The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1778 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by hammers92 »

If Conte wants rid of a full back when he dreams of defending in his sleep then no thanks. Our defenders are asked to defend and he’s proven himself to be a liability at times in the Premier League.

Also not keen on Emerson but I’m getting the increased feeling Cornet will be asked to do Cresswell’s running for one more year.

Actually think a bit of creativity in the middle is now our biggest priority.
goa127
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Colours never run wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:41 pm The boy literally plays with string attached to the ball.
Think that might be against the rules :smiler:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

IronZ-79 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:23 pm Would we turn down Son or Kane if we ever had the opportunity? I know we would never get either but seriously just because its Spurs is a bit lame.
Yeah. f*** em!
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

IronZ-79 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:23 pm Would we turn down Son or Kane if we ever had the opportunity? I know we would never get either but seriously just because its Spurs is a bit lame.
Yeah - with bells on. Pair of cheating c****.
Missing Nickel
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Missing Nickel »

I would be surprised to see Reguillon turn up here given his antics last season against us and the fact that we don’t really buy from spurs. I think Emerson is coming with his wages subsidized by Chelsea to get him off their books (like Zouma last season).

Kehrer was told we’re switching to a back three (according to DusseldorfHammer). I think our defence and midfield will look like this once the window closes:

GK: Fabianski/Areola
RWB: Coufal/Ashby
RCB: Johnson/Kehrer
CB: Zouma/Dawson
LCB: Aguerd/Cresswell/Ogbonna
LWB: Emerson/Cornet
RCM: Soucek/Vanaken
LCM: Rice/Downes

And then an interchangeable front 3 made up of these 6 players:
Antonio
Scamacca
Bowen
Fornals
Benrahma
Lanzini

That’s a pretty well balanced squad with two players per position. Plenty of cover and versatility in every department. And we’re nearly there, just Vanaken and a LWB needed.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1964 likes
Total likes: 1649 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

goa127 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:26 pm Think that might be against the rules :smiler:
CNR still hasn't gotten used to the ball not having a bladder either !!!!!

:crylol:
Mr Green Genes
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Mr Green Genes »

I personally find the idea that we shouldn't deal with them (or Arsenal or Chelsea) just because of who they are to be frankly pathetic.

I always particularly love it when we beat certain teams (the above plus Manure and one or two others) but apart from that, really???

If Regulion becomes available, we should treat considering him on its merits. If he fits, if he is what we want, we should go for him. If not, leave him alone. Not to consider him just because he plays for a club we dislike is beyond parody.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

1) Reguilon is not a reliable performer in the Prem imho.
2) He throws tantrums punching and kicking when he loses the ball.
3) He's constantly in the ref's face screaming he's been wronged.
4) He snidely slapped one of our players less than a year ago and for no reason steamed up to another one.
5) He has a really annoying mole on his face.

Not just coz he's a Spud (but it helps I admit). I'm out.
WCpete
Has liked: 1464 likes
Total likes: 3152 likes

Post by WCpete »

Missing Nickel wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:29 pm Kehrer was told we’re switching to a back three (according to DusseldorfHammer). I think our defence and midfield will look like this once the window closes:

RCB: Johnson/Kehrer
Surely Kehrer starts ahead of Johnson. I'd put him in ahead of Johnson this weekend if it were possible.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1778 likes

Post by hammers92 »

WCpete wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:37 pm Surely Kehrer starts ahead of Johnson. I'd put him in ahead of Johnson this weekend if it were possible.
Has Johnson done anything wrong to warrant being dropped? If anything, he takes Coufal’s place and Kehrer slots in at CB.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 500 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Mr Green Genes wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:32 pm I personally find the idea that we shouldn't deal with them (or Arsenal or Chelsea) just because of who they are to be frankly pathetic.

I always particularly love it when we beat certain teams (the above plus Manure and one or two others) but apart from that, really???

