Liverpool 1-0 West Ham Utd (5/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Re: ⚽ Liverpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Up the Junction wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:23 pm The opposition view: Liverpool
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136769
From JRed: "That puts the pressure on the cheats tomorrow! Come on Man United!"

Oh the irony!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

I'm still scratching my head at how we've once again conspired to lose a game we might have won.

We've done that a few times this season now.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

According to the OV, we had 12 players on the pitch, what planet are they on
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Is it a coincidence that all of these so-called “world class managers” seem to have players who willfully cheat and get away with it no questions asked? These guys who are coaching diving and professional fouling should be made to stand at a tribunal and defend the actions of their players.

It is about time the officials and the governing body take a no-tolerance approach as it is killing the sport.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Apparently they had an off day; didn’t play like they do usually. Fact is we didn’t allow them to; imposed our game on them and created enough good chances to win the game. These so called ‘expert’ TV pundits need to pull their expert heads out of their arses and acknowledge when one if the so called big clubs gets lucky. They are watching different games.
Mullhull
Has liked: 346 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Mullhull »

It's always the way isn't it? West Ham didn't play well, Liverpool played poorly.

Sorry but that Fornals chip... he should have put it around him. Watching TAA going mental at the linesman after the goal line clearance when he was onside made me laugh.

Fornals stood and watched instead of following it in... just schoolboy. Not going to hate on the guy it just really disappointed me.

Lanzini's miss was just the icing on the cake. Totally unlike him to do that.

in the OV it's refreshing to see so many of them see us a challenge now whereas a few years back we were a certainity for 3 points.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Mullhull wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:19 pm
Fornals stood and watched instead of following it in... just schoolboy. Not going to hate on the guy it just really disappointed me.
Interesting you say that. I wonder if Vlasic would have got that extra second of respite to bury it if Fornals had done that?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Gerblatz wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:10 pm Apparently they had an off day; didn’t play like they do usually. Fact is we didn’t allow them to; imposed our game on them and created enough good chances to win the game. These so called ‘expert’ TV pundits need to pull their expert heads out of their arses and acknowledge when one if the so called big clubs gets lucky. They are watching different games.
Funny how that's happened both times they played us this season
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

I still feel sick, we havent won that game .
Paolopaul
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 301 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

The fact the OV feels the officiating was against them tells you all you need to know about the expected level of refereeing at Anfield.

Really annoying defeat, but had we equalised I’m sure it would still have somehow ended 2-1.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

chigwells finest wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:06 pm I still feel sick, we havent won that game .
Yes mate, it doesn’t get any better watching the rerun either..frustrating..a lot to feel optimistic about the performance and without Dec.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:21 pmOh the irony!
I thought you'd all like that one!
Collison Theory
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Collison Theory »

Pete647580 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:54 pm Appreciate I'm a lone voice on this but I don't think the tubby ref favoured either side. Didn't fall for Salah's nonsense.
Nah I'm with you Pete. I was furious when Bowen(?) got obstructed by Alexander-Arnold, so he pulled him out the way, and they got the free kick, but you always remember the ones that go against you. We were physical with them and the ref did well to not mistake that for being dirty.
Up the Junction wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:23 pm The opposition view: Liverpool
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136769
Clown of the week has to be - StL-Dono
"Never felt like WHU had a chance at scoring other than through some fluky, pinball bouncing around break forward. Without lucky bounces, I'm not sure they get past midfield. How many shots did we have into their shins? Of course, when we slow down our attack and let them get nine in the box, that's gonna happen."

What game did he watch? Two of our best chances came from absolute top draw through balls from Ben Johnson (to Fornals) and Noble (to Antonio). There was also a beauty early on also to Antonio from Fornals.

Overall though they actually have the right angle on it- it's a great result for them because they didn't play that well. They are rightly grateful we missed our chances, and should also be grateful we were missing our one world class player.

I also agree with the one saying the "sign on" chant is a bit embarrassing, considering we are a club who take pride in our working class roots. Then again, you need something to sing over Walk Alone...

Had a really good trip despite the result, some Germans even bought me a jagerbomb for reasons I'm not clear on. Saw some kids scrapping on Arkle Street but wasn't sure if it was with our lot or if it was just the local scallies sticking it to each other? Didn't hang around long enough to find out to be honest. It's funny hearing the home fans actually were making some noise on Match of the Day, the away section is so loud you barely hear them all game.

I enjoyed watching Ben Johnson particularly, great watching an academy boy grow and get more confident.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Up the Junction wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:29 pm I thought you'd all like that one!
I did Boss.

Out of all the usual "Woe is me" diatribe they spurt whenever you put up their OV, this was a stand out cracker.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Johnson is improving but needs to work on his crossing
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

hammerman11 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:40 pm Johnson is improving but needs to work on his crossing
Wasn't it him that put Fornals clean through? More of those please!
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I’m a big fan of Johnson. I’ve no problem with him being a defender first and foremost and that ball for Fornals was a beaut. Ahead of Coufal now in my opinion.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

mental hamster666 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:11 pm It's bad enough loosing to Liverpool, but if I seen our fans singing YNWA, at Anfield, that would really **** my Saturday evening off.
Well, lots were with reference to those in Ukraine.

The ones who ****ed my Saturday evening off were those jeering, snarling and giving ****er signs during that moment. Classless twats.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Morocco Mole wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:46 pm I’m a big fan of Johnson. I’ve no problem with him being a defender first and foremost and that ball for Fornals was a beaut. Ahead of Coufal now in my opinion.
Hopefully Coufals surgery gets the old Coufal back...

...but right now, definitely

He was excellent yesterday

What a brilliant headache for the gaffer to have
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Thought yesterday was possibly the best we’ve played since Christmas. Considering that was without our outstanding player, that’s a serious big plus.