Leicester City 2-2 West Ham Utd (13/2/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Re: ⚽ Leicester City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Vic_Watson »

Aceface wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:08 pm I mean, the state of this being given as a goal
I know. Can't ever say VAR is against us again.

:crylol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Pete647580
Has liked: 1203 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:23 pm The opposition view: Leicester City
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136703
Mozart Fox wins post of the weekend.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Ludeksgloves wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:17 am Antonio is starting to worry me. Where was he yesterday? He's been missing for a few games now. The fact we can't bench him, Call-ups for a nation on the other side of the planet and "new contract syndrome" seem to have created a perfect storm to severely impact his form. I love Antonio, but he needs to find another gear to get back to his early season form... Let's hope he's just saving it for the Europa League.
New contract, no competition, no one to push him to perform. He can continue to play 4/10 rated games, like he has since Jamaica wonder goal, and he won't be dropped. This is on Moyes and Antonio.

I pray he gets back in form but to me, he has been one of the worst forwards in the league for a good few months now. I saw it on his face when he was taking that late throw in as well. No desire or excitement there now.

If only we had another striker. I'd put Vlasic up front, or Bowen and put Fornals RW and Benny LW.

Starting to play through the middle like we know Lanzini and Vlasic can do would ****ing help instead of pass down wing, cross, repeat.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Antonio creates big chance for Bowen in the second half through tireless and smart play on the left. Also made a chance for Fornals having countered really well and carried the ball.

He made runs in that game, the service was just absolute toilet. Cresswell's crossing was awful, Fornals not much better. In the second half, we basically couldn't handle having the ball in our own half till Leicester backed off.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

He has his moments, 2-3 a game at times. Most the time, he can't control, can't play with CB on his back, gives ball away when trying to control, usually to the DM who goes to help the CB.

When he has space he can do a run, then make a decent pass on occasion. But all teams keep close, pressure him and make him a 4 out of 10 player for most a game. He needs to be rushing forward on a counter with players making space for him. We do not do that any more because everyone has us sussed out.

He needs a rest and competition to give him a kick up the arse, because god knows we know he is capable of it. But even moving up to a 6/10 player would be a huge boost to us. With this system and squad though, that will be tough.

An adrenaline boost to press, pass, move side of game would solve this. Just watch Southampton's last two games, perfect example of how to pass and move and create great space and chances.
Pete647580

Post by Pete647580 »

I wonder how much of Antonio's loss of form is down to him deliberately (and unconsciously) protecting his hamstrings. He used to be all about explosive power, now he just seems much more 'careful'. I'm not suggesting he's being a wimp - I think he's under direct guidance from the medics and fitness experts to adopt this approach.

All this is pure speculation on my part, btw.
Pete647580

Post by Pete647580 »

I wonder how much of Antonio's loss of form is down to him deliberately (and unconsciously) protecting his hamstrings. He used to be all about explosive power, now he just seems much more 'careful'. I'm not suggesting he's being a wimp - I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that he's under direct guidance from the medics and fitness experts to adopt this approach.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Pete647580 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:25 pm I wonder how much of Antonio's loss of form is down to him deliberately (and unconsciously) protecting his hamstrings. He used to be all about explosive power, now he just seems much more 'careful'. I'm not suggesting he's being a wimp - I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that he's under direct guidance from the medics and fitness experts to adopt this approach.
Could be. I remember yonks ago that Steve Potts was advised to adopt a different running style as he apparently was in danger of snapping his hamstrings. Although that was I think a Harry Redknapp story so probably not true.
Xabbu
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Xabbu »

Leicester moaning about how they basically won the league, ironic and full of self importance
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Pete647580 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:25 pm I wonder how much of Antonio's loss of form is down to him deliberately (and unconsciously) protecting his hamstrings. He used to be all about explosive power, now he just seems much more 'careful'. I'm not suggesting he's being a wimp - I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that he's under direct guidance from the medics and fitness experts to adopt this approach.
Makes sense. Antonio doesn’t deserve all the stock he is getting, in my opinion.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Knorr in mine
Paolopaul
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 301 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

Xabbu wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:48 pm Leicester moaning about how they basically won the league, ironic and full of self importance
Imagine supporting a team who have gone from mid table championship to winning the premier league and the FA Cup… and still moaning about the team and not enjoying watching football.

What Vestergaard was supposed to do about Amartey losing a header to a Dawson handball I’m not sure, but they’ve clearly decided he’s at fault for everything.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Leicester City 2-2 West Ham Utd: Analysis & Review (by Jack Elderton)
https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44263
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Multiple things I reckon, Pete.

a. Protecting his fitness;
b. The travel;
c. Moyes reluctance to change the team;
d. Players in the supply line totally losing their way ;
e. Opposition treating us differently - they are more circumspect now, we don't offer up surprises in selection and no one disrespects the team as one they will batter - not even Man City or Liverpool;

West Ham were casually dismissed as a bit crap for an eternity, but that's not the way the opposition see a fixture against us any more. Every one is more defensively switched on against us.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 210 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:59 pm "VAR looking after the top six as usual. Chris Kavanagh's is a knob head, never likes us."
- bluefox1

It appears to me that every clubs football fans say the same thing about everything
Because we all think the world is against us :crylol: the reality is, that it’s not. I’d be pretty confident that VAR decisions have won us more points than lost.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Feel sorry for Antonio and think he’s given such a hard time. He’s crying out for a rest and some support (he even said it himself), but he’s getting neither. He’s been working off scraps in recent weeks/months with stupid, pointless, half-arsed balls getting pumped up to him and he’s been flogged to death by us, especially after having travelled half way round the world on international duty. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sometimes playing within himself to protect his muscles/injuries and I don’t really blame him.

I hope he has another purple patch before the end of the season and fires us to top six. I also don’t think he was as bad yesterday as people are making out.

Still love you, Antonio!
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:05 pm Knorr in mine
Souper post! Puree genius! You are a consomme professional.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Both FBs feature as worst XI of the week statistically.

Football365: Spurs fall-guy and Leeds pair feature in Premier League's worst XI of the weekend....
https://www.football365.com/news/spurs- ... s-worst-xi
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

I thought Antonio played well. At least 3 occasions he was a big part of us creating something. I think it's clear from the above stats on our full backs, why he was isolated at other times.