If Regulion becomes available, we should treat considering him on its merits. If he fits, if he is what we want, we should go for him. If not, leave him alone. Not to consider him just because he plays for a club we dislike is beyond parody.
100%!!!
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

Mr Green Genes wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:32 pm I personally find the idea that we shouldn't deal with them (or Arsenal or Chelsea) just because of who they are to be frankly pathetic.
Levy allegedly tried to tap phones and have West Ham employees surveilled by private investigators, geed up the legal action against owning the OS, and tried to ratfuck us on the pitch by nixing a deadline deal for Adebayor. It’s not because of a football rivalry that we don’t deal with them, it’s because of previous behaviour.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 970 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

hammers92 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:38 pm Has Johnson done anything wrong to warrant being dropped? If anything, he takes Coufal’s place and Kehrer slots in at CB.
If we play a back 4 this is what should happen this weekend. I think we might be edging towards a back 3 long term though.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

I've got no particular problem dealing with Spurs. If Sullivan wants to lock horns then crack on.

My issue is with the particular players discussed: Reguillon, Son and Kane. They are all snides.

To me, Kane is an embarrassment as England captain.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

To me, Kane is an embarrassment as England captain.

Totally agree.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Lovejoy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:42 pm If we play a back 4 this is what should happen this weekend. I think we might be edging towards a back 3 long term though.
Moyes plays a back 4 95% of the time. He ain’t changing now he’s approaching 60.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Once anything has been rinsed through the Spurs machinery it's forever tainted. No good can ever come from dealing with those north London slags.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1077 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Wilko1304 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:31 pm If you have multiple roles to fill, but limited squad spaces, Maitland-Niles and Kehrer are two very useful signings.

AMN - RB, LB, CM
TK - RB, LB, CB, CM

I'd take Maitland-Niles, he's not been treated well by Arsenal and I can imagine his love for the game has taken a hit. But I'm sure there are more who get a move and fall back in love with it than there are Deles or Michael Johnsons who just don't.

And if there's one thing we do have under Moyes, it appears to be a very good team spirit. I'd back us to make him feel joy about football again.
His carrot is essentially that he has 12 months to take Rice's spot next season or boot Soucek out of the team and forn a good relationship with Englands number 1 CM.

While I think it's pretty much nailed on.that JWP replaces Declan here next year, AMN has a chance to make his case.

His versatility as a WB can also be useful if we move to that system.

Still feels like we're looking for 2 CMs...loan cover for Soucek and then the big Belgian to compete with Lanzini / Fornals in a 4 3 3 / 4 2 3 1

His biggest issue is he doesn't smile much and we know what some are like...
WCpete
Has liked: 1464 likes
Total likes: 3152 likes

Post by WCpete »

hammers92 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:38 pm Has Johnson done anything wrong to warrant being dropped? If anything, he takes Coufal’s place and Kehrer slots in at CB.
He's been fine. Likes to wander wide a bit, but he's been fine. Nevertheless, I'd much prefer to get Kehrer in the CB sooner than later. If he's what he's supposed to be then let Johnson go wide and fight it out with Vlad. Don't really consider it dropping per se. He's been deputizing because we only had 1 CB. We have another. I want him to play.
Last edited by WCpete on Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diogenes
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Post by Diogenes »

For West Ham, this transfer window really is Catch 22.
The problem we have is that we, the manager, coaches and board would like to sign up players who can help us get in to the Champions League. However, generally, those particular players would prefer to go to those clubs already in the Champions League or who offer them the best chance of playing there. Unfortunately, lets be really honest, that isn't us is it?

Apart from the top 6 and similar clubs in Europe I cannot name any player who is good enough for that type of team 'now', not potential, who has signed for the great unwashed. I'm pretty sure we have really attempted to sign a few of those players up, naively IMVHO.

Given that scenario, there is really only one route. Sign up those players who at least can help you keep knocking at that door, whilst trying to nab the future potential. The latter point is also difficult because it is a) a big money gamble and b) the big boys can often afford to name those too and loan them out etc. Hobson's choice very often.