FAC4: Kidderminster Harriers 1-2 AET West Ham Utd (5/2/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerofthedogs
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: ⚽ Kidderminster Harriers vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by hammerofthedogs »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:43 am I agree.

I hope Rice does it in the final.

And that Antonio handballs another one into the net.
Against Tottenham...
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

lib2007 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:44 pm Not too sure Gsb want the cup in the first place, but regardless they would probably spin yesterday as a masterclass in efficient team investment
You're joking surely Sullivan would lap it up. Brand new coat, meeting royalty, new bit of silver bling for his mantlepiece.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Looking at it again, it just amazes me how sloppy most of our play was (Declan Rice aside). Premier league players not being able to control the ball or make the simplest of passes against a team 5 divisions below is
unforgivable and very worrying.
Rowly
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Rowly »

I suspect it's allready been said, but I can't be arsed to trawl back through the pages to see if it has, - but the annoying thing is that if Moyes had started the game with the line up that ended it, we would very probably have been 2- 3 goals up by the 60 mins mark and then been able to hook the likes of Rice,Souceck, Pablo etc etc and give them a breather and see out the game in 90mins rather than have to chase it and go through the extra time! :fsake:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Rowly wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:08 pm I suspect it's allready been said, but I can't be arsed to trawl back through the pages to see if it has, - but the annoying thing is that if Moyes had started the game with the line up that ended it, we would very probably have been 2- 3 goals up by the 60 mins mark and then been able to hook the likes of Rice,Souceck, Pablo etc etc and give them a breather and see out the game in 90mins rather than have to chase it and go through the extra time! :fsake:

I said many pages back I haven't a ****ing clue what his thinking was with that line up Noble and Kral as the central.midfield ? What planet ?
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Rowly wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:08 pm I suspect it's allready been said, but I can't be arsed to trawl back through the pages to see if it has, - but the annoying thing is that if Moyes had started the game with the line up that ended it, we would very probably have been 2- 3 goals up by the 60 mins mark and then been able to hook the likes of Rice,Souceck, Pablo etc etc and give them a breather and see out the game in 90mins rather than have to chase it and go through the extra time! :fsake:
The side that started were good enough to beat a team from the 6th tier. We shouldn't have to start the likes of Rice and Soucek.

Areola, Yarmolenko, Bowen, Vlasic, Benrahma, Zouma, all established internationals or Premier League players.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:11 pm I said many pages back I haven't a ****ing clue what his thinking was with that line up Noble and Kral as the central.midfield ? What planet ?
The same planet that they beat Man Utd on?
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

The side picked should have been capable of getting a result there. Sadly pretty much the majority turned in stinkers.

I feel sorry for Johnson constantly shoved out to the left while the more experienced Fredericks does his headless chicken routine out on the right.
Trinidad hammer
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Trinidad hammer »

Even though we were terrible, old West Ham lose that, but somehow we got out of jail. Declan is a true leader and shows if you actually give a damn you can turn things round. That would have been the biggest shock ever in the cup. Thank god it wasn't. I hope Moysie gave them pelters⚒️😆
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

Aceface wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:23 am The silver lining in terms of future squad composition is that a lot of the issues from the squad players yesterday cease to be our problem in the summer with Fredericks, Yarmolenko, Noble, Kral and Areola all ending their contracts. So no concerns about selling-to-buy this summer, there should be an awful lot of headroom on wages if nothing else.

I still hope we retain Areola, but the other 4 will be departing at a good time.
Glad you concede that about Areola. The guy is still a great keeper honestly. Two dodgy situations don’t change that, he’s usually quite decent coming out with high balls. Judging him on yesterday alone is madness

Kral isn’t good enough. Fredericks was never good enough. Yarmo I don’t want to waste thumb energy typing about. Diop anything above 5m for him is a miracle, although I do feel he’s slightly better than his recent form - head seems to have gone. But he’s a defender without defensive instincts. Bye bye
Chadwell Chief
Has liked: 48 likes
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by Chadwell Chief »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:11 pm The side that started were good enough to beat a team from the 6th tier. We shouldn't have to start the likes of Rice and Soucek.

Areola, Yarmolenko, Bowen, Vlasic, Benrahma, Zouma, all established internationals or Premier League players.
Agree but personally I’d never not start Dec again. Overplay him to f*** if we have to. Squeeze every last bit of juice out before the inevitable departure eh.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

It was an awful day at the office but we got through and really need to put it behind us.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Very rarely we create a goal without some input from Antonio.

Similarly, Coufal usually involved in most of our good play.

With Declan,this is our must have backbone for any significant performances.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

When was the last time we had a player who got hold of a match by the scruff of the neck and turned things around for us ?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:35 pm When was the last time we had a player who got hold of a match by the scruff of the neck and turned things around for us ?
Yesterday mate. Declan.
Odessa
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

So no one knows why a thousand fans couldn’t attend yesterday’s game?
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Chadwell Chief wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:27 pm Glad you concede that about Areola. The guy is still a great keeper honestly. Two dodgy situations don’t change that, he’s usually quite decent coming out with high balls. Judging him on yesterday alone is madness

Kral isn’t good enough. Fredericks was never good enough. Yarmo I don’t want to waste thumb energy typing about. Diop anything above 5m for him is a miracle, although I do feel he’s slightly better than his recent form - head seems to have gone. But he’s a defender without defensive instincts. Bye bye
Quite true regarding Areola but Fab is never allowed any errors without being accused of being over the hill
Ticker Boyce
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by Ticker Boyce »

Not related to the game itself, but having been to both Kidderminster matches, 1994 and yesterday, the view and facilities at their ground are much better than Crystal Palace! And before and after the game went to a very welcoming pub. Hugely relieved we escaped probably the biggest of all giantkillings, but wish the Harriers well in their promotion bid.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

goa127 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:57 pm Quite true regarding Areola but Fab is never allowed any errors without being accused of being over the hill
I don’t think many call Fabianski over the hill, but the man is getting on a bit and we should be able to find a keeper who can take that #1 shirt.

That and I’d like a keeper that can kick it beyond the half way line :grin:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1791 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^And between the touchlines