Ticket refund

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators :  -DL-, Rio, the pink palermo, bristolhammerfc, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

darklake

Ticket refund

Post by darklake » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:20 pm

Has anyone tried to get a refund for the Norwich match due to it being moved midweek. I live in Cornwall and can’t really do mid week due to work, unless I book holiday and I don’t have any left until April. Been trying to contact ticket office, sent three emails and tried to call but was 27 in the queue and after half an hour wait had to hang up. Anyone know if it’s possible to get the money back

Albie Beck
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Re: Ticket refund

Post by Albie Beck » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:31 pm

I haven't checked the Ts & Cs but I suspect you are not entitled.

If that's the case your best bet might be to find a reliable purchaser in our Ticket forum. There are such people... 8-)

3times
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by 3times » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:07 pm

Albie Beck wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:31 pm
I haven't checked the Ts & Cs but I suspect you are not entitled.

If that's the case your best bet might be to find a reliable purchaser in our Ticket forum. There are such people... 8-)
I would suspect that consumer rights would override any Ts & Cs. Basically you bought a ticket for an event that did not happen on the day you bought the ticket for. Full refund should be paid less booking fee.

It might take you a while but I would keep on at them. Joke of a club when it comes to looking after fans.

Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:17 pm

Slightly off topic, but for some reason I did not get my Southampton ticket until two days before kick off.

I emailed the club on the 20th to say that I had not got it and I wanted to put it on the exchange but the ticket was not appearing on my profile.

I received an email from the club saying you can only put it on the exchange when the game is sold out. This is complete bollox because I can put my Norwich one on there already.

They really don't help themselves.

Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:25 pm

Update: I emailed the ticket office to say that the information they provided was erroneous and the replied with:

"Thank you for your email.

Norwich has sold out, Southampton did not sell out.

Kind regards

West Ham United Ticket Office"

If you go on to the ticketing site there are hundreds left for the Norwich game.

Watford Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Watford Hammer » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:46 pm

I don't know but could that be other season tickets up for re-sale?
I do find it surprising though that we would have sold out for Norwich. I haven't had an e-mail from the club telling me it is sold out and I could relist my season ticket on ticket exchange.
I don't think Southampton was sold out judging by the number of empty seats (I know if a ticket holder does not turn up his ticket still counts as sold).
Be careful what you wish for, they may realise the have made a mistake and you cant sell your Norwich one either.

Wembley1966
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 74 likes

Post by Wembley1966 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:17 pm

Norwich originally sold out and hundreds of people put their seat on ticket exchange. When they redid the match ticket for the 12th, people that had put them on ticket exchange and were not sold had them back and they need to relist them again if they want don't want to use the ticket themselves. That's why there's nowhere near so many seats showing as available just now - unless you only want a single, then there's only some pairs in the upper half of the upper tier.

honkytonk
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by honkytonk » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:25 pm

darklake wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:20 pm
Has anyone tried to get a refund for the Norwich match due to it being moved midweek. I live in Cornwall and can’t really do mid week due to work, unless I book holiday and I don’t have any left until April. Been trying to contact ticket office, sent three emails and tried to call but was 27 in the queue and after half an hour wait had to hang up. Anyone know if it’s possible to get the money back
Go sick

ammo
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by ammo » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:29 pm

I spoke to someone at the ticket office yesterday as I have one or two spare for Norwich now that some friends cannot attend the rearranged date. She said that I could get the money back in club cash I think. They should really offer a cash refund though.

daytimedave
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by daytimedave » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:15 pm

9. Match Tickets are non-refundable! Any requests are only considered in exceptional circumstances and on a discretionary basis via written
confirmation no later than 72hours prior to kick off of the match (change of date and/or kick-off time is not an exceptional circumstance).

Whufc06
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Whufc06 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:55 pm

Change of date is not an exceptional circumstance?? Wow

Diogenes
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 267 likes

Post by Diogenes » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:58 pm

Regardless of the T&C's you do have rights to claim a full refund if an event is postponed to a later date which you are unable to attend. You can either claim direct to the seller, or credit card company (if used). Its laborious but you still have a right to claim. Are you a Which member? Worth looking at their legal site. Personally, I tend to gift mine to family or friends as can do without the hassle. But you are entitled to claim.

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 441 likes
Total likes: 1304 likes

Post by -DL- » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:09 pm

Whufc06 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:55 pm
Change of date is not an exceptional circumstance?? Wow
I would hazard a guess that that the original match being cancelled due to Covid 19 is an exceptional circumstance though.

darklake

Post by darklake » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:22 pm

Just managed to speak to someone on the phone after 40 minute wait and she said I will get a refund. Said I need to email them to request it. I said I originally did that a week ago and have emailed twice more since then. She said they have so many emails to work through it’s taking that long but they will email me back about the refund.

Albie Beck
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Albie Beck » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:19 pm

:thup: