The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Jonah »

We know what we need.
The team knows what we need.
The Managerial team know what we need.
Sports journalists/pundits know what we need.
The owners know what we need.

Equals = patch up an make do.

See you all in 5 months. :)
Pob!
Has liked: 1063 likes
Total likes: 695 likes

Post by Pob! »

I predict well over 2000 pages by the end of September.. :crylol:
Rust
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by Rust »

Herrrreeee we go.

We need to focus on signing young, British players imo. Our quota is on the brink with Noble, Cress, Randolph, Antonio all 30+. And our average age isn't great.

GK - Areola / Johnstone.

CB - depends on Diop's form between now and the end of the season, and Ogbonna's fitness. Diop doesn't suit our style of play to be fair, so I can see him going and us getting one in.

LB. We've needed one for ages. Someone fast, strong and has a good cross. I like Charlie Taylor.

CM - deep lying play maker. A big problem this season has been that when we have lots of possession, we don't know what to do with it. We need someone can spread the ball about. God knows who, mind.

AM - A match winning no.10. Lingard preferably.

ST - no idea who. Would love DCL.
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Multiple people speculating that we’ve got close to £100m to spend because ‘we saved it from January’ and we had the Europa income but we’ll have a net nil spend after we’ve sold one of our starting players….

Ps please not Sam Johnstone…
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

You can lock the thread now, we won't be signing anyone. It's the West Ham way
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Outs:
Randolph
Fredericks
Diop
Kral (end loan)
Noble (retired)
Masuaku
Yarmolenko

Ins:
Areola (made perm)
Livramento/Spence
Botman
Hickey
Kamara (free)
Gilmour (loan)
Madueke
Hlozek
Broja

Areola
Livramento/Spence Zouma Botman Hickey
Kamara Rice Soucek
Bowen Broja Madueke

Fabianski, Johnson, Coufal, Cresswell, Dawson, Ogbonna, Gilmour, Vlasic, Benrahma, Fornals, Lanzini, Hlozek & Antonio, plus some of the youngsters, all ready to challenge/fill in when required.

Average age of the squad down, plenty of pace on the flanks (which we’re crying out for right now), competition for places and the squad looking a lot more balanced.

I’m hm11 and I’m going to bed!
BigFatSam
Has liked: 208 likes
Total likes: 1085 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

hammer1975 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:45 pm Multiple people speculating that we’ve got close to £100m to spend because ‘we saved it from January’ and we had the Europa income but we’ll have a net nil spend after we’ve sold one of our starting players….

Ps please not Sam Johnstone…
100 million is nowhere near enough if we want to get the quality of player to get us into the top 4. That would be gone on 2 players. Made even more shocking if true that a 100 million budget is only because we didn’t spend anything in Jan :crylol:
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 125 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

Linked with Huddersfield Town central midfielder
Lewis O' Brien earlier this week, according to Teamtalk.
Leeds have been chasing him for some time but not prepared to pay the asking price. Said to have a £12m release clause.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

God I dread the next window! The expectation will be huge

We need
Gk Johnstone on a free
LB ? 20m
CB Lloyd Kelly 30m
CB tarkowski free
CM billing 20m
AM Potter Keane 20m
CF broja 35m
125m spend
Outs Martin Areola Randolph fredericks diop 15m masuaka 3m noble kral yarmolenko benrahma 20m
38m in plus wages

Net spend around 87m

So 100m net spend is possible.

Add Ashby alese longello Coventry okoflex Chesters perkins to the squad as well .
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

For me we need to strengthen the following positions:

- Goalkeeper;
- Left sided centre half;
- Left back;
- Central midfielder;
- Winger;
- Striker / Front 3 player.

We absolutely need a long term replacement for Fabianski, Ogbonna, Cresswell and Antonio, without question. Goalkeeper we may already have if Areola stays on a permanent. We need a central midfielder to compete with Rice and Soucek, so we have cover for both and can even be able to play 3 in the middle if we ever have to. We will be losing Yarmolenko in the summer and constantly have to play one of Fornals or Vlasic on the left. We need a player who can play out wide. Preferably with pace, as we haven’t got enough of that from our current attacking players. I put down striker/front 3 player as it depends on whether Moyes sees Bowen as a striker long term. If so getting another wide player who has the potential to play up front May be best. (E.g. Raphinha).

Looking at Moyes’ previous transfer dealings I’d expect 2-3 players to come in for a big(ish) fee. 1 being Areola if he stays (reportedly for £11m-12m). There may be 1-2 loans and 1-2 players in on a free. And he may botch up some positions by promoting some u23 players into the 1st squad. E.g. Trott for Randolph, Ashby for Fredericks, Coventry for Noble, maybe even Okoflex for Yarmolenko.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1832 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

So confident am I in our transfer strategy and my belief in Moyes’ insistence that he won’t just buy anyone, I’ll donate £10 to the current KUMB chosen charity for every one of Tarkowski, Lingard, Phillips, Raphinha, Nunez or Zapata that we sign.

Or instead the scattergun will be out for a whole new set of random targets!
lincolnhammer1963
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by lincolnhammer1963 »

I know we will have at least 130 to 150 million of money coming into the club.
I know we will have at least 300k a week taken off the wage bill.

What happens after that is anybody's guess.

Let's get to the Summer first before we all start speculating who's coming in
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 970 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

I hazard a guess whatever we do will be the bare minimum and we will 100% be left short again. We’re gonna need 6/7 think we’ll be lucky to get 2.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

So Moyes did state over the January window that some of his targets may not be available until the Summer.

I fully expect Tarkowski and perhaps Lingard to come in early doors. What I hope for is a well planned decisive window. I’m assuming targets are being identified as we speak so hopefully we go for our targets and if we get firm no’s we move on and dont linger like a needy chastened lover.

Get it done early.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 970 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

ironilunga wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:14 am So Moyes did state over the January window that some of his targets may not be available until the Summer.

I fully expect Tarkowski and perhaps Lingard to come in early doors. What I hope for is a well planned decisive window. I’m assuming targets are being identified as we speak so hopefully we go for our targets and if we get firm no’s we move on and dont linger like a needy chastened lover.

Get it done early.
Moyes used the same line last Jan about waiting till the summer, I don’t believe him. Fancy Linagrd to go spurs.
Hamburger
Has liked: 861 likes
Total likes: 444 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Impossible to speculate on players yet but both Lingard & Tarkowski will be 30 so according to Moyes policy, they're off the radar. All I know is that there are at least 3 teams with shed loads of money that are prepared to pay silly prices for PL players that we will be up against. Also our advantage of being in Europe in January was wasted as it is looking increasingly likely that that boat has sailed. So to actually build a FULL squad during 22/23 season, this is what we actually need imo -

2 Strikers (Antonio's last season as a starter)
2 LB (Cresswell's last season as a starter)
2 CB (possibly 3 if Diop sold)
1 DM (possibly 2 or 3 if Rice sold)
1 RB
1 RW (cover for Bowen)
1 GK (possibly 2 if Areola goes back)

So that's 10 players to find, possibly 14, over the next 2 windows and we bought 3 from the last 3 windows. Of course you could shave 2 or 3 off but we'd be in the same boat we are now with a skeleton squad. Coupled with dithering Dave's finicky 'right player' selection policy and refusal to use U23s, I would say Newman needs to get his finger out.

You can understand the excuse in years gone by that we never had the money - now we do and still struggle to sign decent players. But no need to worry, as with every one of Dave's windows there is always the next one or the one after that to build this 'team for tomorrow'. They do say however, tomorrow never comes.
Last edited by Hamburger on Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

we will be leass attractive come the summer as I doubt we will be in europe next season, better enjoy the EL whilst we are still in it !

2 Strikers (Antonio's last season as a starter) broja is surely our number one. done well in the PL 20 years old. bayo from clermont ? great goal last night !
2 LB (Cresswell's last season as a starter) we will buy one left back. charlie taylor from burnley but he is 28
2 CB (possibly 3 if Diop sold) lloyd kelly can also play LB, tarkowski
1 DM (possibly 2 or 3 if Rice sold) more likely billing than kalvin philips !
1 RB we have johnson coufal and ashby , so not needed.
1 RW (cover for Bowen) potter keane from hull looks good.
1 GK (possibly 2 if Areola goes back) sam johnstone on a free is surely the one they will go for . fab johnstone and anang is enough
I also expect lingard to turn up here but not sure if we should be doing this deal now as he will be 30. surely we want younger playersy

so 9 players in potentially !!
a lot of deadwood out as well. I hope we somehow scrape europe this season even the farmers conference thing !
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I think it will be good window - eventually. The trouble we'll have is attracting certain players if we end up finishing lower than a European place. The likes of Phillips, Raphinha, and even Kamara will be wanting a move to a higher placed team. So will some of the strikers we were in for. Unless of course we win the Europa or the FA Cup. The usual suspects will likely be options again... Tarkowski, Worrall, Kelly, Johnson, Keane-Potter, Broja.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

this is the big question can we find our form to grab a euro ticket ? if not we will be shopping a lot lower down !

no more lists until the summer :crylol: :crylol:
Hamburger
Has liked: 861 likes
Total likes: 444 likes

Post by Hamburger »

h11, Moyes would be lost without you. Why did he need to employ Newman?!?