Liverpool 1-0 West Ham Utd (5/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Re: ⚽ Liverpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Sticky »

Salah went down early twice with two swan dives that were too obvious to award, even for that shower of ***** ref - so why no booking? Genuine question ...

A dive is a dive?
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Sticky wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:15 pm Salah went down early twice with two swan dives that were too obvious to award, even for that shower of ***** ref - so why no booking? Genuine question ...

A dive is a dive?
That one is an easy answer:

He plays for Liverpool.
jhammers
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by jhammers »

Sticky wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:15 pm Salah went down early twice with two swan dives that were too obvious to award, even for that shower of ***** ref - so why no booking? Genuine question ...

A dive is a dive?
The shirt he's wearing..

Him and Mane do it every game and get away with it.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

jhammers wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:58 pm The shirt he's wearing..

Him and Mane do it every game and get away with it.
Someone posted a while ago; The Premier League's product can't be damaged.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2941 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

We played very well indeed today, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, with King Kurt Zouma once again outstanding.

We didn't quite hand Liverpool their arses but Klopp will be relieved they don't have to play us again this season.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Bowen's chance & injury not included in the MotD highlights!
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Wonder how many times lanzini will wake in the night thinking about that chance, cause I know it’ll wake me up :crylol:
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

I was really hoping Vlasic would step up for this but once again failed to impress. He was lively but ineffective. What the hell are we going to do with him?!? This was a match where Lingard would have excelled but that's a sob story. It is such a shame he stayed at Man U getting splinters and must surely regret it?

Considering our condition and some players under performing, it was a monumental effort and with more clinical finishing we would have won it.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Crossd_Hammrs wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:38 am Bowen's chance & injury not included in the MotD highlights!
Of course not, but we had Alexander-Arnold's goal-line clearance at least 5 times, together with his brazen abuse of the officials AND the commentary team remarking on the abuse of the officials, as if he's somehow entitled to that kind of behaviour.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Was on another non football related forum last night and I thought I'd take a quick look at the little Liverpool section a few people had created.

What a bunch of entitled ignorant ****ers.

"Never in doubt", "VVD might as well have been playing in slippers", "Salah was constantly fouled"...

What a special bunch a lot of their supporters are.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Albie Beck wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:15 pm Yeah, I commented to mates at the time: I thought VD clearly pushed him over, but as he was going down he reactively managed to grab at VD probably just trying to save himself, so the lino promptly gave a foul against him!
Blatant foul on Vlasic but as usual the officials go out of their way to give it the other way.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Of course, but be content, if the PL is 'all about the product' (and, IMO, it REALLY is) those sad plastics are being manipulated even more than we are. They're blindly buying into a bogus set up no more real that FIFA 21 (or whatever that sh*t's called)...... they think it's reality.. :D... Mercurio eat your heart out.

I've only followed online and seen highlights, but it appeared as if Soucek had a decent game.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Interesting that MOTD had the Antonio chance around 80 mins as our best chance of the game (great ball by Noble btw). I thought he had a bit to do.

Also with the Fornals effort that was cleared off the line. If Vlasic passed that to Antonio on the third bite of the cherry I think he would of smashed it home.

Either way we need to be far more clinical, but we already knew that.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

I shouldn't be upset really as I was expecting a loss, but its gutting when you create so many chances and play so well.

We have to start taking our chances especially in Spain on Thursday
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

smuts wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:17 am Blatant foul on Vlasic but as usual the officials go out of their way to give it the other way.
VD fell with both hands planted into Vlasic's face, got up shrugged his shoulders at the officials and laughed.
Two minutes later he led with his arm out for a header that Fornals was already under, whacking him in the jaw with either the outside edge of his forearm or his elbow.
Shrugs his shoulders, implying he didn't do anything, and breaks out in a big grin when a throw is awarded.

I thought it was a very poor decision not to award a freekick about two thirds through, when Benny got the better of Arnold, nudging the ball passed him but ending up being clearly blocked from chasing it by Arnold who deviated his run in a completely different direction, pushing Benrahma wide, and when Benny finely got round him he pulled him back. Alison came 18 yards, out of his box to comfortably clear a ball Benrahma would have had within a few yards.
Of course, awarding it might have been DOGSO - has a Liverpool player ever been sent off at Anfield?

Most loathed Liverpool player though, hands down, is Jota.
Despicable player.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Crossd_Hammrs wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:38 am Bowen's chance & injury not included in the MotD highlights!
I take my hat off to those of you who suffer that every sat/sun/ night. I have high blood pressure as it is and it was no good for me putting up with all that nonsense jokey laughing one sided bullshite. I'm a huge fan of The Beeb but the Liverpool/Chelsea/Manchester thing drives me to distraction.

I stopped just before Christmas and made a NY Res. to avoid.

OFT wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:20 am

I stopped just before Christmas and made a NY Res. to avoid.
I am the same.

I watch the YT highlights when they go up.

I then watch the MotD highlights on iPlayer. Only the highlights, not the punditry. Even the in-match commentary is almost unbearable. Only LFC fans want them to win, of course, but the commentary comes across as if fans of other teams secretly will on that team.

We in fact all hate them.
smuts

Post by smuts »

I don't remember Jota being this obnoxious at Wolves...it must rub off on them pretty quickly up there. VVD is one arrogant twat.

Thought Jota was going to break Cresswell's arm at one point they were he was pulling it back.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3054 likes

Post by MB »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:27 am I've only followed online and seen highlights, but it appeared as if Soucek had a decent game.
He did. Slightly worrying that two of his best games this season have been without Rice.