The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Baughurst
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Baughurst »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:49 am It's an odd one, because I've never heard of him.

I assumed he'd have been a perennial reserve but he made 34 appearances for PSG last season, and played the full 90 in two of Germany's recent internationals.

Fl icking through he never seems to have played in a back two. Only as an outside CB or a RB, basically the same as Szalai, albeit right sided instead of left.

That's why I think we'll sign both.
Alot of money though on an unproven cb from the Turkish League and a German International know one has heard of. Especially when we are crying out for a bit of creativity and dare I say it a ......LB.
NWhammer
Has liked: 794 likes
Total likes: 1527 likes

Post by NWhammer »

S-H wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:59 am How are the players who got Forest up going to be feeling?

You imagine it might be a case of us Vs them, in the dressing room.

Their overhaul reminds me of my early football manager days..
I also think the atmosphere isn't an advantage with a team full of players which as of yet have no afililation with the fans. I think they've done good business on the whole but they are starting to look like a team with no real strategy.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1990 likes
Total likes: 4737 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

paulhs1 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:01 pm Most of that squad have left. Only Johnson and Worrall from last years first 11 likely to start tomorrow
They started 5 of their original team against Newcastle, I think it'll be similar though McKenna is injured apparently.
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

I’m not underwhelmed by kehrer he is replacing diop as a rotation defender… no many teams can spend 20m on a back up and shows how far we have come!

I’m with others it feels like we are hanging around for Gallagher at the moment after being given some indication they are willing to do business if they buy players
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

forest had to bring loads in as they had so many loans last season. hopefully they dont click. it will be a tough game for us as never easy playing a newly promoted side. I hope for a calm and professional straightforward 2-0 victory !

surely we are buying a LB this window ?
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1364 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:49 am It's an odd one, because I've never heard of him.

I assumed he'd have been a perennial reserve but he made 34 appearances for PSG last season, and played the full 90 in two of Germany's recent internationals.

Fl icking through he never seems to have played in a back two. Only as an outside CB or a RB, basically the same as Szalai, albeit right sided instead of left.

That's why I think we'll sign both.
Still think Moyes will go back 3 sometimes this year and permutations of Kehrer Szalai Zouma and Aguerd suit that, and all have played in that system. Kehrer does look a bit small for a traditional PL ( and Moyes) centre half in a two, but his versatility and ability make him extremely useful, and he’s another who like Cornet up front adds the magic ingredient of pace that we are so short of.
Bubbles Fortuna

Baughurst wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:01 pm Alot of money though on an unproven cb from the Turkish League and a German International know one has heard of. Especially when we are crying out for a bit of creativity and dare I say it a ......LB.
Well we definitely need a CB as well.

I think people having not heard of him is more of a comment on us as fans than him as a player. He's a regular for Germany and played more than 30 games for PSG on 3 of the past 4 seasons.

If we can get him or Szalai for £15m that's more than a fair price.

We definitely could do with a creative midfielder too, and judging for the attempt at Zielinski and Moyes' comments on needing another Payet I think he agrees.
Bubbles Fortuna

hammerman11 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:06 pm forest had to bring loads in as they had so many loans last season. hopefully they dont click. it will be a tough game for us as never easy playing a newly promoted side. I hope for a calm and professional straightforward 2-0 victory !

surely we are buying a LB this window ?
In the Play Off final Forest's RB, CM, CAM and Striker were on loan.

Williams, O'Brien and Lingard replaced three of those against Newcastle, they played a player they already had up front.

They just know their team from last season was likely going straight down, but if I were them I'd have looked to bring in 3 or 4 quality players rather than 17 average unproven ones.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

agree far too many have been bought in. I thought they had more loan players.

anyway no more lists just where`s the left back !
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1080 likes
Total likes: 1393 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Reg Stretch wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:37 am I thought kehrer was CB not RB ?
Plays RB for national team and played quite a few games at RB in his career

My perception is he'd be a narrow, defensive RB and one who would like to dictate play from deep with short balls or penetrating through balls rather than get down the line and deliver crosses.

But short term he'd certainly be a CB alongside Zouma.

His versatility also would be great in a back 3. With Aguerd, Zouma and him you'd have 2 ball playing CBs (Aguerd and Kehrer) and one who likes to make forward runs with the ball (Zouma).
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Forest will only have a problem with all these new decent enough signings to stay up if the manager cannot get them to gel. Steve Cooper for me however, is that manager to achieve that.
Bubbles Fortuna

Colours never run wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:21 pm Forest will only have a problem with all these new decent enough signings to stay up if the manager cannot get them to gel. Steve Cooper for me however, is that manager to achieve that.
He's a good manager for sure. But are their signings decent? They're all very unproven, they're basically hoping that a few of them work out.

Throwing enough mud at the wall and hoping some sticks.
Gazmundo
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 454 likes

Post by Gazmundo »

Good time to play Forest before Cooper gets all their new signings to gel as a team IMO
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Really hope we get Kehrer done. Not because I know a great deal about him, but it just means another body (who I assume is at least decent) comes in.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Kehrer gives you options across the back 4/5 far more than Szalai who seems far more left side only. Bring in both and you will end up struggling fee/squad space wise for a dedicated LB.

Again this might be what happens later in the window if we cannot get a LB we want, we decide to go for Szalai as long term replacement for Oggie in the way Kehrer is for Dawson (and an immediate upgrade on Diop, 3rd choice CB at worst for 5th choice) then platoon the LB between Cresswell, Johnson, Szalai for the season with Kehrer and Johnson covering Coufal at RB. Strangely reduces the need for a CB next summer window while keeping the need for a LB (again).

I suspect our heads are turned at the prospect of Gallagher. Offers some of the defensive qualities of Soucek as a CM whilst totally outperforming Rice on the offensive side. I doubt we look at other CM’s whilst he might be available. He is a genuine game in game out player either as a starter or off the bench.

That we are considering Nunes (another where there was next to no hint by the itk/press before the bid/player rejection suggesting to me that where there are a lot of leaks they come from the player/agent side) also must mean we want another attacking option. Januzaj still without a club? Might be a late call if money is spent elsewhere.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:22 pm He's a good manager for sure. But are their signings decent? They're all very unproven, they're basically hoping that a few of them work out.

Throwing enough mud at the wall and hoping some sticks.
Should they get them all, the likes of Maupay, Dennis, Kouyate, Lingard *spit*, Henderson, Williams, Awoniyi are all more than enough quality to keep a side up in the Premier League as long as they're managed well. The manager is the crucial aspect behind all this and yes it's highly unorthodox but I think the event of surprise and chaos will be behind their success of avoiding relegation.

Don't get me wrong though, along the way they will get dicked and taught a harsh lesson up against well oiled machine's in the League and we could well be 1 of them in 1 or both of our fixtures against them. I do see them getting at least 17th place this season.
D C
Has liked: 1122 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by D C »

Kehrer would have to have some guarantee of starting since his world cup selection could be on the line.

Obviously he could play with Zouma until Aguerd is back but I do wonder what the plan would be after that. Everything's still pointing to a back 3 to me
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3039 likes
Total likes: 2684 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:51 am Why are we not doing more to land the out of contract, Zagadou?
Dortmund let him go because he just was always injured. Two big knee injuries already. And several minor ones in the follow-up.

Would be madness to sign such a player, who missed all of pre-season.
Mosterhammer
Has liked: 1141 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Mosterhammer »

Onana must be raging, sat on the bench being promised a starting place😳
D C
Has liked: 1122 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by D C »

Gazmundo wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:24 pm Good time to play Forest before Cooper gets all their new signings to gel as a team IMO
Hopefully he never does!