Tottenham 3-1 West Ham Utd (20/3/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

D C
Has liked: 1122 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Re: ⚽ Tottenham v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by D C »

Rays Rock wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:32 pm Imagine Son playing Rugby, that would be hilarious. What would he do if he had to bat against a 95 mph short ball stuff under his chin. He’d most likely roll around on the floor if a ball was bowled into his pads wouldn’t he.
Good thing he doesn’t play that irrelevant rubbish then isn’t it
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

Nothing to see here.

Disappointed in Antonio to be fair..

Should have at least planted that on Son or Femidon.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Rays Rock wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:27 pm Just fuqk off and play football…
I saw a non league game on Saturday. A player took a bit of a dive and his own players were taking the piss. Try doing it at that level and you’d last a few games.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Rays Rock wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:27 pm Lets be honest, they’re all trying to get some sort of advantage by attempting to con the ref in some form or another. Of course players like Salah, Son, Luiz, Vardy and Zaha are on another level of play acting the dive or holding the face.
I’m actually sick and tired of watching matches of endless diving, cheating and running up to the ref like school girls screaming Miss, Miss she said this ….that.
Just fuqk off and play football for the people who have paid to come and watch, you overpaid qunts.
Maddison gave a masterclass yesterday. Made out he was shielding the ball but actually moved away from it into the oncoming player trying to go around him. Instead of being shunted forwards as you'd expect if someone rear ended you, he somehow managed to make both legs go backwards.
He scored from the resulting free kick.
Can you guess who has scored the most goals from outside the box this season.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1872 likes
Total likes: 2491 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Not impressed by Antonio there. Wonder if Moyes spotted it happen and that influenced his post match comments?
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3195 likes
Total likes: 2330 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Crossd_Hammrs wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:06 pm Can you guess who has scored the most goals from outside the box this season.
Michail Antonio???
Billy Bonds boots
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Billy Bonds boots »

as we all know the main reason we were poor yesterday was because it took it out of them against sevilla, we needed to strengthen in jan and we didnt ( the right players wernt out there which i still cant get my head around ) spurs bought a decent couple in but there was not any out there :chin: also moyes changed the system, zouma antonio soucec looked dead on ther feet, we lost thats life, now we have to throw all our eggs in one basket and thats the europa, if we come away with nothing then there shouid be an inquest why we never strengthend and im afraid it will be at a loss as i think we will lose rice and bowen but thats my opion, ive enjoyed the ride and i dont want to get off so lets hope we can win that magical trophy to keep the good times going :newthumb:
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Apologies if this has already been posted but what happened on the concourse during the game to get the police involved and stewards running?

And I understand there was some trouble just before the game outside a pub in the High Road which was apparently caused by West Ham fans.

Making the away fans walk to Northumberland Park did seem to reduce the potential for trouble afterwards. I spoke to a couple of police officers before the game to ask if that would be happening and why and they said it was because of previous trouble on the High Road.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Perhaps it was some Spurs fans pretending to have been punched in the face and were rolling around on the floor trying to get the police to arrest one of ours.
Long Shot
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Long Shot »

Westcliffspur wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:16 pm Like I said it's easy to pick out the opposition's infringement but not as easy when it's your own players.
What the f*** is that? It's like that old Loch Ness monster photo
Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock »

Crossd_Hammrs wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:06 pm Maddison gave a masterclass yesterday. Made out he was shielding the ball but actually moved away from it into the oncoming player trying to go around him. Instead of being shunted forwards as you'd expect if someone rear ended you, he somehow managed to make both legs go backwards.
He scored from the resulting free kick.
Can you guess who has scored the most goals from outside the box this season.
Ah yes Maddison. I left that actress off of my list.
Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock »

Doc H Ball wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:03 pm I saw a non league game on Saturday. A player took a bit of a dive and his own players were taking the piss. Try doing it at that level and you’d last a few games.
This is exactly what needs to happen at the top. If any broadcaster was brave enough they should Commission a prime time show hosted by a comedian where they rip the piss out the previous weeks feigning and diving. Have a wall like top gear with the worst offenders stuck at the top and update it week on week.
If that was to catch on like fantasy football did and became part of ‘terrace talk’, those players might think twice about offending for fear of being made to look stupid. They’d certainly get the piss taken out of them at every away ground.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2031 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Westcliffspur wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:16 pm Like I said it's easy to pick out the opposition's infringement but not as easy when it's your own players.
That's just an arm, not like it's a football or anything.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Rays Rock wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:23 pmIf that was to catch on like fantasy football did and became part of ‘terrace talk’, those players might think twice about offending for fear of being made to look stupid. They’d certainly get the piss taken out of them at every away ground.

Sadly, you only have to look at what's going on in the present day - with wall to wall video-sharing - to conclude that it doesn't appear to make a blind bit of difference to how players act.

I can't now remember his name, but there was a Sunderland player who was caught on camera literally throwing himself to the floor. Torres, the player who was on Liverpool then Chelsea's books did it once, too, in his nation's shirt, and memed for years later. Did they stop doing it? Not at all.

Westcliff is partly right, too, we put other team's folk devils on parade. Scratch that, we put them under a C&B lensed microscope, but rarely talk about Noble's loss-of-footing-on-a-brush-of-the-shirt and Iron Mike's tumbles, if ever.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by smuts »

Noble's fall on the ball routine :crylol:

It's right up there with his penalty profiency.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Rays Rock wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:23 pm This is exactly what needs to happen at the top. If any broadcaster was brave enough they should Commission a prime time show hosted by a comedian where they rip the piss out the previous weeks feigning and diving. Have a wall like top gear with the worst offenders stuck at the top and update it week on week.
If that was to catch on like fantasy football did and became part of ‘terrace talk’, those players might think twice about offending for fear of being made to look stupid. They’d certainly get the piss taken out of them at every away ground.
This is a great idea. Their antics yesterday (Son particularly) were embarrassing. I would hate to see any of our players resorting to that level.
I'm not bitter about the result, but honestly, 20 years ago he would have been ridiculed beyond belief. I suppose its acceptable now and this is what I loath about the modern game. Bent as an Arabs dagger.
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by James P »

Soccer AM have a “let’s all laugh at diving” bit every episode
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 128 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

brownout wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:51 pm Apologies if this has already been posted but what happened on the concourse during the game to get the police involved and stewards running?

And I understand there was some trouble just before the game outside a pub in the High Road which was apparently caused by West Ham fans.

Making the away fans walk to Northumberland Park did seem to reduce the potential for trouble afterwards. I spoke to a couple of police officers before the game to ask if that would be happening and why and they said it was because of previous trouble on the High Road.
But the ridiculous thing about marching us towards Northumberland park is that their fans arrive at the same station a few yards away separated by some barriers and a few police. If our fans wanted to go northbound, or one of theirs southbound, then they would have to swap queues and be clearly identified .
On a separate note I wasn't on the concourse at half time but the guy next to me didn't return second half and I understand he was arrested.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

James P wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:40 pm Soccer AM have a “let’s all laugh at diving” bit every episode
At least they are getting some laughs then.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

prophet:marginal wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:36 pm
Westcliff is partly right, too, we put other team's folk devils on parade. Scratch that, we put them under a C&B lensed microscope, but rarely talk about Noble's loss-of-footing-on-a-brush-of-the-shirt and Iron Mike's tumbles, if ever.
The problem Antonio has is he will stay on his feet despite getting fouled consistently, and then every now and then he'll flop over and the merest whiff of a challenge for no reason.