Leicester City 2-2 West Ham Utd (13/2/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

IronRhino
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Re: ⚽ Leicester City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by IronRhino »

HammerAl wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:39 pm Feel sorry for Antonio and think he’s given such a hard time.
Me too. First half he was excellent. He dropped off second half but he wasn't alone in that. He is living off scraps most of the time with a lot of high floating balls kicked vaguely in his direction, which for the most part he has to sprint after with little hope of winning.
Trinidad hammer
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Trinidad hammer »

Reading the OV it did make me chuckle that they were moaning about a great ball over the top for Bowen's goal. Ball over the top for Vardy to slot one in anybody?? When we do it it's hoofball, but when they do it it's world class football😆 Modern day football fans, especially the armchair mob are a joke 😉
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:28 am You say that but many don't cut him any slack and we're currently 4th and still in two competitions including Europe.

I read earlier that he's another Allardyce :lol:
Ha, absolutely. We' have millions and millions of fans. They'll be plenty calling for Moyes' head the moment our results properly plummet. I'm still convinced there's an anti-Moyes contingent who've been waiting patiently in the wings to (re)launch their attack. Hopefully, they'll still be well in the minority. Whatever happens, Moyes has, imo, earned plenty of time and patience imo to implement his vision, and the right to work his way through any imminent bad patches we have.

It's why I was shocked at the pressure Rodgers is apparently under this season given how superb he's been for them the previous two and a bit seasons.
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Couple of favourites from the ov. West ham fans were quiet apart from the start of the game. All i could hear was west ham loud and proud for the whole game. Didnt hear a single thing from leicester for the whole first half other than the pen. Second was we only had 1 shot on target other than our goals, erm pretty sure leicester had no shots on target apart from their goals :lol:

Stupid deluded plastic armchair pricks
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

For all the grizzling from some of our fans over missing out that Patson Daka, did he actually do anything? And that was against our reserve centre half pairing.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Just read that in 1927 the LMS laid on a special restaurant train for this match.

A seat in a dining car, a meal there and back and return fares were 10 shillings, which is around £50 now.

Left at 11.30 and returned at 6.

All I got was something from the trolley they called ‘tea’ and half of Luton in the carriage.

(we lost 3:0 btw)
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

steveyrockstar wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:36 pm It's why I was shocked at the pressure Rodgers is apparently under this season given how superb he's been for them the previous two and a bit seasons.
Rightly or wrongly, I guess that's down to them being in prime position to claim 4th the past two seasons and bottling it in the final few weeks of each season.

Now all of a sudden they're struggling to even finish top half in the Prem, messed up the Europa League, and the fans have a sense of missing the sliding doors moment when they could have consolidated themselves as a top four challenger.

Lots of people on here have had the same sinking feeling about our lack of investment when the squad is so threadbare, but I think most of us would happily settle for some midtable mediocrity if we'd won the league and a cup in recent years!
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:23 pm
Lots of people on here have had the same sinking feeling about our lack of investment when the squad is so threadbare, but I think most of us would happily settle for some midtable mediocrity if we'd won the league and a cup in recent years!
Nah - expectations would go through the roof and fans would be calling for the manager's head on a platter as soon as results began to dry up.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:40 pm Nah - expectations would go through the roof and fans would be calling for the manager's head on a platter as soon as results began to dry up.
Sorry, was unclear - I meant that we'd take that from where we are now.

Have no doubt that lots of our fans would be just as unreasonable as lots of Leicester's on the other side of it all!
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Got a ticket for Liverpool away in the ballot but just seen it's in the restricted view section. Haven't been there since I was about 12 so can't remember how bad that is, is this representative of what it's like?

https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/photo/102 ... 4/seat-24/

Sorely tempted to just give it the ticket away to a local hammer if the view is really that bad!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:49 pm Got a ticket for Liverpool away in the ballot but just seen it's in the restricted view section. Haven't been there since I was about 12 so can't remember how bad that is, is this representative of what it's like?

https://aviewfrommyseat.co.uk/photo/102 ... 4/seat-24/

Sorely tempted to just give it the ticket away to a local hammer if the view is really that bad!
The camera taking that picture is held at over head height, so factor that into it.

It is a poor view from up close to the back.
Col Hammer
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Col Hammer »

Been stuck back up there before, really is a shocking view, not good if your claustrophobic either!