West Ham Utd 1-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (27/2/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Wolverhampton Wanderers: match thread

Post by hammers92 »

I8CHAVS wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:13 am Lots sitting in the home end looking at the oppo view there
As long as people behave and respect the fans around them I’ve never had an issue with it. I’ve done it a load of times with West Ham.

It’s the ones who openly wear the other club’s clothes where they need a stern talking to.
Ethanadict
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 250 likes

Post by Ethanadict »

I do love the OV, it's a proper insight into what teams fans are like. A few gave West ham some credit, but most were the one-eyed type that entirely blamed their own team for playing badly, or the manager's team selection.

We can be guilty of this too. Many thought we played badly against Newcastle but we probably didn't give them enough credit in my opinion, as they're a good side these days.

I believe in the phrase "You play as well as you're allowed to play". I thought yesterday was as good a West Ham performance as I've seen for a while. Wolves are a good side and yet many of our players won their personal battles. We really deserved to have scored a couple of goals in the first half.

The best team won yesterday, and they don't like it.
nt_hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by nt_hammer »

Very impressive result in the end and, despite what the OV is, I felt we dominated the game in large parts and could have put Wolves to bed much earlier, had we been more clinical.

A tricky mid week trip to Soton followed by a late game at Liverpool will show just how much we are back on track!
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

Ethanadict wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:33 pm I do love the OV, it's a proper insight into what teams fans are like. A few gave West ham some credit, but most were the one-eyed type that entirely blamed their own team for playing badly, or the manager's team selection.

We can be guilty of this too. Many thought we played badly against Newcastle but we probably didn't give them enough credit in my opinion, as they're a good side these days.

I believe in the phrase "You play as well as you're allowed to play". I thought yesterday was as good a West Ham performance as I've seen for a while. Wolves are a good side and yet many of our players won their personal battles. We really deserved to have scored a couple of goals in the first half.

The best team won yesterday, and they don't like it.
The one thing thats the same with all the OV is how poor our stadium is and i find myself nodding at everyone i read !
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

There's always one isn't there?

"Sure we never had it as good? **** off again with grade D ****e with poor poor players. Try and happy clap your way around that mess today. Donk, Saiss, Coady, Hoover, Marcal, Trincao, Hwang all a ball of ****e and should be sent to West Brom. Oh we never had it as good so these players who don’t give a **** are quality! Clear out needed, starting with the owners!"
- jonesy

Obviously has only started supporting them in the last 3/4 year. Wally.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Only the season before last Wolves had finished 7th for 2 consecutive seasons. Making it all the way to the quarter finals of the Europa when they ironically got knocked out by the eventual winners, Sevilla. Even this season they are on course to finish no worse than 8th place. They are no mugs.

The fact we could well finish above them for the 2nd season running after only staying in the League the last season they finished 7th shows how much progress we’ve made under the Moyesiah! :newthumb:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:47 am The oppoosition view: Wolverhampton Wanderers
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136739
Where does 'Blackpool Wolf' think our fans are travelling in from? So, we weren't mobbing Paddington? Err....
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:58 am Tell yer what? Wolves got well and truly shafted for that Fabio Silva. Was glad to see his name on the starting eleven. He was equally inept when he came on for them last season. £32m they paid for him and the geezers ****ing useless
Got to agree with you puff. Bought as a promising young talent 3 years ago has never showed he's a premier league footballer. Trying to outmuscle Kurt Zouma? What sort of plan is that? Dendonker as well. we all cried over not getting him, but he really looks bang average every time I see him. Perhaps Stuart Pearce knew what he was talking about
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

funky chicken wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:19 pm Only the season before last Wolves had finished 7th for 2 consecutive seasons. Making it all the way to the quarter finals of the Europa when they ironically got knocked out by the eventual winners, Sevilla. Even this season they are on course to finish no worse than 8th place. They are no mugs.

The fact we could well finish above them for the 2nd season running after only staying in the League the last season they finished 7th shows how much progress we’ve made under the Moyesiah! :newthumb:
Agree, but alternatively it could show how badly we were doing that we allowed them to gain European football over us.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1935 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

goa127 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:53 pm Got to agree with you puff. Bought as a promising young talent 3 years ago has never showed he's a premier league footballer. Trying to outmuscle Kurt Zouma? What sort of plan is that? Dendonker as well. we all cried over not getting him, but he really looks bang average every time I see him. Perhaps Stuart Pearce knew what he was talking about
It was odd seeing Dendoncker and Hwang playing for Wolves when they so easily could have been playing for us.

Neither impressed me.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Have to agree with OV both teams were very poor, I don't think we played well.
MrHammer73
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

likemydreams wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:46 pm The one thing thats the same with all the OV is how poor our stadium is and i find myself nodding at everyone i read !
Exactly. Such a shame that a football club with our history/unwavering support has ended up playing our homes games in that thing.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

likemydreams wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:46 pm The one thing thats the same with all the OV is how poor our stadium is and i find myself nodding at everyone i read !
When teams win at stratford they are far less critical. It's now part of urban folklore that the london Stadium is crap and West Ham's record there is poor. Many people do actually think it's crap (not me) but our record there is pretty decent. Even in the bad seasons we collected more points at home than away, just not enough of either. Atmosphere was subdued this week but has been really good most games this season. I think we were all expecting the last minute equaliser!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

was there no game breakdown from Jack this week, or did I miss it ?

cheers
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

The bowl is poor fir football but we have to make the best of the ***** bowl !
Will only improve when they bring the east stand and west tand nearer the pitch . Long wait I fear

In the meantime we have to play there so let's up the volume
Atmosphere was poor again. Outsung by wolves and Newcastle recently. Poor .
jackelderton
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by jackelderton »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:38 pm was there no game breakdown from Jack this week, or did I miss it ?

cheers
https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44278 :)