Tottenham 3-1 West Ham Utd (20/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Re: ⚽ Tottenham v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

I wasn't aware the rules had changed on the amount of 'malice' shown when someone slaps an opposition player in the face. I was under the impression hand to face is a red, regardless of the power put behind it. I seem to remember Martial 'tapping' an opponent on the cheek a couple of seasons ago and that resulted in a red. Now I detest Martial as much as Son and Reguilon, but please someone tell me when were the different bands of velocity applied to a hand to the face incident which is now apparently being measured on some sort of a richter scale?
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Tbh Antonio could have been sent off for leading with his elbow on Dier. More dangerous than handbags
Westcliffspur
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Westcliffspur »

El brooko79 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:13 pm Tbh Antonio could have been sent off for leading with his elbow on Dier. More dangerous than handbags

Like I said it's easy to pick out the opposition's infringement but not as easy when it's your own players.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing at all.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 359 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Westcliffspur wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:16 pm Like I said it's easy to pick out the opposition's infringement but not as easy when it's your own players.
Have you got anything other than what looks like a crayon drawing of that ? I've not seen it before

I've mentioned already in this thread that Antonio needs to cut out the diving.

How do you feel about Son's antics, as a footballer, when getting hit (gently) by a football?
Iron-on-transfer

Eric Dier?...."running at full speed"?....well that's obviously a lie then.
El brooko79

Post by El brooko79 »

Billy Hunt wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:24 pm Have you got anything other than what looks like a crayon drawing of that ? I've not seen it before

I've mentioned already in this thread that Antonio needs to cut out the diving.

How do you feel about Son's antics, as a footballer, when getting hit (gently) by a football?
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Lets be honest, they’re all trying to get some sort of advantage by attempting to con the ref in some form or another. Of course players like Salah, Son, Luiz, Vardy and Zaha are on another level of play acting the dive or holding the face.
I’m actually sick and tired of watching matches of endless diving, cheating and running up to the ref like school girls screaming Miss, Miss she said this ….that.
Just fuqk off and play football for the people who have paid to come and watch, you overpaid qunts.
El brooko79

Post by El brooko79 »

Not seen another angle, he must have not connected properly otherwise would have taken Diers head off. No intent as Antonio isn't that type.

Doesn't change the fact that Son is an intentionally cheating snide.
Billy Hunt

Post by Billy Hunt »

El brooko79 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:26 pm
Cheers, and no that doesn't look great...
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Imagine Son playing Rugby, that would be hilarious. What would he do if he had to bat against a 95 mph short ball stuff under his chin. He’d most likely roll around on the floor if a ball was bowled into his pads wouldn’t he.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Westcliffspur wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:58 pm Out of interest. Has Antonio deliberate elbow to Dier's face when he ran into to challenge the Spurs defender in the box been mentioned? If Dier had chosen to go down that would have been a straight red card. We all see things the opposition players do to.our players but let's not pretend our own team are angels.
we would all like to elbow Dier in the face though, dont think you can single Antonio out for that as any decent human being would do the same thing, i also dont see you condoning Son for his embarrassing actions and this is after all a west ham forum. anyway must dash Ive got Europa league quarter final tickets to book :arry: :scarfer:
Iron-on-transfer

I'd like to see Son playing musical chairs in a sports hall. :grin:
Billy Hunt

Post by Billy Hunt »

In fairness to Son, them footballs do hurt though don't they, just ask Rivaldo

smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by smuts »

To be honest if Dier had made a meal of that (which to be fair to him he didn't) then that's a red.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Didn't see the game and I haven't watched any highlights yet. I also haven't read too much of this thread either, but do I get the feeling we were running on empty by the end of the game?

To be honest, after Thursday, this result was never going to bother me, but at least Spuds can relish having won one of their FA Cups this season.

The clips of Son over the last couple pages............That man is a f**king embarrassment.
TwoTubs
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by TwoTubs »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:15 pm Didn't see the game and I haven't watched any highlights yet. I also haven't read too much of this thread either, but do I get the feeling we were running on empty by the end of the game?

To be honest, after Thursday, this result was never going to bother me, but at least Spuds can relish having won one of their FA Cups this season.

The clips of Son over the last couple pages............That man is a f**king embarrassment.
Can't stand the little git. And yes, their Cup Final. It meant so much to beat us and they say we're the ones who sre obssessed lol
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by k-r-c »

El brooko79 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:26 pm
I didnt notice this during the game. But hes defo thrown his arm into an unnatural position - to be honest lucky to get away with that.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Westcliffspur wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:16 pm Like I said it's easy to pick out the opposition's infringement but not as easy when it's your own players.
To be fair, you can't tell anything from that picture.
Looked like Antonio went to give him a strong shove on the shoulder. It was a foul, but from the live footage it's impossible to see where the contact actually was on both Antonio and Dier. There wasn't a close up or replay.
He was clearly rattled in this game but I don't believe even he would be stupid enough to make such a blatant, intentional elbow.

EDIT
Just seen the twitter video above. Can't work out what Antonio is trying to do - an arm across him perhaps. Can't really tell where the contact occurs still - Dier also puts his elbow out as Antonio comes in, which may be why Antonio has his arm so high.

If I went through the first half I could find at least half a doxen examples of blatant fouls on Antonio.
Starting form the very first minute, Spurs made sure someone had a hold of him whenever they lost possession.
The ref had words wth Romero at one point (about 15 mins in), Romero just called across to Doherty to take over the manhandling - which I think was the pulling him backwards by his collar incident someone mentioned earlier, that the ref ignored.
Couple of minutes later Romero went through the back of Antonio ten yards inside their half. Ref gave the free kick, but no card (a minute later he booked Dawson for an attempted cynical foul in Spurs half that Son threw himself down for).
Romero got away with fouling Antonio for the rest of the half.
Antonio did kick out at him after being shoved in the back and face by the touchline.
I thought it was going to be Southampton all over again for him.
Last edited by Crossd_Hammrs on Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 525 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Quite, very lucky to get away with that one. I don't remember it even being mentioned in the game.