The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by hammerman11 »

GP I make you wrong on that. moyes has said he is not done and we all can see we need a few more.

payet - no thanks at 35 overweight and slow he is not what we need. loved him first season but no going back.

the CM we need to add creativity is maddison but can we afford him at around 50-60m. a real statement of intent. would love it but cant see it.

4 more in at LB CB kehrer today ? CM and RW

I am happy to keep benrahma especially after he upped his levels yesterday, no coincidence as he has competition in cornet for his place. we need competition at RW for bowen .

LB is the most concerning that it seems to have gone quiet.

come on WHU surprise us this week with a few players in.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Georgee Paris wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:51 am :winker: I think our business is done and we will make do with what we’ve got.
Nah, I think we'll sign six and we need them all in before we play Viborg or else we'll crash out of the ECL and then look less attractive.

Also sell benrahma 20m coufal 3m bowen 35m souchek 25m but nobody wants our sloppy seconds!!
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Can we not have Alonso instead?
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

surely we complete the kehrer deal today ?

would leave 3 to go !

LB CM RW
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1364 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:19 pm "The Only Thing We Learn From History Is That We Learn Nothing From History."

We’ll never know, but it’s 4 times now we’ve been close to the CL places in January, 4 times we’ve failed to invest, and 4 times we’ve failed to make the Top4. The January window isn’t easy, but Cl group participation earns more than winning the Europa with about £75m on the table for any sort of decent CL run, so at what point do we stop the excuses, the reasons why not and accept we simply have to do better in the transfer market to progress ? Yes it’s difficult, but it’s not impossible as frequently as we now seem to want to believe.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Ben wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:10 am Can we not have Alonso instead?
No thanks, not someone we want at our club imo
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

That Gordon rumour £40 million just sums it all up, hyper inflation for a player who has done f*** all of note supposedly commands a fee anywhere near £40 million
Noble's Claret Army
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Noble's Claret Army »

EastVillageHammer wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:45 pm I have news, we are signing 3 players. Kehrer as reported elsewhere is done.
Chelsea’s left back, Emerson is signing for us - unsure if it’s a loan or permanent.
The last is Hans Vanaken from Brugge. He’s a Belgian international AM previously linked with Spurs and Arsenal.

Broja is still a possibility, likely on loan with an option.
Kehrer is a great signing but the other two are risky/mediocre signings. I guess we have tried to buy elite and are now going for plan B/C. Better than nobody I guess as we really need bodies in.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

Ben wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:10 am Can we not have Alonso instead?
He is a rubbish left back
Phil Parkes' Gloves
Has liked: 1148 likes
Total likes: 313 likes

Post by Phil Parkes' Gloves »

EastVillageHammer wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:45 pm I have news, we are signing 3 players. Kehrer as reported elsewhere is done.
Chelsea’s left back, Emerson is signing for us - unsure if it’s a loan or permanent.
The last is Hans Vanaken from Brugge. He’s a Belgian international AM previously linked with Spurs and Arsenal.

Broja is still a possibility, likely on loan with an option.
Any chance they're trying to push Emeson through quickly? We go into Thursday with no left-backs so it would be good to have him in ASAP (i.e. today) to give him a couple of days with the squad.

Otherwise I guess it's Johnson at left back and... um... Baptiste at centre back?

Can't actually believe we've allowed ourselves to get into this position, in all honesty.
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

61dicksey wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:19 am That Gordon rumour £40 million just sums it all up, hyper inflation for a player who has done **** all of note supposedly commands a fee anywhere near £40 million
As an interesting thought experiment for the day ahead, who's done more and who's done less out of the three of Gordon, Gallagher, and Broja?

I wouldn't have any of the three at the quoted prices for them, I think they're all prospects who still need to show more before they can command those kinds of fees. Out of the three I'd say Gallagher had shown the most, but equally don't think he's going to end up much beyond the Huckerby Zone between the Championship and Premier League.

I think clubs and fans - ourselves included - are too quick to overrate youngsters on the back of a handful of good performances. We did it with Oxford, we're possibly doing it with Johnson - who I think is good but I don't think is better than either our current LB or RB - and we've certainly done it with others through the years. A lot of it is the 'one of our own' side of things, I suspect, coupled with an element of the unknown in terms of what their future will hold.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4741 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Phil Parkes' Gloves wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:21 am Any chance they're trying to push Emeson through quickly? We go into Thursday with no left-backs so it would be good to have him in ASAP (i.e. today) to give him a couple of days with the squad.

Otherwise I guess it's Johnson at left back and... um... Baptiste at centre back?

Can't actually believe we've allowed ourselves to get into this position, in all honesty.
Liverpool were playing Henderson and Fabinho at CB a while back. Injuries happen.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 575 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

I’m not sure a 6’5 CAM is what we need, but then I’m not David Moyes.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

not sure emerson is what we need. 28 in august so a few years left in the tank.

whats happened to pellegrini ? justin ? sosa ?
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3049 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Emerson and Vanaken would be signings that signal "Sh*t, we're in trouble and need quick help."

They're NOT Top10 talent.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

I am willing to wait until the end of the month to assess the lay of the land, but nevertheless, my early window optimism has been diminished somewhat.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Vanaken and Emerson don't strike me as long term signings nor upgrades.

It looks like it's going to be bloody difficult spending that Rice money next summer
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Croydon »

When does the window close this yèar?
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1364 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Noble's Claret Army wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:20 am Kehrer is a great signing but the other two are risky/mediocre signings. I guess we have tried to buy elite and are now going for plan B/C. Better than nobody I guess as we really need bodies in.
Kehrer improves us, Vanaken and Emerson seem totally at odds with all Moyes has said about only wanting Top6 standard players, “ young & hungry” etc. Obviously none of us really know what the money position is, but I’d far rather we went for younger players on the up than reverting to “ last pay day”deals. Scamacca Cornet & Aguerd have the profile we need, Emerson and co not in my opinion. No doubt we’ll hear more on the difficulties of this, and every other window, but for a club knowing the number of players leaving, ageing, or presumably on the list to be sold ( Aguerd injury is the only unforseeable) names like Emerson and Vanaken at this stage suggest the planning, initial assessments and contingencies were insufficient. Hope these names are false speculation, we’ve done 50% of the job well, it would be reversion to “ Old West Ham” to screw up the rest.
YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:34 am Emerson and Vanaken would be signings that signal "Sh*t, we're in trouble and need quick help."

They're NOT Top10 talent.
Have you not been paying attention, Dussel?!? We are in trouble, we're staring relegation in the face, about to be knocked out of Europe by some Danish side that have a name which sounds like a sex toy, Warburton has been added to the back room staff because Moyes doesn't say yes to everything Sullivan wants so he's going to be sacked, and we'll probably go out of the League Cup to Stevenage next month. It's PANIC STATIONS.