The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by hammerman11 »

we would still need a left back though. for me the defence needs just as much as the attack. 4 main positions LB LCB DM CF
we will be losing a few maybe as many as on one of my lists ! so a few more will be needed.

moyes will no doubt also be deciding on some of the u23 and those out on loan. can any of alese ashby longello coventry holland okoflex chesters perkins be added to the first team squad.
coventry ashby okoflex chesters seem to have the best chance but who knows.

as for cuenca `ammer, I would ask you to not resort to abuse.

as for basey I have seen him a few times in the EL and scottish league. I am aware that he was from leicester but made no appearances. From what I have seen he would be worth a punt at 8m ! can play LB and LCB which is what we need.

Have a good day and remember a forum is for opinions, not for abusing fellow hammers !
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

hammerman11 is a good bloke.

Leave him and his lists alone, he ain't hurting anyone.

Keep on listing, dude!

:wolfy:
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:55 am
as for basey I have seen him a few times in the EL and scottish league. I am aware that he was from leicester but made no appearances. From what I have seen he would be worth a punt at 8m ! can play LB and LCB which is what we need.

Have a good day and remember a forum is for opinions, not for abusing fellow hammers !
Bassey will not be available for £8m. Think closer to £20m as well as clauses.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I do understand that I sometimes go overboard on them but name calling is childish .

Anyway I will reduce lists until the window opens then full pelt !
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:30 pm Say a guy who delivered foot to the elderly amid the Covid pandemic?
Is that a sex thing or a violence thing, like a Glasgow Kiss but a kicking??
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:19 am Bassey will not be available for £8m. Think closer to £20m as well as clauses.
Van Bronckhorst is on record as saying that the minute Calvin walked through the door he could tell he was a player of distinction.

Let me get right to the point, I don’t pop my cork for every player we are attached to. However, if we are going to be big spenders then I’d spend a little money on him 👍
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Looks to me as though Cuencs had a bad day at the Pickleball Court . :grin:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2500 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

TBF, we've gone through Hickey, Raum and Sosa before ending up at Dame Shirley as our preferred left back in about three weeks.

If there are that many supposedly good 'uns available, the price shouldn't be too high.

As much as we need a left back I struggle to imagine us spending big money . What's our record fee on full backs? £6m? I'd be amazed to see us pay £10m.

CB,CM,CF is where the money will go.

If we were to buy this player, it would be the multiple positions that would swing it, I reckon. He's like a left footed Ben Johnson.
Last edited by bubbles1966 on Sat May 21, 2022 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Hammers News with their latest article...

"Conor Gallagher would be perfect as he would release Soucek to get forward more "

They don't half talk some rubbish!
Greatest Hits Vol1
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Greatest Hits Vol1 »

PF. wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:05 am Abraham, Tomori, Lingard, Phillips

That’s £100m - £120m I’d guess so all is good! :crylol:
As much as I am annoyed at Tomori for how things went internationally, I’d love to see him at West Ham. Been following as once I watched him captain Canada at u20 level against England where he kept Rashford in back pocket and lead Canada to victory. I really don’t understand why he doesn’t play for England and why no English club signed him.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I honestly don't know what Moyes's plans are and I'm not sure myself what we need... I keep going back and forth. If I posted lists on here then mine would probably be a different list everyday too. It largely depends on whether we plan to stick with our usual 4-2-3-1 or whether Moyes has different ideas for next season. There are players leaving that obviously need replacing, and there are players that, taking sentiment out of the equation, could be improved on. I won't name them as I don't want to be on anyone's hit list.

There's an argument for bringing in 2 centre-backs (Ogbonna may never be the same, Diop and Dawson have both been rumoured to be going).

And there's one also for 2 full-backs (Cresswell needed upgrading, Fredericks and Masuaku rumoured to be for sale),

or 2 defensive/box to box midfielders (Kral and Noble leaves 2 holes and absolutely no cover for Rice, Soucek),

or 2 attacking midfielders (Yarmolenko going, Vlasic rumoured to be for sale, Lanzini ineffective)

and obviously a goalkeeper and a striker.

We're not going to bring in 10 players though so it's deciding where to spend that money.

Bringing in players that can fill 2 positions could be a smart move (eg Watkins, Bassey)
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

Tomori will be back in the league in a couple of seasons time costing someone the fat end of 60m - probably Chelsea.
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

ironilunga wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:44 am Van Bronckhorst is on record as saying that the minute Calvin walked through the door he could tell he was a player of distinction.

Let me get right to the point, I don’t pop my cork for every player we are attached to. However, if we are going to be big spenders then I’d spend a little money on him 👍
Yeah, I’m also on board with this one and would very much like to see it. LB/CB, powerful, fast, well built. It’s exactly what we’ve needed at the position/s for ages.

The fact he is from the area makes the fit seem even better.
mattyD
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by mattyD »

In addition to Areola we need a minimum of five players in. That's with no income from sales (if Dec stays). Gonna be hard to pull that off with £150m.
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

The Straw wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:39 am Roc Nation would never, ever allow Marcus Rashford to move to West Ham at this age. Never, ever going to happen. I rate him but think clearly, people.

Roc Nation has increased his popularity 10x in the last few years. It has coincided with a perceived dip in form but I think he'll come back strong. Not with us though. They will have bigger plans than West Ham. Let's get real. Its all about the PR and money. And this guy has unreal PR. Covers of magazines. Goodwill. Good age. Roc Nation could get him a number one album if they really wanted. He ain't signing for us. No chance.
Didn't he leave that agency after a year?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I do think though that if we were planning to have a midfield 3 of Rice, Phillips, and Soucek then it would be too defensive and not good enough to provide service to our attacking players. If we bought Phillips and we stick to our usual 4-2-3-1 then Soucek is out of that side. We're not buying Phillips to be a bench player. And hopefully nobody is going to suggest that Soucek would make a good central attacking midfielder - because he really wouldn't.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Some people mentioning Abraham should remember that many players that have stood out int the last couple of years in La liga are not necessarily going to do the same in the EPL.

See Lukaku
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

mattyD wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:22 am In addition to Areola we need a minimum of five players in. That's with no income from sales (if Dec stays). Gonna be hard to pull that off with £150m.
Areola ~£10m
Bassey ~£20m
KLP ~£20m
Phillips ~£40m
J Lingz ~Free

Give or take because it’s fairly redundant listing values in all seriousness, even more so when attempting to describe Bosmans as ‘frees’. Then you’ve got question marks over the true Phillips figure, which could conceivably be lower if they get relegated or higher if they don’t etc. But essentially, that’s a very realistic ballpark of figures that would leave us comfortably under £100m before we get to the inevitable striker fiasco of summer 2022.

I also think there’s a bit of dough to be made on selling Diop and Vlasic, should we wish to do so.

We should be able to really improve the squad to a level where you’d think… we could’ve won the Europa League if we sped the timeline up.

Whether we will is another matter entirely when it comes to the clowns in charge of us.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

paulhs1 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:31 am Some people mentioning Abraham should remember that many players that have stood out int the last couple of years in La liga are not necessarily going to do the same in the EPL.

See Lukaku
They should also remember that he had no interest in joining us last summer so why would he now when (relatively) his stock is even higher than ours?
Aztec Hammer

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Whilst we’re at it, I’d add Aguerd for another £20m because why not? Aguerd and Bassey would seem like a great duo on the left side that would match up well.