the days when the ball got heavier in the rain, where there were no subs, when men were men etc.
Much of what has happened with football in general, has been positive. And the fact that those who play are able to earn more than decently, is a bonus and one which I have no issue with.
It’s the soulless, niggling, TAUGHT lack of respect for the game, encapsulated in a man who thinks less about the mercurial nature of the world’s greatest spectacle, and more about ‘winning’ at any cost.
And don’t for second think I’m not aware that we are as guilty of the black arts too at times. But I’m like most of us here. I work hard all week, and my PASSION, is my team. I’ve long accepted that when we are relegated the players will leave, whereas we, cannot, will not, DO not.
But just as wrestling descended into farce, and Jake Paul is doing his damndest to destroy the soul of boxing – I really want to hope, that some integrity comes back in, and terms such as ‘taking one for the team’ and ‘he’s felt the touch, he should have gone down!’ are eradicated from commentary.
Then again – I also have tickets for Elvis’ comeback tour, and a small wager on Shergar winning the National next year. So, who knows?
OK, forgive the length of post – rant over. I’ll be shorter from here on!
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Nice novel,mate.... :smiler:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

TeessideIron wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:28 pm The archetypal ‘long time lurker – new poster’.
Post some more :thup:
WestSam
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by WestSam »

TeessideIron wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:28 pm Coming from the Northeast, I was 10 before I saw my first game – a 2-1 FA Cup loss to Middlesbrough. But I was able to go home, stare at the team photo on my bedroom wall – knowing that I didn’t have to change it each season, because the team stayed the same. My shirt stayed the same. My Teesside accented rendition of ‘Bubbles’ stayed the same.
:newthumb: why West Ham ?
TeessideIron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by TeessideIron »

According to my dad, who took me for my first strip aged 5, expecting 'Boro, possibly Sunderland, and god forbid Newcastle.. I chose the one with 'the best colours'.
Least I got to enjoy '75 and '80! ;)
WestSam
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by WestSam »

TeessideIron wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:01 pm According to my dad, who took me for my first strip aged 5, expecting 'Boro, possibly Sunderland, and god forbid Newcastle.. I chose the one with 'the best colours'.
Least I got to enjoy '75 and '80! ;)
Ahhh...self inflicted then. Unlucky ! :smiler:
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Albie Beck wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:36 pm Post some more :thup:
This. Spot on Teeside. Because I used to think of Arteta as a cultured player I assumed he’d be an alright bloke. Wrong. He’s a horrible, cheating ****.
hammerman11
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Arteta learned the dark arts under Pep.
Arteta is one horrible bar steward , becoming my mist hated manager . Cunte is that at the moment !