FAC5: Southampton 3-1 West Ham Utd (2/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Re: ⚽ Southampton v West Ham Utd FAC5: match thread

Post by MB »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:15 pm Bananarama made me lolz :newthumb:

My son said to me last night "you are now running out of ideas on how to defend Benny aren't you" he is right, he is becoming very frustrating!
I'd say he is frustrating his teammates as well. There were a few gestures and words had.

It is strange as he seems to reverted to be where he was when he first signed. Trying to do it all himself when there is a simple option. I thought we'd coached that out of him.

You need players who can do the unexpected, but when that is all they do then it is no longer unexpected!
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

I bet even Said's mum was tearing her hair out when, after all that pressure on their goal late on, he blazed another "special" high and handsome.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Vic_Watson wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:56 pm I bet even Said's mum was tearing her hair out when, after all that pressure on their goal late on, he blazed another "special" high and handsome.
I was screaming at him to play in Johnson at this point and instead he turned and ran at the defence (achieving nothing)

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I think we lost the ball every time someone passed it to SB on Wednesday.

It was a calamity.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:53 am I think we lost the ball every time someone passed it to SB on Wednesday.

It was a calamity.
I think he is off in the summer and he knows it. I wouldn’t be surprised if his strop the other week was the final straw.
Colonial Marine
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Colonial Marine »

Believer wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:36 am I think he is off in the summer and he knows it. I wouldn’t be surprised if his strop the other week was the final straw.
It's such a shame if so, he must have something to him, he is our third highest goal scorer this season. 8 goals, 5 in the league. It sounds crazy to talk of binning him off. In most previous seasons, our top league goal scorer finishes on 10. I hope the backroom team have a good chance to work with him to improve his decision making mainly. I don't buy he is a primadonna type, with his Mother in the crowd and his treatment of Brentford staff when he left, he sounds a good guy. He started the season in great form, there must be a chance of finding it again. :(

(I thought his decision making was terrible against Southampton - I would love that analysis guy to post up the same 5 minute breakdowns of the early games when Benrahma did well...see what the difference was?)
Pete647580
Has liked: 1203 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

He's like a bloody cartoon character. Proper headless chicken, doing everything at lightning speed.

I feel for the bloke, he really gives his best and he's desperate to so well for us. He needs some of Fornal's or Lanzini's composure.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

62 pages! The thread on the excellent win against Wolves… 33! :lol: :lol: :lol: