West Ham Utd 2-1 Aston Villa (13/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Aston Villa: match thread

Post by hammerman11 »

I think you do moyes and his team a diservice if you dont think we have a plan for every game. best coached and drilled west ham team for the last 30 years at least !
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Sawbo wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:16 am Doubtless those deluded souls on the OV will say that they were victims of thuggery and bullying 😀😀
I've read it and yes the term 'brutes' was used a few times. To be fair lots of their posters said they had a long way to go to reach our level
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Looking forward to the OV where they say they didn't turn up, just an off day, happens a lot when teams play us..

Funny game, never felt we looked in trouble and always had control of the game in the main, with & without the ball. Antonio & Cress was a kick in the gonads for Thursday/Sunday, have everything crossed it's only minor. Beautiful 2nd goal 8-) So chuffed for Yarmo, tear to the eye moment that one!

Hoping Rice let Coutinho out of his pocket to go home.

Massive 3 points for us and keeps us in the mix, roll on Thursday :scarfer:
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:15 am Looking forward to the OV where they say they didn't turn up, just an off day, happens a lot when teams play us..
Don't forget the biased ref

:wink:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

any links to the entire game please, was out (again only twice in about 4 years I've missed one game let alone two) so sitting here today nursing a very sore knee I'd love to watch the game

I'll also post on the streaming thread in case ....

cheers
xmas01245
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by xmas01245 »

The 'My First Visit To London Stadium' song sheet, regardless of opposition consist of:
  • You sold your soul, for this sh*thole
  • You're not West Ham anymore
and repeat

I'm sure there was one more but can't think of it. Really looking forward to hearing it in Spanish on Thursday.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:15 am Looking forward to the OV where they say they didn't turn up, just an off day, happens a lot when teams play us..
To be fair other than some comments about fouling, playing rough that the ref didn't give etc most concede that their midfield is miles away from ours and Rice & Soucek dominated the game for us.

I've not seen any suggest they deserved to win that.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Love Yarmos goal for obvious reasons. I definitely had something in my eye when that went in....

I also loved Fornals goal, not just cos it was a good un but because Leon Bailys recovery from;
- dying trying to win a free kick 30yds from our goal
To;
- running a 10s 100m trying to catch Rice up
Was frankly one of the greatest miracles I've ever seen!! I do hope he never injures himself properly. :|
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Aston Villa
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136784
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:08 pm The opposition view: Aston Villa
That wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be to be fair! :newthumb: Although there’s still the odd cracker in there.

I am not a fan of Villa’s supporters. They’re like the midlands equivalent of Spurs fans. Always have been a self entitled bunch.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

I read a lot of this Villa forum last season.

The fella who wrote this comment yesterday (below).........also made the "exact same prediction" regarding West Ham, after we beat them twice last season.

I remember him well. He will keep saying it till it comes true.... :crylol:

"Next season, they will be behind us. Rice will be gone and Soucek will have continued to get worse (he’s already nowhere near as good as last season). Of the London clubs, Palace will be far ahead of West Ham next season since they have a lot more young talent. Good luck Moyes and try to avoid relegation. West Ham's journey is likely to return to mid-table soon. Not an impressive team overall and Rice will leave this summer. Feel free to bookmark this, I will."
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:08 pm The opposition view: Aston Villa
Haha. Bloody hell, they're bonkers.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

"Wimbledon". "Anti-football". "Thugs". :crylol: :crylol:

What on earth are they watching.
Estuary
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Re: West Ham Utd V Aston Villa: Match Thread

Post by Estuary »

Lovejoy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:04 am Bowen isn’t playing though, and tbh I love Bowen as a player, think he is brilliant. Different players but in terms of ability he isn’t in the same league as coutinho. Take your claret & blue specs off
I am merely making the point that Klopp thinks Bowen is exceptional, and could have signed Coutinho if he had wanted to.
Villa are a bang average team with a poor defence. Coutinho was dominated by our defence and over shadowed by Benhrahma as an attacking threat. I repeat my pre-match point earlier in the thread, they have beaten nobody of note and lost to struggling sides, we would have had to have an off day for them to get a draw. When Grealish played for them he could make a difference, he's gone and Coutinho cant do that unless of opposition is struggling. I think people making a case for them being a team we should be emulating are doing so on the Gerrard ticket and confusing spending a load of dough on players with getting the right ones, they've bought players in who are not as good as effective as the ones they let go but people are blinded by the spend. Why move Taggart on? He was an effective defender and supported the attack well, but for some reason they were desperate for Digne, who has a questionable team ethic, is not much cop going forward or defending but is nailed on for a yellow card every game, an "agents Mum needs a new bungalow" deal if ever there was.
Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Stulaw »

And people on here moan at others about having Claret and Blue specs on, they do know that their players rolling around pretending to be injured isn't us being "a dirty team" right?
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:28 pm "Wimbledon". "Anti-football". "Thugs". :crylol: :crylol:

"Forearm smash"
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Team of thugs :lol:

Dear oh dear. Just because players hit the deck every touch they get does not make the other team thugs.
Estuary
Has liked: 275 likes
Total likes: 116 likes

Post by Estuary »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:28 pm "Wimbledon". "Anti-football". "Thugs". :crylol: :crylol:

Dawsons 40 yard cross field pass is "Wimbledon", and Benrahma is an "anti football" proponent??? They must have borrowed my claret and blue specs!! :crylol:
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

“"Imagine watching that style of football week in, week out in that soulless ****hole of a football ground."
- villanmac”

:lol:

We should of relegated them the season before last when we put Norwich out of their misery.

Whoever said their following is akin to Spurs’s hit the nail right on the head.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

They're largely correct. They are two reasonable well-drilled sides with a similarish level of ability. We have a better manager than they do, we also have one of the best player's in the league. Aside from that there wasn't a huge amount in it and they have definitely improved since we played them at Villa Park.

However, it's sad that they can't see what most can. That they are a team if players who hit the deck very easily, who immeidately time-waste and who hae been doing it for the last 2 seasons. Every team in the league is guilty of it to differing levels, but every time I see Villa their players are on the deck in seconds. We have a big physical side. That's nothing to be ashamed of. I don't think they were complaining when they had Heskey and Carew up front, or when Andy Gray was taking lumps out of defenders every week.

Our two goals were very good 'footballing goals'. Just because your team has already decided that they aren't able to live with us physically before they turn up doesn't make us thugs. It just means that your players didn't 'want' it as much as ours. Which was evident yesterday.