West Ham Utd 2-1 Aston Villa (13/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ethanadict
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 250 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Aston Villa: match thread

Post by Ethanadict »

Deluded lot.

Either penalty area, theirs or ours, they couldn’t wait to fall to the ground clutching their face in the hope VAR would intervene with a dodgy penalty or red card. Pathetic. It happened too often on innocuous challenges for it not to be intentional.

I thought it was just Grealish at Villa, but it appears it’s endemic through the club. In fact, Grealish doesn’t seem to do it so much at City. Moyes doesn’t do diving, class managers and clubs don’t accept it.

The fans tell themselves we’re thugs to help them justify their diving. Poor.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

The reality is that they knew full well how we would go about playing them. And fell for it again.

Moaning about our physicality masks the fact that we repeatedly take our chances against them.

Leicester are the same - the line they play against us is ridiculous
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

hammers92 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:35 pm Really, really bothers me we went on holiday when they needed a result on the last day. Should’ve sent them packing.
Thought the exact same thing at the time. They were never going to be in danger of relegation the following season. Keeping them up meant another club of a decent stature to compete against.
Hammer1966
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by Hammer1966 »

xmas01245 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:24 pm The 'My First Visit To London Stadium' song sheet, regardless of opposition consist of:
  • You sold your soul, for this sh*thole
  • You're not West Ham anymore
and repeat

I'm sure there was one more but can't think of it. Really looking forward to hearing it in Spanish on Thursday.
This is a library is the other standard... Or 'esta es una biblioteca` as they say en español.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

now I am no lover of the bowl but when we are on it the place rocks,literally. I am expecting the best atmosphere since last game at boleyn, ipswich play off semi . It needs to be brilliant to give our knackered lot a lift.

It will be.

I have my day plan, a quiet drink in the boleyn for old times sake around 3pm before going over to the cauldron !
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

That Oppo view.. :shocker:

That club are climbing on my Just F*** Off list from, it has to be said, a fairly high starting position.
YeOldHammer
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by YeOldHammer »

They sound like Southampton fans from a few seasons back.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

I found the OV rather comforting, like a bitter old friend.
It has gotten far too reasonable of late so seeing their deluded anger gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Hammer_Time1
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Hammer_Time1 »

A satisfying win made even more satisfying after reading that OV. Drinking all those salty West Midland tears in. I would say we are one of the least brutish sides in the league. Physical perhaps, but certainly not thuggish. The Villa physios are the fittest physios in the league- it was quite astoundingly pathetic how much of the game that a Villa player was writhing around in agony and how stop-start the game was. Strange how there were no head injuries after we went ahead.

Was my first in-the-flesh victory for about 3 years, made even sweeter with Yarmo's goal and celebrations. On to a massive one on Thursday :hamm: :ball: