Liverpool 1-0 West Ham Utd (5/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Re: ⚽ Liverpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

El brooko79 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:05 pm I actually think Neville is pretty impartial and unbiased in how he sees the game, although you can tell he is unhappy (nowadays).
Smith and Carragher are blinkered and just see it as their teams are the best and should be winning. ****

Not a popular opinion.....but I think Gary Nev is an excellent pundit. I'm quite pedantic so I like the detail and logic he goes into. Can't stand the superficial generalisation you see on MoTD.
Generally wonder if the MoTD guys have watched the games. I suppose they can have got through 5 games before 10.30pm but they are still
I am not sure how MOTD works now, but up until recently each pundit watched one game live and then highlights of the others once edited (about 7pm). They were briefed by researchers on the other games and then decided what topic to focus on in that game from a list the researchers provided
Doyley72
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Doyley72 »

Been saying it for years, MOTD is past its sell by date. There are no real analytical thought with the games just boring tick lists of what to say. The format need big changes. Personally I don't watch it as its a waste of time but my kids do and even they are getting bored of it. They also miss out so many chances, just so they can show their story and version of events.
The panelists get it wrong most of the time and are just cashing in. They need more impartial people on there. A ref and ex managers who can explain things more.
And don't get me started on Sky and their commentary. Just awful and again, I don't think they actually watch the game just a list of things they must say. Why on earth do they have ex players commentating on their teams??
Like what someone said already, Carragher or the other commentator DID NOT once mention Salah diving. He blantly did it three times in 5 mins. Or talk about the impressive tactics by Moyes, switching during the game from 4,3,3 to 4,5,1 and then 4,4,2 and Cresswell getting hammered in the first 10mins so Vlasic was moved back to support which then completely stopped Salah.
Or the fact Antonio was making so many runs that it was dragging both Konte and Van Dyke out of position, giving Fornals and Lanzini them chances. No, they were only watching LFC and saying "they aren't performing like they normally do"....no they aren't coz Soucek, Lanzini and Fornals are bossing your midfield. If we had invested in a top class forward to bring on with 20mins to go when Antonio was empty and we had our scoring boots on we would have won comfortably.
MOTD and Sky really need to up their game...
kentboleyn
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by kentboleyn »

I record MOTD then i fast forward when the so called pundits are talking, so only watch the football. :hamm:
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 643 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Incredible Mo Salah Stats That Suggest Something Is Very, Very Wrong
https://paultomkins.substack.com/p/incr ... witter&s=r

DO NOT try to read all of this. You'll either laugh out your spleen or want to punch your laptop depending on where you fall on certain spectrums.

Quite fun to scan through the whining and madness though. Bonus points for the fact it's on Substack which suggests some scousers are paying for this content :crylol:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

i found a different stream rather than listen to carraghers whiny scouse voice spaffing over his team

Havent watched MOTD for years

I quite like Gary Neville though now - hes a good pundit
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

kentboleyn wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:40 am I record MOTD then i fast forward when the so called pundits are talking, so only watch the football. :hamm:
Pretty much what I do.

The trouble is, even the highlights can be edited to suit. The thing that cracks me up with these "expert pundits" (on the odd occasions I watch it live), is one week they'll slate a player for making the wrong decision; i.e tracking a player, then leaving a gap which he opposition capitalise on and a week or so later, the same player could do the same thing, break the play up and it gets lauded as brilliant foresight.

Plus there's all their lines and shaded squares and circles they sick over the footage. Well it's much easier to draw and bleat on about it with footage you can stop and rewind a million times. These guys are out there playing football in real time, at least 15MPH quicker than some of you c***s ever did. They haven't got the luxury of rewinding every two minutes.
Last edited by Eggs'n'nuts on Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:56 am https://paultomkins.substack.com/p/incr ... witter&s=r

DO NOT try to read all of this. You'll either laugh out your spleen or want to punch your laptop depending on where you fall on certain spectrums.

Quite fun to scan through the whining and madness though. Bonus points for the fact it's on Substack which suggests some scousers are paying for this content :crylol:
Jesus wept. I scanned the first 4/5 pages.

I would surmise that most opposition players know that he is a diving little slag, so just crowd him out (where they can) rather than try to tackle him. Hence why he doesn't appear on these stupid graphs as high as the writer thinks he should.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Guv, Jack, any breakdown from this past weekend's game ? or a link please if I missed it..

love these even if they go over my head at times with the explanations

but I can understand the pictures

:crylol: :crylol: :crylol: