FM in general - Game play

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

FM in general - Game play

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I know there's a thread for FM 22 but this is a general question..sort of

playing FM20 as it was a free download from Epic games.

as such it's in their/my "library" and I can't add patches or updates (that I can find)

anyway I don't know the actul term, not sure if programmers is tech correct but have these blokes/gals gotten lazy ? apathetic ? fewer people developing ? money for old rope ?

do they assume probably correctly, that people are going to buy their product anyway so just a few little tweaks here and there suffice ?

my match engine really sucks. players run for the ball and actually stand still. ball gets taken away and then they react. must be a bug but that seems to have followed on from 17 and 19 because I found the same or similar problems there.

still suffer from the same injury problems. lots of my doctors and medical people must be from West Ham because they come with no record of injuries, get a clean bill of health with no underlying injury problems then lo and behold, about 2 weeks into playing or training, or even on signing day they turn up with an injury which if you check their injury record suddenly now lists the same one about 5 times.

also, and I don't know if this is a fact with Brasilian football, but there's a poxy International game about every 2 months, and I know the season there is long, but with 7 of my players from different countries being taken away at 3 days notice (honest) I'm struggling to field a quality team fighting for a league title of Copa Libertadories - is this for real ? no postment of games ?

I also notice that no matter who you play (or indeed some of my own players) there's a 29 year old CF with 10 first touch, 11 technique and when the keeper or defenders clear the ball downfield about 60 yards, he takes it out of the air on a dead run right down to his feet !!!!!! I mean seriously ?

also the assistant manager advises you players are knackered, but then there's some 28 year old CB playing LB for a bottom of the table team, who in the 94th minute with a pace of 11 and acceleration of 12 sprints the length of the field outrunning my recently brought on FB with a 15 and 14 and sometimes scoring or forcing my keeper into a fingertip save. again, I mean seriously ?

I do fully understand that it's a video game, but it's always touted as the most realistic football game on the planet and it's not cheap (well as stated this one was a free download) so I would imagine that it's bothering the regular year in year out buyer/player a lot. and as for defenders doing "scorpion kick" clearances, that might have been amusing the first 1000 times or so I have to watch it...........

guessing the developers are not making as much (though probably still plenty) as they were if they could afford to give this one away free. and I've had it about a year or more now so it was relatively new so to speak when it was offered.

I have played it for ages but mostly due to the effin' annoying match play and the other shyte they chuck in, I give up. of course then I pick it up again 3 or more months later until I kick myself and say Why the eff am I doing this ? then months later when I'm bored..........

:crylol:

judging from the FM22 thread there's still similar bugs and that and people seem to miss out 3 years or more before guying a new one. I remember a time when there were 5 of us coahes rooming together and we played it non stop when we got home late after work, challenging each other to obscure leagues to see who could win the league first.......might have been 01/02 ?????

input appreciated but really needed a late night rant, my neighbours must be tired of hearing me shout SERIOUSLY..I MEAN SERIOUSLY ...of course these days the way West Ham are playing in real life, they don't know whether I playing FM or watching us live !!

at least they've increased their English vocabulary of swear words !!!

:crylol: :crylol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Re: FM in general - Game play

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

finally gave up after I'm not sure HOW many hours I put in

played 6 seasons I think, won the league 5 times in a row, Cup, State Cup (playing as Flamingo in the Brasilian league) Copa Libertadores and used no cheats because it was a free edition and I don't have any "folders" at all.

anyway, you can only have 5 foreign players in the match day squad.

scouts couldn't find almost ZERO Brasilian players for me but anyway, my home grown talent started getting injuries, sick or something the day before game days making it almost impossible to put out a squad. as I mentioned before NOTHING stops play. you can have 12 players away on international duty but you still play 2 games a week.

the thing that finally got me was, the last 5 or 6 games I played, we had about 15 shots on target and hardly ever scored. opposition keepers were virtually PotG while they had 1 shot (or 2) and of course scored. now I understand that happens but not 5 games in a row.

last but not least was I played the same team in the Copa semi final as I did 3 season ago.

won the first game 3-0 exactly the same as 3 years ago
lost the 2nd game 3-0 exactly the same as 3 years ago

lost on penalties my 1st and 4th player missed. exactly the same as 3 years ago.

WHAT ?

also my CB's who have been with the team since I took over, suddenly stopped passing the ball and when pulled up on it, suddenly decided that they were defenders and not ball players but would try to work on playing the way I wanted to.

I'm like... WHAT ?

haven't change tactics or anything else but suddenly after 6 seasons they don't do what they have done in the past ?

WHAT ?

passed some lonely hours though, but honestly....this game isn't "rigged" or that in any way. I imagine that if I went through West Ham's entire history, we might have (and probably did) have lost to the same team but I'm guessing by not exactly in the same way with identical scores. and the same 1st and 4th player missing the important penalties. maybe we did, but I honestly doubt it.

was thinking of investing in the new version, but now I've deceided it's a no from me.

when we used to play way back whe, probably started 99/00 injuries were always a pet peeve of mine. the never seem to have fixed this problem. yes players get injuries, but it should be random. whatever team I decide to play as, will have several severe ACL type injuries before you start.

I wonder how many players overall in the PL for example suffer ACL injuries, I'm guessing a few but you get I bet broken arms, legs, ankles, and several ACL injuries EVERY team you play as. it should be random. my team might but then I play another team, same thing. pick another team, ditto. it should be impossible to replicate similar injuries for EVERY team you play as. some might get a load of injuries some should be not as bad but it's almost identical from team to team that you play as.

seems as though they haven't fixed it at all and I guess I am not going to invest in a new version. this was fine for free, but I would be really annoyed if I had paid for it and it turned out like this.

shame.