Response From Club Re Norwich Tickets

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators :  -DL-, Rio, the pink palermo, bristolhammerfc, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

IABATAC
Total likes: 15 likes

Response From Club Re Norwich Tickets

Post by IABATAC » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:07 pm

Hammers United wrote to the club asking for an explanation following the unfortunate issues many fans experienced with digital tickets for the Norwich game.

We heard back from the club this evening. Here is what they told us:

"The Club communicated that all original tickets remained valid for the revised fixture date and we also issued a guide for supporters on how to access or redownload your digital ticket. There were no widespread issues in accessing the stadium last night, but we were aware that a small number of supporters using android devices had their tickets disappear from their phones. While this is not something we can control, we always encourage supporters to contact us in advance of the game, wherever possible, so that we can support and assist. We’re looking into the reason as to why this occurred and will communicate advice in our FAQs in the generally rare event that matches are rescheduled following the issuance of tickets."

squareballs

Re: Response From Club Re Norwich Tickets

Post by squareballs » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:02 pm

Not quite the same thing but...

I live overseas, was over visiting family for Xmas, and picked up 4 tickets for Norwich (including the missus and a couple of friends). When the game was postponed I wrote to the ticket office, and they replied stating, and I quote: "If you can not attend, we can offer you clubcash on your West Ham account which can be spent on future ticket purchases for when you are ready to attend"

I wrote back and said sure, I'll take the clubcash. Needless to say I didn't hear a dicky bird for the entire time after that and the game has now passed. I'm protesting the charges on my credit card.

EastHam56
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastHam56 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:27 am

so , following all the advice and re downloading my ticket I get to the turnstile and find the ticket is blocked . had to trudge roiund to the ticket office and prove who i was to get a duplicate issued - only at west ham !

Hampshire'ammer

Post by Hampshire'ammer » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:05 pm

I had this issue - got to the ground and it had disappeared from Google Pay - eventually found enough signal to open the email and pull down a pdf copy, not great :-(

PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 119 likes

Post by PF. » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:24 pm

IABATAC wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:07 pm
We heard back from the club this evening. Here is what they told us:

"The Club communicated that all original tickets remained valid for the revised fixture date and we also issued a guide for supporters on how to access or redownload your digital ticket.
This is the email received on the 16th December when the game was postponed:

Dear Trevor,

We are disappointed to confirm that Saturday’s fixture against Norwich City at London Stadium has been postponed. This is due to a request from Norwich, granted by the Premier League, as a result of them having an insufficient number of players available to fulfil the match because of COVID-19 cases, injuries and other illnesses.

Please be assured that your seats will be valid for the rearranged fixture later in the season and will be in touch with more information as soon as we receive a new date from the Premier League.

We thank you for your understanding and support during these times. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Ticket Office on ticketoffice@westhamunited.co.uk or by calling 0333 030 1966.

COYI!

No mention of keeping your ticket in this email.

Upton Parkes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Upton Parkes » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:20 pm

Checked on Tuesday, my original ticket was in my expired folder but updated for Weds date. By Weds lunchtime it was gone. Downloaded a replacement,all good. Arrived at the turnstile to find I now have two tickets for the game. Needless to say the first one I tried did not work (presumably the original updated ticket). With some assistance from the guy behind the turnstile the second one worked. He advised several others had the same issue. I was early so no problem but I did notice lots of people were arriving after KO so perhaps it was more of an issue later.

brownout
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brownout » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:47 pm

Have the club ever explained why we can’t just have season ticket cards, which used to work fine?

Albie Beck
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Albie Beck » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:56 pm

brownout wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:47 pm
Have the club ever explained why we can’t just have season ticket cards, which used to work fine?
Following orders - sorry, I mean guidelines...

RichieRiv
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 510 likes

Post by RichieRiv » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:01 am

brownout wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:47 pm
Do they need to?

If they issued tickets on cards then holders could attend regardless of covid status. This method is designed to allow the club to control the issue of tickets, based upon covid declarations.

Now you say, they have only introduced the covid declaration forms as part of plan b. Well the club have no control over government policy, therefore they need a process that can accommodate changes. It's not perfect but what is?

I would say preventing those with covid attending is a far more effective measure than a face mask, something you have been very vocal about.

Watford 'Ammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:32 am

The COVID declaration form is not connected to the issuing or activation of tickets.

A club can, within the guidelines, ask supporters to complete a single COVID declaration for the entire season.

The form is also self-certification.

In short, I think it would be fair to say that these COVID declaration forms have absolutely zero impact on the potential spread of COVID at a game.

It could be argued that effective spot checks of COVID passports would have an impact, but I think anyone would be hard pressed to make a case that current premier league checks are effective.

In my opinion, the rationale that the switch to digital ticketing will somehow assist in slowing the spread of COVID is weak, if not completely unfounded.

There might be very good reasons for the premier league advising clubs to switch to digital ticketing.

But to piggy back off COVID and exploit the pandemic to strengthen the case for this change is wrong.

brownout

Post by brownout » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:19 am

Of course anyone with COVID shouldn’t attend but the declaration is just a box ticking exercise. What’s the point of having it cover three games, so responses for Sunday’s game may be 10 days out of date. I think it very unlikely that the responses are linked to ticket activation.

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:05 am

brownout wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:19 am
Of course anyone with COVID shouldn’t attend but the declaration is just a box ticking exercise. What’s the point of having it cover three games, so responses for Sunday’s game may be 10 days out of date. I think it very unlikely that the responses are linked to ticket activation.
The club specifically said that the ticket(s) would not be issued until a declaration had been received. No idea if there is an effective linkage but that was the threat.

brownout

Post by brownout » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:12 am

Did someone got through the forms for 4500 at Spurs which were only sent out a few hours before kick off?

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:27 am

Albie Beck wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:05 am
The club specifically said that the ticket(s) would not be issued until a declaration had been received. No idea if there is an effective linkage but that was the threat.
There is definitely no link. Tickets are sent out irrespective of whether or not a form is completed.

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:51 am

No I agree but my point was: there was a threat to link the two.

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:17 am

That certainly was the case!!!

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:50 am

Watford 'Ammer wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:17 am
That certainly was the case!!!
:D
By the way, did you see this I posted in another thread?

viewtopic.php?t=182333&start=58

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:00 pm

Albie Beck wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:50 am
:D
By the way, did you see this I posted in another thread?

viewtopic.php?t=182333&start=58
That is odd! Checks of identity v tickets have been muted for a long time, and I wonder if that might actually me something to do with the shift to digital in the long run. Although I’ve never heard of it actually being done at West Ham!

I’d guess what you experienced comes under the umbrella of incompetent stewarding. Nothing over there seems to tally up and no one really seems to care. A group of individuals, mostly on low pay, with no interest or accountability to anything or anyone - last of all our football club!!

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:38 pm

Yep - however I should be clear - this bloke (and another guy who I had a discussion with at the turnstiles a few weeks ago about why the insistence on digital ticketing not season cards) were definitely actual Club employees not E20 or whatever.

goa127
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by goa127 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:29 am

personally I like the digital ticketing. I normally print mine but I know if I were to forget the ticket I can get the email up on my phone. If I can't go to a match I just forward the email to a friend to use (not strictly allowed)