UEL16: West Ham Utd 2-0 Sevilla (17/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2406 likes
Total likes: 2614 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Sevilla: match thread (2nd leg)

Post by sendô »

I just noted looking at the La Liga table that not only are Seville 2nd, but they've only lost twice in the league all season.

No wonder they looked completely shell shocked.

BTW anyone wanting an OV, there's an english language Seville forum with a match thread here:

https://forum.monchismen.com/t/europa-l ... -2022/1413
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

sendô wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:34 pm I just noted looking at the La Liga table that not only are Seville 2nd, but they've only lost twice in the league all season.

BTW anyone wanting an OV, there's an english language Seville forum with a match thread here:

Image :crylol:
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1703 likes

Post by wolf359 »

The Green Man wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:50 pm :crylol:
Not everyone is a fan...almost Mick don't need no 'roids

I am Legend
Has liked: 1553 likes
Total likes: 1619 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Bristoliron338 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:30 am Oh so I take it you were born after we left the boleyn? Clown
Who's this muppet stuffed twat?
Igor_E7
Has liked: 1506 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Igor_E7 »

Whitters wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:05 pm I'd love to draw Lyon - fantastic city and a couple of hours drive from my house
Congrats mate ;-)
Pete647580
Has liked: 1203 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

sendô wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:34 pm BTW anyone wanting an OV, there's an english language Seville forum with a match thread here:

'They have some good players, an animal abuser and a famous manager in David Moyes.'

:grin:
:crestnew:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

sendô wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:34 pmBTW anyone wanting an OV, there's an english language Seville forum with a match thread here
And for those of you who prefer KUMB's carefully curated, fully edited OV, here it is:

The opposition view: Sevilla
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136807
IronRhino
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by IronRhino »

We knocked out City in the City cup and now Seville in the Seville cup. Some season this and still so much more to come
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

wolf359 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:57 pm
I thought it was Sevilla that got taken out by a Ukrainian force.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 151 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

I've just stumbled across this if anyone's interested.

I haven't watched it myself yet, so I don't know what the quality's like

https://fullmatchesreplay.net/2022/03/1 ... ch-2022/#2
Igor_E7

Post by Igor_E7 »

PlaistowIron wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:34 am Shout out to Fornals. No idea what he eats for breakfast, but god it kept him running solidly for 115mins!
Word. All of them were fantastic, but Pablo's spirit and efforts were magnificent, he was running like absolutely mad man, I loved it!
Igor_E7

Post by Igor_E7 »

Pete647580 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:24 am How are we not all over the back page of every paper? Apparently the big story last night is Everton beating Newcastle 1-0.
f*** them and their papers :hamm:
woodford
Has liked: 409 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by woodford »

sendô wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:34 pm I just noted looking at the La Liga table that not only are Seville 2nd, but they've only lost twice in the league all season.

that is testament to the great job we did. Possibly because i was pissed but i cant remember any time during the game where i felt they got on top. In fairness there was a 10 minute spell where they passed it around but still didnt really threaten
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

Well, more than 24 hours after I left the house, I'm finally home. Stayed with a mate, then had a couple of hospital appointments this morning and afternoon.

Well, what can I say?

I got on here yesterday morning, and when I was reading the comments, I was thinking 'I want some of that. I want to go', so posted on the ticket thread, and got on the OS and just clicking F5 until BOOM! I got some tickets!

Then reality hit me. Since I had my surgery last year, I've not had the bottle to do an event - especially not a football match. Thing is though, I just knew I had to bite the bullet and deal with it - no point hiding indoors and not living like I used to, so I printed off my tickets, got in the car and bowled over to Elm Park.

The atmosphere was already in the air on the underground. there wasn't that many Hammers on there, but they were dotted about, and you could just sense the occasion.

When we got off at Stratford International on the DLR, I was amazed at just how packed the bars and Westfield was. We were going to stop and get some grub, but like hell was we going to sit in those queues, so we took a slow stroll to the ground - and by the time we got there, the concourses had just been opened, and bloody hell - over an hour before kick-off and it was already packed in the concourses and outside the ground. It just seemed like a never ending flow of people coming through the turnstiles.

We had a couple of drinks, and about half hour before kick-off headed off to our seats - and dear God what a climb it was. Note to self - never buy tickets in the upper tier again. Well, not Row 67 anyway. Maybe up to row 20.

Behind us was a Welsh lady with her son, a group of young blokes in front, a young couple to one side, and a dad with his young son the other side.

You could feel the sense of occasion - it was an atmosphere I'd never felt before - not at The Boleyn Ground, not at Wembley, not at anywhere else. I'm not saying it was better, just different, you know?

About ten minutes before kick-off, I had to run down and empty my poxy bag again, and when I came back - Jesus - the place was full. In the short time I was away, it was like 60,000 people had suddenly been teleported in to their seats.

At this point, although some old farts may say the pre-match stuff may have been a bit cheesy, I thought it was ok, it certainly went some way to building us all up I think.

The first half seemed to just fly by, and then it happened - Soucek header right in the onion bag. I've never heard anything like it in my entire life. Well, not until the second goal!

I don't really want to talk about the game per se, but rather what an absolutely tremendous night all of the team, Moyes, the club - and us - the fans, gave us. It was one of those nights that will be spoken about forever there's a West Ham United Football Club. It was that special. We made history.

What an absolutely fantastic lot we are. That noise, that atmosphere - we did that, and it spurred on our boys to a famous victory.

Whilst every player on that pitch is worthy of a 10 rating, I'm only going to give each and every one a 9 - because that 10 goes to us - because our noise, our backing, and that atmosphere really was the 12th man, to coin a cliché, and the 60k Hammers that were there - they were the men, women and children of the match. We made it what it was, and we can quite rightly, be proud of that.

simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Who spotted Kaz up in the directors box doing some kind of f*ck knows what jig
Igor_E7

Post by Igor_E7 »

S-H wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:09 am Ordered a fat cigar last night, for the final..

The second cup final against Atalanta in one season! (Sorry Rangers, I am not sorry).
GALF
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by GALF »

There was a real sense of occasion from the off yesterday. As soon as I stepped off at Stratford Intl station there was a feeling in the air similar to the last game at The Boleyn.

I’ve never seen so many people in and around that stadium and it was one of those typical “under the lights” type nights.

Through laziness we lost our ST seats in the TBL and so we sat in 241 last night. Had a great view of the entire Billy Bonds stand and it was literally rocking at times, so too was the BML.

I never thought I would experience a night like our last game at The Boleyn ever again (obviously a pessimist), and last night wasn’t quite that, but it was bloody close.

Fantastic night.

Oh and we won…
Jennings
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 240 likes

Post by Jennings »

S-H wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:12 am First half +1min of time added on.

Second half +1min of time added on.

Second half of extra time (when we are winning the tie) +2mins of time added on.

The ref was a 🔔
I saw it a bit differently, with five subs & a goal in that second half of extra time the ref did us a massive favour by only adding on a mere two minutes.

Definitely incompetent though.
Igor_E7

Post by Igor_E7 »

-DL- wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:32 pm Well, what can I say?

[. . .]

You won my personal Post Of The Thread award, sir! :clap: :clap:
Jennings
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 240 likes

Post by Jennings »

-DL- wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:32 pm Well, more than 24 hours after I left the house, I'm finally home. Stayed with a mate, then had a couple of hospital appointments this morning and afternoon.

Well, what can I say?

I got on here yesterday morning, and when I was reading the comments, I was thinking 'I want some of that. I want to go', so posted on the ticket thread, and got on the OS and just clicking F5 until BOOM! I got some tickets!

Great post. I’m glad you got to go.