Liverpool 1-0 West Ham Utd (5/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Re: ⚽ Liverpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Diogenes »

Excellent performance from us. Unlucky with result (again), but keep playing like that and I will be well happy.

Also shows that we are not a one man team (even though he is very good player).

MotM for me - Zouma and Lanzini, although all played well. Thought Johnson much imroved.

Unconscious bias by Referees at Anfield is nothing new, but Moss had a stinker.

Bowen's injury looked pretty bad. Can't see him back for at least 2-3 weeks even if nothing broken.

Noble's cameo a jot to watch.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I was disappointed by some of our lot dishing out abuse during the applause for Ukraine when nearly everyone else was singing YNWA.

Our away crew have got a lot worse this season. I wanted a younger crowd but some need to wise up.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Salah, arguably one of the best players in the world right now, and we pretty much marked him out of the game twice this season. :newthumb:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

OFT wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:20 am I take my hat off to those of you who suffer that every sat/sun/ night. I have high blood pressure as it is and it was no good for me putting up with all that nonsense jokey laughing one sided bullshite. I'm a huge fan of The Beeb but the Liverpool/Chelsea/Manchester thing drives me to distraction.

I stopped just before Christmas and made a NY Res. to avoid.
I think Match of the Days biggest crime these days is it is really, really boring. It’s just painfully dull. They’ve tried to bring in dynamic, enthusiastic lads like Micah Richards to try and get the tempo up, but they all get sucked into the format.

Why would anyone want to spend 30 minutes of their Saturday evening listening to plumbs like Jermaine Jenas explaining why he’s right?
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

e17 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:50 am I think Match of the Days biggest crime these days is it is really, really boring. It’s just painfully dull. They’ve tried to bring in dynamic, enthusiastic lads like Micah Richards to try and get the tempo up, but they all get sucked into the format.

Why would anyone want to spend 30 minutes of their Saturday evening listening to plumbs like Jermaine Jenas explaining why he’s right?
Agreed. God I miss Goals on Sunday!
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Goals on Sunday is what I think of when I think of good premier league times too :newthumb:
Tvirons77
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Tvirons77 »

I genuinely thought we were excellent, should of scored at least a couple but I’m not going to beat us up over it. Zouma was outstanding and Lanzini(apart from his miss) bossed the midfield. We really have nothing to fear of anyone, just need that little bit of luck. Roll on Thursday ⚒
NWhammer
Has liked: 785 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by NWhammer »

Thought we played well but were very wasteful (again) in the final third.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Liverpool
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136769
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:02 pm I was listening to most of it on radio as I was in the car and Dean Ashton said Benny had improved us when he came on
Him and Noble both did. Granted his final ball was just as woeful as it has been of late, but he did what he always does and gets no credit for: Show for the ball constantly, demand it, try stuff, and cover every blade of grass. One thing with Benny, he never hides.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

So many of those fans claiming Moss was against them :lol:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1934 likes
Total likes: 4635 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Benrahma never stopped trying, always looked for the ball and didn't shirk his responsibilities.

He was brilliant in the opening few weeks but he has gone off the boil, nothing seems to be working. It's like he's switched wavelength from the rest of the team. Every cross is overhit, every pass into the wrong space.

It's odd. I hope he finds his mojo again.
Pete647580
Has liked: 1203 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Up the Junction wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:23 pm The opposition view: Liverpool
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136769
Is that true about the plane banner? Pretty funny if it is.

Appreciate I'm a lone voice on this but I don't think the tubby ref favoured either side. Didn't fall for Salah's nonsense.
thamesideiron
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 197 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

I'm really enjoying the fact,that we seem able to match,or at least give the PL/Sky Luvvies a game now,even when we are not full strength.

If you'd said earlier in the season we go to Scouse,with no Dec,Oggy,Vlad,Lose Bowen,and could have quite easily nicked it,would have
if Manes' an inch further forward...Lanza does what he should have,we win it.
Those fine lines again.

Good Battling performance,team all done well...I Know some aren't firing at mo,but still putting the effort in,that's enough sometimes.

The Diving,conning,cheating thing,has/is really spoiling the game,you sit down to watch a game,win/lose or draw,to enjoy it,but find
yourself chucking the remote around the room,or screaming out swearing in front of kiddies at a game poss,cos Salahs being shot every
10 mins.
Loved Jota Thought he was a cracking player,now wanna punch his lights out....so we ask ourselves is that a Club thing,or has he
become a nasty little cheat off his own back.
Unfortunately think ,well sure, it's a game you have to play now if you really wanna be a trophy seeking/ top 4 contender,Spuds Learnt it
Arse are lapping it up at Moment.
Want Us to Be up there,but F**k all that.

Well Done Moyes and Team...might have got beat,but was quite proud of us yesterday.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Morocco Mole wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:32 pm Him and Noble both did. Granted his final ball was just as woeful as it has been of late, but he did what he always does and gets no credit for: Show for the ball constantly, demand it, try stuff, and cover every blade of grass. One thing with Benny, he never hides.
Absolutely. Unfortunately two misplaced passes and the usual were out in force. He can do better, I think his last 2 appearances have been disappointing as he’s capable of better. Again, he just needs that pass to go right or a goal and I think he’ll be back.
Pete647580

Post by Pete647580 »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:21 pm Absolutely. Unfortunately two misplaced passes and the usual were out in force. He can do better, I think his last 2 appearances have been disappointing as he’s capable of better. Again, he just needs that pass to go right or a goal and I think he’ll be back.
Thing is, if everyone is fit, who would you leave out for him?
il_martello_di_genovesi

He’s started the majority of our matches this season. So despite the fact he’s apparently ‘not a Moyes player’ it seems that Moyes is happy to start him. He hasn’t started the last 3 after having words during that substitution. He was perfectly capable at the start of the season. He’s dropped off a bit production wise, like many of the others. He’ll come good again. Unfortunately he’s become someone who people like to have a go at regardless.
Pete647580

Post by Pete647580 »

I'm not having a go at him. I just think Lanzini and Fornals offer more.

I do think he might be best suited as a super-sub, brought on with 30 minutes to go (appreciate this never ever happens if Moyes can help it). If he plays well, there's no reason he can't force his way back into the team
il_martello_di_genovesi

He produced plenty when starting earlier this season, so not sure super sub is when he’s at his best. I mean Lanzini has been similar at times. Even Fornals. All of them have gone through spells of being very good and very poor. Both had chances Yesterday and didn’t score. Lanzini overall was fantastic though. Lanzini and Fornals become important when on form due to their passing. Benrahma however offers something different again to both, the issue with him Yesterday was his final ball was terrible. I’m not saying drop him for Lanzini and Fornals currently, though with Bowen out now I would probably start him, but I don’t think he deserves to be written off or some of the criticism he gets.
mental hamster666
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by mental hamster666 »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:27 am I was disappointed by some of our lot dishing out abuse during the applause for Ukraine when nearly everyone else was singing YNWA.

Our away crew have got a lot worse this season. I wanted a younger crowd but some need to wise up.
It's bad enough loosing to Liverpool, but if I seen our fans singing YNWA, at Anfield, that would really f*** my Saturday evening off.