The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by HammerAl »

Bucksexile wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:11 pm Is that the same Brownhill that hm11 has been banging on about for weeks?

FFS
The same Brownhill that peaches said was the best CM in the world the other week!
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1408 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

norse wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:01 pm Hammers chat saying that we could be interested in Tielemans if Arsenal don't want him. Haven't seen his name linked to WH anywhere really, so it's probably just speculation / a wish.
Wanted Tielemans before he went to Leicester.

We need a Belgian.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 500 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

paulhs1 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:03 pm I'd take Tielemans, surprised we've never been linked to be honest
I've mentioned his name a couple times. Has a year left on his contract so reckon £20-25m might do it in terms of offer.

Whether the player himself is interested is another thing altogether.
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

He's a levels above the Brownhills, Gilmours out there for sure
NedN
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 613 likes

Post by NedN »

Bristoliron338 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:11 pm We should be all over that deal. Why are we not hijacking it? Didnt we supposedly bid 50m for philip and rafina last season?
I’d guess we’re probably not hijacking it because 1. We never were actually serious about getting Raphinha or Phillips in January and def not at 50 mill plus, and 2. Because he is likely going to prefer it there than here unless we offered a salary which would decimate our wage structure.

Agree on the potential benefit of signing some current Chelsea forwards though. I’m not entirely sure they are getting significantly better forward players than the ones they have if they make these rumoured signings, especially if their current players could be utilized better or put into a better environment. I think Raphinha and Sterling are maybe an improvement on their current crop, but I’m not sure how much of one they would be.
Doyley72
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Doyley72 »

NWhammer wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:11 pm I think that’s about right to be fair, I do think we need a player a level above him.

He may turn out to be class but if last year was evident, we need players who can make an instant impact.
So for about the same price, £15m, who do you go for? KLP, a young raw talent with bags of potential or a "steady eddie" in Brownhill who does a job, doesn't get injuried but probably isn't next level (decent squad player).

I know they are completely different players in different position but as we have a "budget" we can't buy both....can we?
Reg Stretch
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Reg Stretch »

Bristoliron338 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:07 pm Ok fine ill be quoting you at the end of the window.

What's happening with lingard. Are we getting the band back together then or no?
So you don’t know then ...sorry DON’T know then
GALF
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by GALF »

Tielemans would be very very good business but I cannot see it happening. I thought he was looking to leave Leicester for UCL football?

If he’s going at a similar price to Bissouma that, to me, is every part as good of a deal as Bissouma is at that price. I’d imagine he’d be asking for considerably more £ in wages though.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Sources have now confirmed to 90min that manager David Moyes, who has praised Lingard publicly on a number of occasions, is continuing to push West Ham's hierarchy towards concluding a deal, and is hopeful of a positive outcome.

Were West Ham to complete a deal for Lingard, he would likely become one of the highest paid players at the club, earning in excess of £100,000-per-week.

Newcastle, AC Milan and Atletico Madrid have all shown an interest in Lingard previously, who could command wages in excess of £100,000-per-week, but it's unlikely that the 29-year-old will join any of those clubs at this stage.

In addition to targeting Lingard, West Ham are actively pursuing moves for Keane Lewis-Potter and Armando Broja, while there's also a desire to reinforce in central midfield after the retirement of Mark Noble and end of Alex Kral's unsuccessful loan spell.

https://www.90min.com/posts/david-moyes ... e-lingard
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5669 likes
Total likes: 3085 likes

Post by MB »

IronZ-79 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:15 pm I've mentioned his name a couple times. Has a year left on his contract so reckon £20-25m might do it in terms of offer.

Whether the player himself is interested is another thing altogether.
He is quality, but also wants Champions League and big wages.
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by e20too »

NWhammer wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:11 pm I think that’s about right to be fair, I do think we need a player a level above him.

He may turn out to be class but if last year was evident, we need players who can make an instant impact.
I agree though in reality having bought one already (hopefully) we may only be able to afford one other of that quality without outgoings if as we feel and Moyes appears to agree we need another three or four players thereafter. To meet that agenda we will have to go for at least 2 cheapies, hopefuls or loanees perhaps 3 with our likely budget so depends on how he manipulates the cash relative to need and applies it accordingly. Got to be at least one hopeful punt on a youngster surely even with Moyes conservatism…. or maybe not. You maybe right in presuming midfield won’t be an area we will take a risk in however we do need reliable depth.
Last edited by e20too on Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

If Moyes true my wanted KLP I doubt Brentford would have beaten us

Tielmens looks like he is in the same wait pile as Hickey…
NWhammer
Has liked: 794 likes
Total likes: 1518 likes

Post by NWhammer »

Doyley72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:20 pm So for about the same price, £15m, who do you go for? KLP, a young raw talent with bags of potential or a "steady eddie" in Brownhill who does a job, doesn't get injuried but probably isn't next level (decent squad player).

I know they are completely different players in different position but as we have a "budget" we can't buy both....can we?
No one knows what the budget is. Danjuma is a level above KLP, they’re the sort of players we should be prioritising, ones who improve our first 11, I don’t think KLP improves us now.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1408 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Doyley72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:20 pm So for about the same price, £15m, who do you go for? KLP, a young raw talent with bags of potential or a "steady eddie" in Brownhill who does a job, doesn't get injuried but probably isn't next level (decent squad player).

We could, and should, sign both - for the roles they'd fill on the bench initially, or as first reserve, £15m is a good price and would deal with two of the signings in positions we are reported to want for another £30m total.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

bubbles1966 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:03 pm David Ornstein
@David_Ornstein
🚨 EXCL: Chelsea close to agreeing fee north of £55m with Leeds for Raphinha but not done yet. #CFC now best placed with #LUFC & 25yo as long-term favourites Barcelona can’t afford it at present + Arsenal not currently at required price
Match the price West Ham. Get involved. If we were gonna spend close to that for WARD-Prowse then may as well try our luck with him.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

MB wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:25 pm He is quality, but also wants Champions League and big wages.
Leicester look to be on a bit of a decline so you can see why Tielemans might want a new challenge. He is the type of player that would probably thrive with a club just outside of the top 4, so Gooners, us and Spurs most suited probably.

If we can find a way to get wages at £100k or less than for his age and profile he would definately add value.
Last edited by paulhs1 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Lewis-Potter should be coming in as a replacement for Vlasic imo.

Then we need a spare central midfielder, but I'd like us to go after one with more quality than Brownhill personally. Having said that. Left-back is a greater priority and Brownhill would be a big step-up on Kral.

I'd rather Loftus-Cheek on loan to be honest.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1673 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Colours never run wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:42 pm Match the price West Ham. Get involved. If we were gonna spend close to that for WARD-Prowse then may as well try our luck with him.
Well he's not coming to us over Chelsea or Arsenal and that would also be a complete waste of money when we need other positions in the team sorted.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5669 likes
Total likes: 3085 likes

Post by MB »

NWhammer wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:38 pm No one knows what the budget is. Danjuma is a level above KLP, they’re the sort of players we should be prioritising, ones who improve our first 11, I don’t think KLP improves us now.
Sign them both Lewis-Potter can play the 40% of games Danjuma misses every season...

I do think the attack is the place we can take a risk or two and back a youngster. Further back we absolutely need first team quality from the get go
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:48 pm Well he's not coming to us over Chelsea or Arsenal and that would also be a complete waste of money when we need other positions in the team sorted.
He'd be a complete waste of money at £55m? 😳

He'd be worth every penny and it still wouldn't break the bank for us. A creative tricky winger opposite to Bowen is what we need in any case, this one just so happens to be **** hot. And even if we didn't have a need for one, I'd still make room for exceptional talents. If you enjoyed Payet, you'd enjoy this fella too. What a forward line that would be.

Serious player.