The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by kitthehammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

yakandyeti wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:54 pm They can sign for a new club in the same league in last month of their contract.
I am not sure that is true, the FA rules are clear that a player can only be registered to one club at a time. What they do allow is a player whose contract is expiring to talk to other clubs in the last month so you can negotiate with them but that is very different to signing a contract.

The rules involving international transfers are different as they are not governed by the FA.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Soucek's limitations are the same as Kouyate's - very limited passer, ungainly in possession, not suited to a short, quick passing game, or acting as a ball-carrier....

His strengths are that he is good in the air and good at breaking up opposition play - tackles, interceptions, clearances etc . He chips in with some goals. Kouyate's same strengths back in the day. kouyate first two seasons scored 4 and 5. Last season Soucek got 5.

We have conceded more goals over the last two years than we did between 2014-2016 so there's some rose-tinting going on about 'tracking back' and such like, especially when we supposedly have the world's best DM playing every week.

The whole conversation about recruiting Phillips, Ward_Prowse etc arises from how poor we sometimes are with the ball - which was the justification for offloading Kouyate and is unmistakably levelled at Soucek in our midfield.

When Soucek does not play, we do not miss his passing - but we do miss the height in each penalty box more than anything else.

The choice for a third DM/CM is either we want a better all round player than Soucek who will offer more on the ball and something similar defensively or we take on someone similar who will at least offer the same strengths even if they share limitations in possession.

The budget obviously dictates what we go for.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

Wilko1304 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:16 pm There are certainly valid concerns to be had about a player, their views, representing the club.

But this thread would not appear to have the ability to discuss it with nuance (evidence: every page of every single one of these threads, every window, ever). Certainly not when it brings in some who seem to wait for these topics, and then appear fresh with "takes"

So, let's move on from the political and social issues. If there is a time when signing Kouyate or Sarr looks genuinely likely, I am sure we can come up with a thread for you.

:kumb:
That's a lot of words to say stop with the off topic **** you bunch of warts, isn't it? :chin:

Way too much diplomacy for my liking.

Anyway, we've not even been linked with him, so no need for all the Kouyate spiel. Use the bits and pieces thread and take it off 'ere.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 319 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:14 pm ……
We have conceded more goals over the last two years than we did between 2014-2016 so there's some rose-tinting going on about 'tracking back' and such like, especially when we supposedly have the world's best DM playing every week.
……
Contentious that …

Some say Rice is not a DM others just wish he played there because last season he did not.

Thing is the Kouyate of the first two seasons was very different indeed from the Kouyate of the last two when he should have been approaching his peak.

The initial Kouyate was a top player (thus the rumoured interest from Spurs etc), far more comparable to Soucek, the Kouyate of the last two was poor and if anything getting poorer.

I doubt at his age we are going to see a return to the former thus we should generally avoid.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

Gsbgsb wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:21 pm Contentious that …

Some say Rice is not a DM others just wish he played there because last season he did not.

Thing is the Kouyate of the first two seasons was very different indeed from the Kouyate of the last two when he should have been approaching his peak.

The initial Kouyate was a top player (thus the rumoured interest from Spurs etc), far more comparable to Soucek, the Kouyate of the last two was poor and if anything getting poorer.

I doubt at his age we are going to see a return to the former thus we should generally avoid.
Who cares? it's not relevant to this thread. Anymore posts will now be deleted. Wilko asked you a few pages back, I'm asking again.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Puncher12 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:24 pm I don't think anyone disagrees but if you go and spend 40m on Danjuma and then 30m on Broja, we've no money left for a CM or LB which we also desperately need.

Everyone wants proper solutions but we also don't have a bottomless pit of money either and won't get much money for the deadweight we're trying to flog like Masuaku, Randolph etc.
No money left? I wouldn't believe a word of it. The 3 Leeches have the money, it's whether they have the will or expertise to spend it.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

Mullhull wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:35 pm Pezza has already said we are looking at 9 players. 9 players! Is that not enough for you?
Happy to be proved wrong, but has Pezza ever given even the slightest indication that he genuinely has inside knowledge?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Bristoliron338
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Bristoliron338 »

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Puncher12
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Puncher12 »

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I think Sullivan should bully Moyes into taking Danjuma
Bristoliron338
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Bristoliron338 »

Last edited by -DL- on Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Get on Twitter and ask him yourself.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1982 likes
Total likes: 4728 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Scratchy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:27 pm Happy to be proved wrong, but has Pezza ever given even the slightest indication that he genuinely has inside knowledge?
He wouldn't be able to post stuff like he does if he didn't.

I'm fairly sure any and all ITKs get verified by the boss or their posts are removed. You can't just come on here and spew nonsense or it would we everywhere!
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1982 likes
Total likes: 4728 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:32 pm I think Sullivan should bully Moyes into taking Danjuma
You believe that swill? :lol:
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:32 pm I think Sullivan should bully Moyes into taking Danjuma
Don't care who the player is, if Sullivan wants him I don't
The manager knows best. The other part in it know f*** all about football
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:43 pm You believe that swill? :lol:
I tell you what I do think, that sometimes Moyes does need a rocket up his bum
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 1849 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Richarlison 43 in 135
Jesus 38 in 120
DCL 40 in 121

Above are the player's respective Premier League goalscoring records since turning 21 (luckily they all did so within weeks of each other!).

Interesting that the first two are going for, depending on your media source, £45-55m this summer yet a lot of us thought something around £50m for DCL seemed excessive when there were rumours earlier in the summer.

Not necessarily suggesting he's the guy for us but just thought it was odd to have 3 such similar examples to look at to see where the market is these days.