The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Gsbgsb »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:24 am I agree Bubbles. Diop is a decent ayer IMHO and has been messed about a bit

That seems to be one of Moyes' failings. If your face doesn't fit then there is not much scope to improve your position in the eyes of the manager. You know you are not ever really going to be in his good books whatever you do. He is pretty old skool in that respect. My way or the highway. This obviously benefits some players and can be q positive when all going well but also clearly hinders other players qnd creates issues when things not so rosy

Think Vlasic, Diop, Benny, Kral, Haller etc

Whereas 'blood and snotters' types (Dawson, Creswell, Soucek, fornals to q certain extent) are clear favourite
I suspect 6th and 7th in consecutive seasons might suggest which option is “clear favourite”. The traditional “soft centre” West Ham hardly achieved this.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

I expect Diop and Vlasic out this week with hopefully Szalai signed in time for Forest
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Szalai in surely.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Every single time iv seen Szalai play he's been the absolute b******* would love him here
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Forget yesterday, firstly it was Citeh, secondly nowhere near the side Moyes wants. But we need his side in the next fortnight to avoid playing catch up.
Said it on the Forest thread I think he wants to be able to go 3 4 3 or 4 3 3 rather than always 4 231. Bowen Scamacca and Cornet give him a fast mobile front line, we need to add another pacy attacker to Antonio for the bench and rotation. As a few have said on here Benny is fast losing confidence and interest, he was never Moyes man, if Forest pony up £25m let him go, but too late for Sunday 😉
Replace him with someone like Deng from Marseille or the lad in the news from PSG.
Moyes goes for big athletes more than artists, a cm who is a better footballer than Soucek changes the balance, I think that was the medium term Onana plan, with that gone Sangare or Fofana who looked very strong for Lens against us are ideal, physicality is still there, passing rates much better, Soucek stays plus the new boy with Declan to give us rotation, Downes being 4 th choice to see how he develops.
Our biggest issues are at the back, time has caught up with us, even if Aguerd was fit we have two ageing cbs in Oggy & Daws, and Diop has checked out, annoying as I think he’d be ideal as right of 3 quick cb’s in a higher line. We need at least one quality Cb in now, so Szalai or maybe Milenkovic this week please, not the injury prone error riddled freebie Zagadou however much “ freebie” tempts Sullivan!
Still most importantly for me is the need for a far more athletic lb / lwb, Cress was OK ish yesterday because Citeh focussed on our right very cleverly negating Bowen as an attacking threat, but while he can still do a support role against lesser opposition Cress is nowhere near a Top8 squad, he’s been a great servant but time waits for no man, we have to replace him now.
Ideally we can sell Diop, Benny, Vlasic, Randolph & Coventry to raise best part of £50m. Presuming there’s somewhere around £30-40m left ( if not where was Onana cash from ) we might just about get Deng, Sangare, Szalai and Sosa in a perfect world, giving Moyes a dramatically stronger squad than he’s ever had here.
The last minute substitutions of Downes and Coventry were a clear signal yesterday, Moyes knows we have money, and his patience is running out, I’d expect some activity this week.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Vlasic hasn't done anything bad enough to suggest he shouldn't be getting a chance in a position that others are doing nothing to cement. Infact, I actually like the fact Vlasic is capable of offering a threat and arriving into the box. It's ridiculous how underused he's been. To snub him for the likes of Coventry Yesterday is madness.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Don't really know anything about Szalai but he looks like a nutcase so for that reason get him in.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:24 am I agree Bubbles. Diop is a decent ayer IMHO and has been messed about a bit

That seems to be one of Moyes' failings. If your face doesn't fit then there is not much scope to improve your position in the eyes of the manager. You know you are not ever really going to be in his good books whatever you do. He is pretty old skool in that respect. My way or the highway. This obviously benefits some players and can be q positive when all going well but also clearly hinders other players qnd creates issues when things not so rosy

Think Vlasic, Diop, Benny, Kral, Haller etc

Whereas 'blood and snotters' types (Dawson, Creswell, Soucek, fornals to q certain extent) are clear favourite
The issue for me is that it is short termism to move on a 25 year old CB first when we have older, injury prone ones at the club who are clearly reaching the point where their time is up. It most certainly would not have been my choice.

I sympathise about the characterisation of certain players. You know which players are almost a guarantee of an own goal or an opposition penalty in a big game.

I'm pretty disappointed with the way our defensive restructure has been dealt so far with this year.
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:24 am May as well sack him now then.
Or is he laying the foundations for a voluntary move?
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

HammerPDC wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:36 am Every single time iv seen Szalai play he's been the absolute b******* would love him here
I agree - I’m surprised his price is not higher
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:37 am Vlasic hasn't done anything bad enough to suggest he shouldn't be getting a chance in a position that others are doing nothing to cement. Infact, I actually like the fact Vlasic is capable of offering a threat and arriving into the box. It's ridiculous how underused he's been. To snub him for the likes of Coventry Yesterday is madness.
I agree but we have three players for the central attacking midfield role and he is the most likely to be sold oppose to Fornals or Lanzini.

One of those three out for a RW option makes more sense balance wise.
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Coady to Everton by all accounts

Trying to remain positive but can see this window fizzeling out
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

MD_HM wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:44 am I agree but we have three players for the central attacking midfield role and he is the most likely to be sold oppose to Fornals or Lanzini.

One of those three out for a RW option makes more sense balance wise.
just would be nice to see him given a go in that position , although it does seem his time has run out
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Gsbgsb wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:32 am I suspect 6th and 7th in consecutive seasons might suggest which option is “clear favourite”. The traditional “soft centre” West Ham hardly achieved this.
The team had a golden spell that lasted just over a year, but started to go off around about last November.

When Moyes talks openly about it all being a bit stale, then you have to consider what that means.

A failure to shake it up a little bit in January must come into play, and as others have alluded, if Scamacca is good enough now, why not January?

The players that have come in are a bit of a mixed bag, in my view. We've done good business to the front line, but huge doubts over what is going on with the midfield and back line.

This team continues to let in two goals at home on a regular basis and is on an atrocious run of results away from home.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Garry wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:07 am On sky man utd have been urged to buy sangre so if they go in for him thats us out even thou they are in a mess
Just to annoy them we should try and get Arnie back to piss them off :grin:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:24 am May as well sack him now then.

I'm sure Benitez is available.
Sully will be eyeing Pochettino
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Gsbgsb wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:32 am I suspect 6th and 7th in consecutive seasons might suggest which option is “clear favourite”. The traditional “soft centre” West Ham hardly achieved this.
And now we need to evolve, not stand still
We need to be better in possession and offer a more balanced attacking style
There is a middle ground between soft-centre and total reliance on pragmatism

Whatever the pathway, i would say Moyes needs to be able to manage squad players more effectively to ensure they stay motivated and committed and thus are able to play to their maximum ability when required - which given the physical and mental requirements of a 60 game season is a certainty. It is not sensible to alienate sections of your squad
leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by leer34 »

I know patience is not in fashion but this will more than likely be one of the biggest turnovers of players we have had for a while,
Going to be a bedding in period for a few and it might not be instant.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

ageing hammer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:51 am Sully will be eyeing Pochettino
Well we already have Sleeper Agent Warburton in the wings.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »