Leicester City 2-2 West Ham Utd (13/2/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

EMI
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: ⚽ Leicester City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by EMI »

Bond Holder 59 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:36 am he’s just not running the channels,
I have to agree, I was frustrated by the amount of times our full backs had the ball in a tight space and had no one to hit down the line, with Antonio just standing around the centre spot when usually I'd expect to see him working across the line.

Maybe it's managers instructions, maybe he's just knackered, either way it wasn't helping us when we were under pressure yesterday
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I normally f*** off outta Leicester quicker than Mrs Vardy, but stayed the night and found I surprisingly liked the area.

Discovered a fine curry house a few backstreets away and whilst people were fighting over a bag of nuts in Blues and looking for beer in the industrial park, we were having a cold one and a good jalfrezi.

The ladies were outside the textile factories this morning having a smoko and wearing their Leicester tops and the streets are named after famous players and the old ground. I like all that.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

prophet:marginal wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:22 am I was sat watching with two neutrals yesterday and we all agreed that, once the footage of the incident was clearly replayed, it couldn't possibly stand.

I have seen the ball ricochet into the net off someone's arm, but yesterday Dawson actually guided the ball with his arm and it went into the net. What I mean to say is that he actually moved the arm into the flight of the ball, so as to cause it to go in a different direction.

I still this morning cannot understand how that was allowed. Is it accidental and therefore permitted? Or can a ball now hit a bicep and get knocked into the net in a legitimate way? :eh:
I agree, i remember last season Gabriel for Arsenal intercepted a West Ham pass with the same part of his arm and I couldnt believe that wasnt given. Yesterday felt like a small sense of justice in that respect but i cannot understand how the sleeve isnt deemed handball.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

bloody signal…
Last edited by Doc H Ball on Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Clattenburgs verdict on the handball
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -fair.html
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Leicester are a much better side than their current situation suggests. They should be top 6 no problem.
They played well second half yesterday
It was important to stop them winning as I think they will be in the shake up for the European positions at the end of the season
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Note on the Leicester fans - proper zombies - not that surprised by what went on in Nottingham
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Leicester City
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136703
e20too
Has liked: 665 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by e20too »

davids cross wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:35 pm We are basically playing with three attributes at the moment.

1.) Character.
2.) Organisation.
3.) Hard work.

Nothing else is happening. The team is flat. We are a shadow of the counter attacking team we have been. Too many players are totally out of form........and confidence.

All teams (apart from the very top ones) go through these periods.

My overwhelming feeling is ...1,2 & 3 are making me so proud. Because I believe we will find our mojo at some point. Something will spark it off.....just as something turned it off.

There is pride in just how bloody awkward we are to beat. .... :hamm:
Yeah running on fumes, even this level is a bit of a second wind from a poor run pre Christmas. I am really impressed by the character and never say die spirit but not sure how long it can last against the odds and almost everything is relying on the breaks now which traditionally has gone against us. Every game we can get over the line will be a bonus but can we seriously compete with teams less stressed around us it will be a near miracle if we can , we just don’t have the resources or the choices that they have and momentum is going to be tough to restore for those reasons. I suspect we will probably get a final wind towards the end through shear willpower but top 6 might be a push I fear and if so then the lost opportunity here might be a negative drag next season or so.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

We shouldn’t underestimate the fact Rodgers rested much of his first team for this game either.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I just noticed what the player challenging Dawson does, as our guy scored last night.

It looks as if the defender has got himself under Dawson's arm, at least in part, so that our player can't actually so easily get his arm out of the way. Perhaps that informed the view that led to the goal being allowed?
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:23 pm The opposition view: Leicester City
OV = "Poor me".
EMI
Has liked: 126 likes

Post by EMI »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:23 pm The opposition view: Leicester City
Two consecutive 5th places and an FA Cup win. The problem with success is it breeds entitled expectations, we need to be wary of this!
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

"VAR looking after the top six as usual. Chris Kavanagh's is a knob head, never likes us."
- bluefox1

It appears to me that every clubs football fans say the same thing about everything
asters89
Has liked: 14 likes

Post by asters89 »

Honestly don't know what to make of this mob. Roger's won the FA cup for their first time ever less than a year ago and they are calling for his head. They are 11th in the league.

It's a shame that their premier league win couldn't just be enjoyed for what it was, a massive once in a life time season. Instead it seems to have given some of their fans a view that they are entitled to european football. Not that I expect that most of our fans would be any different if it happened to us mind.

Went in to the game yesterday quite confident of a win and came out pleased with the point. The worrying thing is that we have looked off the pace for a while now. When was the last time we really played well? Possibly the first half of the Palace game on 1st Jan. I fully expect us to run out of steam when european games start again.

That said, I said at the start of the season that a top half finish and a good run in the cups and the europa league would make a good season so can't be too disappointed with the season so far overall.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

I mean, the state of this being given as a goal Image

Only thing I can suggest is that Cresswell's goal was SO ludicrous, such a gift-wrapped present from nothing, that the universe required balance.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

It’s a conspiracy by The Man to keep us out of the top 4.

Oh, hang on…
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Some comical Leicester fans in that OV.

They were like a timid lamb in the first half.

2nd half all the did was knock the ball up to Barnes who had the run on Coufal (who Moyes eventually changed for Fredricks.) They’re trying to make out they played some sort of amazing football? Err, right, good luck with that lads. The league table is telling.

We let them back in the game and Bowen’s goal was better than anything they served up.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

They really don’t like Vestegard do they? :shock:

Also that last comment on the OV. What a tit. Meme of a club ffs. A league title and an FA Cup in the last 6 years or whatever it is. Give your head a wobble.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:59 pm "VAR looking after the top six as usual. Chris Kavanagh's is a knob head, never likes us."
- bluefox1

It appears to me that every clubs football fans say the same thing about everything
Does this mean VAR looks after us now?

Have we made it.