2022 Six Nations

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Re: 2022 Six Nations

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

And another one
DublinDave
Has liked: 2746 likes
Total likes: 1776 likes

Post by DublinDave »

After 8 minutes I thought the game was in the bag & so did the Ireland team unfortunately...
England responded excellently and had us under the kosh for most of the next hour, the last 15 minutes was how we should have played all game but I'll happily take the win...
The red card would have been a certain red if the tackle was made in the 60th minute instead of the first so no argument there, was surprised the ref gave it so early on though...
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2698 likes

Post by sendô »

What an effort that was from England. Ireland looked shellshocked second half, and intruth the final score flattered them with England running out of energy in the final 10 minutes.

Olay like that vs France and we’ll win.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1593 likes

Post by alf git »

That was an outstanding effort from England.
Best performance since the world cup for me.
simon hammer
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by simon hammer »

DublinDave wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:45 pm After 8 minutes I thought the game was in the bag & so did the Ireland team unfortunately...
England responded excellently and had us under the kosh for most of the next hour, the last 15 minutes was how we should have played all game but I'll happily take the win...
The red card would have been a certain red if the tackle was made in the 60th minute instead of the first so no argument there, was surprised the ref gave it so early on though...
When an offence happens is irrelevant, a red card is a red card...first seconds of the game or at any point thereafter.

Congratulations to Ireland though...took your boys the best part of 70 mins to get control, but you won it in the end.

Learnt a lot about England today...and mightily pleased with what I saw.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

England needed that kind of performance. Despite the defeat - to play that well against a team that is supposed to be all singing all dancing was a superb effort.

Well played Ireland - given how the 65 mins post red card generally went for them they could've panicked but they didn't. I think that performance leaves some questions for them though. They were absolutely marmalised by a scrum that had Jack Nowell packing down at flanker. Furlong's reputation was not enhanced today, and a more picky ref would've carded one of their front row for repeated infringements. A very high penalty count for a side that didn't receive a yellow card.

The red was a fair decision by the letter of the law. I've never rated Ewels as international class. Lawes back to second row next week and flanker at 6. Need more speed outside Smith and a balanced centre partnership. Slade and Marchant are cracking 13s but need a different option in there with more bulk. I'd also like to see Malins replaced with someone with more running threat. Radwan or Hassle Collins as someone who'll actually frighten the opposition wingers.

Here's to a proper ding dong in Paris next week. France deserve to win the 6 nations but who knows...
DublinDave
Has liked: 2746 likes
Total likes: 1776 likes

Post by DublinDave »

simon hammer wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:59 pm When an offence happens is irrelevant, a red card is a red card...first seconds of the game or at any point thereafter.

Congratulations to Ireland though...took your boys the best part of 70 mins to get control, but you won it in the end.

Learnt a lot about England today...and mightily pleased with what I saw.
Indeed, it would be easy for me to say it was our mistakes & silly fouls that gave England a foothold in the game but it was your fight & desire that caused our usual fluid play to be disjointed... Fair play..!
You have a young team & the future could well be very rosy indeed... (pun intended :winker:)
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Reminds me of the loss to spuds in the great escape season. We learned a great deal about the team spirit there.France should not be polishing off their Grand Slam space in the trophy cabinet just yet.......
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1866 likes
Total likes: 2489 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

DublinDave wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:43 pmYou have a young team & the future could well be very rosy indeed... (pun intended :winker:)
Not under Jones. Until he’s gone, England will remain a disjointed and under-achieving team.
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:18 am Not under Jones. Until he’s gone, England will remain a disjointed and under-achieving team.
Indeed. He’s been around too long and has stunk the place out since mid 2020 and unfortunately it looks like we’ll pretty much waste an entire World Cup cycle.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1830 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Watching the Wales v Italy game, blimey how bad have Wales become?! :shock:
Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 »

Indeed Wales beaten at home by Italy! Wales were 1/33 to win today.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Thoroughly deserved
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2603 likes
Total likes: 936 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Well done Italy, great defensive performance, especially in the last 20mins. A great try to win the game.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1874 likes
Total likes: 471 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

I've been working in the garden and just seen the result , need find the match online now :coolas:

As far as this evening goes, Allez Les Bleus, they deserve to win the championship from the rugby they played
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2603 likes
Total likes: 936 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Eggchaser wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:46 pm I've been working in the garden and just seen the result , need find the match online now :coolas:

As far as this evening goes, Allez Les Bleus, they deserve to win the championship from the rugby they played
I was out gardening too and managed to replay the last 2 mins from the BBC website - it may be on there or on iplayer.

I want England to put in a good fighting performance like they did with the Irish last week, whatever the eventual result. However you can’t really begrudge the French if they win given how they have played.

Maybe then a Farrell/Edwards combo to manage England in the future … ??
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1866 likes
Total likes: 2489 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

I love it when Italy win a 6N game, more so when they’re away.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1874 likes
Total likes: 471 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

pablo jaye wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:12 pm I was out gardening too and managed to replay the last 2 mins from the BBC website - it may be on there or on iplayer.

I want England to put in a good fighting performance like they did with the Irish last week, whatever the eventual result. However you can’t really begrudge the French if they win given how they have played.

Maybe then a Farrell/Edwards combo to manage England in the future … ??
Found the highlights on BBC website, brilliant try to win it :coolas:

My concern with the future is that World Rugby (or the IRB as I still like to call them :winker: ) need to sort out the laws.
There are far too many red cards at the moment, Ewels last week for example wasn't malicious and wasn't even a high tackle.
They state that the harsh penalties are to educate players, but if that's the case why don't they practise that with all of the laws, rather than ignoring laws when it suits individual referees?

It's ruining the game for me.
Macca1973

Post by Macca1973 »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:35 pm I love it when Italy win a 6N game, more so when they’re away.
They seem to come up with a performance like this when people start talking about their purpose in the 6 Nations. Hopefully they can use this to really become competitive as it would be amazing for the competition to become a genuine six team tournament.
simon hammer
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Macca1973 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:02 pm They seem to come up with a performance like this when people start talking about their purpose in the 6 Nations. Hopefully they can use this to really become competitive as it would be amazing for the competition to become a genuine six team tournament.
Couldn't agree more. A truly competitive six teams would be far better for the tournament, the fans and rugby in general.

Congratulations to Ireland on winning the triple crown, played very well again today.

Pressure on France to perform now...will they step up or will they crack? Could play into Englands hands.